The Grace Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Grace Place is a forum that shares the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you are not saved but would like to know more, please contact one of the moderators for assistance.

AWTJ BOOKS IS A PLACE WHERE INDIE AUTHORS CAN GATHER TO DISCUSS, ADVERTISE, AND PROMOTE THEIR WORK FOR FREE. EVEN IF YOU HAVEN'T WRITTEN A BOOK, YOU ARE FREE TO JOIN TOO. FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS AN AUTHOR'S WORK, OR GIVE A REVIEW! WE DO NOT ALLOW EXPLICIT CONTENT OR WITCHCRAFT BOOKS.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A centerpiece of your home.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A centerpiece of your home. Empty A centerpiece of your home. Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:44 pm

Anonymous

Dr Crawford gave this message on Father's Day...and it touched me, I hope that it will touch you too.

In Deut 11:18-21, GOD teaches His people to make the Bible the centerpeice of their homes.

Deu 11:18 ¶ Therefore shall ye lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes. 19 And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up. 20 And thou shalt write them upon the door posts of thine house, and upon thy gates: 21 That your days may be multiplied, and the days of your children, in the land which the LORD sware unto your fathers to give them, as the days of heaven upon the earth.

The 5 points given:

1. Make sure that everyone in your home is saved, like everyone in heaven is saved. Only the saved enter heaven.

Rev 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. 12 ¶ And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward [is] with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. 13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. 14 Blessed [are] they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Start early in seeking to win children to Christ.

Jhn 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

2Ti 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

2. Make sure the Bible is setteled on earth (in your home) as it is in heaven.

Psa 119:89 LAMED. For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.

Psa 138:2 I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name.

Its authority is for every dicision must be presented and accepted.

3. Make sure to have love on earth as the love that is in heaven.

Act 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

4. Forgive on earth as GOD forgives in heaven.

Jhn 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

1Th 4:9 ¶ But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.

Rom 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

5. Forgive on earth as GOD forgives in heaven.

1Jo 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Eph 4:32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Conclusion: With the simple truths above, you should determine that your household will be "As the Days of Heaven upon the Earth.

Deu 11:21 That your days may be multiplied, and the days of your children, in the land which the LORD sware unto your fathers to give them, as the days of heaven upon the earth.

Jos 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that [were] on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

On another note, I also believe that this is the verse that the Hebrew Children reference upon the door posts of their home, and the Teflin that the men were upon their foreheads. Someone who has more knowledge of this, please share....

May the LORD bless you in HIS WORD.

2A centerpiece of your home. Empty Re: A centerpiece of your home. Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:35 am

Anonymous

Many people have the Bible laid out and displayed in their home, but how much dust gathers on its cover?

My Bible is well worn from use...and I have had several Bibles over the years...I use them until the cover falls apart...have one that I used ducktape to hold the cover on it. They have a special place reserved for them in my heart and in my home. I pray that the BIBLE has a special place in your home too.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum