The Grace Place is a forum that shares the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you are not saved but would like to know more, please contact one of the moderators for assistance.

AWTJ BOOKS IS A PLACE WHERE INDIE AUTHORS CAN GATHER TO DISCUSS, ADVERTISE, AND PROMOTE THEIR WORK FOR FREE. EVEN IF YOU HAVEN'T WRITTEN A BOOK, YOU ARE FREE TO JOIN TOO. FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS AN AUTHOR'S WORK, OR GIVE A REVIEW! WE DO NOT ALLOW EXPLICIT CONTENT OR WITCHCRAFT BOOKS.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Revivals Before the Coming of the LORD

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1default Revivals Before the Coming of the LORD on Fri May 16, 2008 8:44 am

Pamela

Admin
Admin
Before I post the link to this article I want to state my position on revivals in today's time frames...I don't believe there will be any. How do I draw that conculsion? The bible tells this.

Only God knows the exact time of the return of Christ but He does expect us to know the seasons. This is why it is VERY IMPORTANT to know the FESTIVALS, it gives us knowledge about the seasons..

Christ told us that it will be like it was in the days of Noah and the days of Lot. It is important to know what was going on in the days of Noah as it is one of the signs of our Saviours return. We all know the story about Noah's ark and the flood but why did God send the flood? The answer to that will tell us what it will be like when Christ returns. Read what Christ had to say about the days of Noah.

Matthew 24:37-41 37But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

40Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

41Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Okay now let's look at the days of Lot...

Luke 17:28-30
28Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
29But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

There are very similar and same things going on here. People were going about their business, sinful ways and they were certainly NOT in a revival. Those that were to be taken out were either preparing to escape God's wrath by instruction of the LORD or were being lead of angels of the LORD to escape destruction. No revivals...

Now, News articles are saying there is a huge revival taking place in Lakeland FL. I agree with some of the information in the articial I am going to post in that I am not going to judge them. But what I am going to do is judge them according to what the Word says because we are commanded to do so..

Let's look at Judging: Strong's Concordance #3212
Found here: http://www.crossroad.to/HisWord/verses/topics/judge.htm

• to separate, put asunder, to pick out, select, choose
  • to approve, esteem, to prefer
  • to be of opinion, deem, think, to be of opinion
  • to determine, resolve, decree
  • to judge
  • to pronounce an opinion concerning right and wrong
  • to be judged, i.e. summoned to trial that one’s case may be examined
  • to pronounce judgment, to subject to censure
  • to pass judgment on the deeds and words of others
  • to rule, govern
  • to preside over with the power of giving judicial decisions

This statement puts it best: We must always exercise moral judgment and judge (evaluate, discern, determine) what is right or wrong according to the standard of God's Word

While we must judge (discern) between good and evil (works, influences, messages, practices, etc.), we are told not to pass judgment on unbelievers or hold them accountable to God's laws (which can only be understood by those who are filled with the Holy Spirit).

"...we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Christ...." Ephesians 4:14-15

"Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted. Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing [apart from Christ], he deceives himself."Galatians 6:1-3

"Brethren, if anyone among you wanders from the truth, and someone turns him back, let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save a soul from death and cover a multitude of sins." James 5:19-20

By the above bibilical text I say what I say concerning the Lakeland, FL revival. Now the article.

http://charismamag.com/fireinmybones/

http://awtj.webs.com

2default Re: Revivals Before the Coming of the LORD on Fri May 16, 2008 12:41 pm

I'm not sure if I disagree or not, as I'm am unsure as to your meaning of "revival".

Personally I believe the Biblical meaning is very similar to the medical meaning, to bring back to life. If I assume that meaning then revival is going on al over the world. Even in our very small church we have gotten several new members this year, some of which are young teenagers that have come on their own without their parents. We have had a few people already this year come forward and accept Christ as their personal Lord and Savior, do to my way of thinking they have eluded death and been revived to life everlasting. I work toward bringing people to the Lord with every opportunity, so I guess I am guilty of attempting revivals as well.

We have an occasional old time revival around here, some are legitimate I am sure. Sadly some are not, of this I am sure as well. I have never in my life attended one that I can recall, it is however extremely possible I attended when I was very young and just don't remember it.

3default Re: Revivals Before the Coming of the LORD on Fri May 16, 2008 1:11 pm

Pamela

Admin
Admin
The Last Rebel Soldier wrote:I'm not sure if I disagree or not, as I'm am unsure as to your meaning of "revival".

Personally I believe the Biblical meaning is very similar to the medical meaning, to bring back to life. If I assume that meaning then revival is going on al over the world. Even in our very small church we have gotten several new members this year, some of which are young teenagers that have come on their own without their parents. We have had a few people already this year come forward and accept Christ as their personal Lord and Savior, do to my way of thinking they have eluded death and been revived to life everlasting. I work toward bringing people to the Lord with every opportunity, so I guess I am guilty of attempting revivals as well.

We have an occasional old time revival around here, some are legitimate I am sure. Sadly some are not, of this I am sure as well. I have never in my life attended one that I can recall, it is however extremely possible I attended when I was very young and just don't remember it.
Could we be using the word "REVIVAL" in the wrong context? That is what I am proned to believe, why? Because the Word is overall truth and if we are to believe that in His coming will be like in the days of Noah and Lot, there were no revivals taking place.

Though was I believe people are labling their service "revival" because people are drawn in by that word. I know I have going to a many myself. I remember my first revival, I could not wait to go and see how different it was going to be from regular church services. I was highly disappointed, as it was a rouse to sell wares and scream and holler louder than a normal Sunday service.

But that is a key word there, "drawing in".....

http://awtj.webs.com

4default Re: Revivals Before the Coming of the LORD on Fri May 16, 2008 2:25 pm

That is why I specifically showed the context I use the word in, I think we probably agree.

I believe that we are bound by The Great Commission at the end of Matthew until Christ returns, and possibly afterwards, if I am one left behind to face the tribulation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum