The Grace Place is a forum that shares the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you are not saved but would like to know more, please contact one of the moderators for assistance.

AWTJ BOOKS IS A PLACE WHERE INDIE AUTHORS CAN GATHER TO DISCUSS, ADVERTISE, AND PROMOTE THEIR WORK FOR FREE. EVEN IF YOU HAVEN'T WRITTEN A BOOK, YOU ARE FREE TO JOIN TOO. FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS AN AUTHOR'S WORK, OR GIVE A REVIEW! WE DO NOT ALLOW EXPLICIT CONTENT OR WITCHCRAFT BOOKS.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Baptism is it necessary? Doctrine of Baptisms

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1default Baptism is it necessary? Doctrine of Baptisms on Tue May 20, 2008 11:17 am

Pamela

Admin
Admin
This is a question many have debated on whether it is a necessary step to be saved and/or for salvation.

The Word tells us that Salvation is given by acceptance of Jesus Christ as the only Son of God, that He died on the cross for us so that we might be saved. There is only one way to heaven and that is through Jesus Christ.
Acts 16:30-31 30And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? 31And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Salvation is a gift given by grace and once you accept Christ Jesus as your Savior you are then accepted into the Body of Christ. It also justifies you before our Father in Heaven.

Doctrine of Baptism? Hebrews 6:2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

Once this doctrine is learned, all debate is washed away, and a flood of understanding comes in. A babe in Christ should learn these things right away so there is no room for confusion.

There are 3 phases to the doctrine of baptisms and 4 questions to ask with each.

The 3 phases are:

• Baptized into the Body of Christ (1 Cor.12:13)
  • Baptized in water
  • Baptized in the Holy Spirit

The 4 questions:

1. Who is baptized?
  2. What is received?
  3. Why?
  4. Who baptizes?

Phase 1:Baptized into the Body of Christ:1 Cor. 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

1. Who is baptized at this phase? The lost repentant sinner. Acts 2: 21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

2. What is received? Justification as the law is nolonger in effect, Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, forgiveness of sin, 1 John 1: 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. The Spirit of Christ is received into our human spirit.

3. Why? To escape hell and to have eternal life. John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

4. Who baptizes? It is God who baptizes the sinner into the Body of Christ sending the Spirit of Jesus into the lost repentant sinner. Gal. 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

The next two phases can happen in any order, BUT phase one must happen first. Why? You must be born again and part of the Body of Christ to received phase two and three. If you go down in the water to be baptized being an unsaved person, you go down a dry sinner and come up a wet hypocrite. Part two and three is for the saved person only.

Phase 2: Baptized with water: Matthew 3:11 "I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me will come one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not fit to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.
1. Who is baptized? The saved person, the repentent sinner. The born again believer. The eunch gave that qualification to be baptized in Acts 8:36-38. Verse 37 is the qualifiying : And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

2. What is received? Your baptized in a body of water, Acts 8:36-38 36And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? 37And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. 38And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

3. Why should you be baptized? Here is where debate comes in. Should you or should you not be baptized? Does it really matter? Is it a key for salvation? To answer the last question first, NO. We already know that the only way to Heaven is through Jesus Christ, there is no other way. Yes, you should be baptized because it is a matter of OBEDIENCE to God. It matters to the saved person ONLY if that saved person has an interest in being obedient to God. Romans 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
John 1:17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
The law was fulfilled, now it is a matter of obiedence.

4. Who baptizes? The God ordained minister. 1 Cor.1:14-15 I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius; 15Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name. At that time attetion was being given to the "baptizer" and that needed correcting.

Phase 3: Baptized in the Holy Spirit:

1.Who is baptized? The born again spiritual hungry believer. You have to seek after it, you have to want it. Acts 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

One example where the Holy Spirit was given upon after being water baptized. They had already been baptized by John the Baptist.
Acts 19:2-6 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost. 3And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism. 4Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus. 5When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. 6And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.Our will comes into play in as how far we are willing to go into maturing here.
Here is an example where Peter explains what a lost repentant sinner recieves and while he was speaking the Holy Ghost skipped the pattern. They began to speak in tongues, then they were baptized twice, they were then baptized in water.
Acts 10:44-48 44While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. 45And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost. 46For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter, 47Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? 48And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

2. What is received? The power of the Holy Spirit with gifts. Evidence will follow you. Acts 19:6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

3.Why should you be baptized? To live an overcoming life, John chapters 14,15,&16. Within these 3 chapters there are 7 major points Jesus gave in the Upper Room about the Holy Spirit. Hint: They all start with the letter "C".

4.Who baptizes? Jesus baptizes at this point. Matthew 3:11-12 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire: 12Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

http://awtj.webs.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum