The Grace Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Grace Place is a forum that shares the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you are not saved but would like to know more, please contact one of the moderators for assistance.

AWTJ BOOKS IS A PLACE WHERE INDIE AUTHORS CAN GATHER TO DISCUSS, ADVERTISE, AND PROMOTE THEIR WORK FOR FREE. EVEN IF YOU HAVEN'T WRITTEN A BOOK, YOU ARE FREE TO JOIN TOO. FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS AN AUTHOR'S WORK, OR GIVE A REVIEW! WE DO NOT ALLOW EXPLICIT CONTENT OR WITCHCRAFT BOOKS.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Castaway

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Castaway Empty Castaway Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:45 pm

Anonymous

The other evening I was watching part of a movie staring Tom Hanks called "Castaway."

He had made himself a "made freind" from a Wilson volley ball because he was marooned on this small island and terribly alone.

Well, in one scene Tom, the character he is playing, starts to argue with Wilson, his friend, and throws the ball out in a fit, after he's yelling "I'm having an arguement with a volley ball!"

After a few moments he panics and frantically searches for "Wilson" screaming "Wilson!"

Well, he finds Wilson and re paints a face on Wilson (washed partly away when the ball fell in the water)

In the movie Tom's character repainted the face with his own blood and when he finished he smiles "hey, I know you!"

I've been thinking about this a few days now as this movie scene has been a thought to me for some time.

What was there before God made the angels, before he made anything, before earth, the universe or even heaven, before Adam and even and even the first angel? What was there before God?

2Castaway Empty Re: Castaway Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:25 pm

Anonymous

GOD has always been there.

3Castaway Empty Re: Castaway Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:10 pm

Pamela

Pamela
Admin
Admin

God was always there....Nothing was made, it was a big void...But God created ALL things HB, even the angels, but God was always...

I saw that movie the other night too...

http://awtj.webs.com

4Castaway Empty Re: Castaway Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:21 am

Anonymous

That's precisely what I've thought for some time about God, that he was infinitely alone onto himself before he created all things...

Do you think being alone that way would be painful, even suffering to God?

5Castaway Empty Re: Castaway Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:24 am

Anonymous

Bob wrote:That's precisely what I've thought for some time about God, that he was infinitely alone onto himself before he created all things...

Do you think being alone that way would be painful, even suffering to God?
Nope, I think he was able to keep himself amused... Wink

6Castaway Empty Re: Castaway Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:05 am

Anonymous

So do you suppose God was happy being alone before creation?

7Castaway Empty Re: Castaway Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:08 am

Anonymous

Bob wrote:So do you suppose God was happy being alone before creation?
Bob this is why you are so loved by all of us...you make us think. Yes, I think the LORD has always been happy...everything comes from HIM...so yes, happiness would be what I see in the LORD. We know from the WORD that the LORD is slow to anger, and has a BIG HEART for us too! cheers I love you

8Castaway Empty Re: Castaway Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:25 am

Anonymous

Then what do you suppose would make the Lord happier? That he spend eternity alone but amused by himself, or that he be joined in company for all eternity?

scratch :D

9Castaway Empty Re: Castaway Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:31 am

Anonymous

Bob wrote:Then what do you suppose would make the Lord happier? That he spend eternity alone but amused by himself, or that he be joined in company for all eternity?

scratch :D
lol! I think that is a trick question, but here goes...he would like to be surrounded by HIS PEOPLE. cheers

10Castaway Empty Re: Castaway Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:53 am

Anonymous

Good for you, Susan! I would believe so to because 'm here and so are you and so is anyone else who reads this. That God made me, and you, and you, and you...

...Which brings me to my point about the movie. I sometimes feel like that ball, Wilson, inanimate, subject to whim, can't even lift myself up, and completely in God's hands.

And I was made so that God could be happier with what he made rather than being by himself. I thank God he didn't choose the other route that Tom's character was considering, oblivion. If so, I wouldn't be here, no one would.

Then in the movie, Tom's character paint's a face on the ball with his own blood. To me it's like Christ, by his blood, has painted a face on me and from it the Lord say's "I know you, I know that face." I can't help but say "sure, this is wonderful!" I love you

Smile

11Castaway Empty Re: Castaway Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:59 am

Anonymous

Bob wrote:Good for you, Susan! I would believe so to because 'm here and so are you and so is anyone else who reads this. That God made me, and you, and you, and you...

...Which brings me to my point about the movie. I sometimes feel like that ball, Wilson, inanimate, subject to whim, can't even lift myself up, and completely in God's hands.

And I was made so that God could be happier with what he made rather than being by himself. I thank God he didn't choose the other route that Tom's character was considering, oblivion. If so, I wouldn't be here, no one would.

Then in the movie, Tom's character paint's a face on the ball with his own blood. To me it's like Christ, by his blood, has painted a face on me and from it the Lord say's "I know you, I know that face." I can't help but say "sure, this is wonderful!" I love you

Smile
That is a very cool analogy...I never thought about it. Hey Bob, you know the movie was based on a true story.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum