The Grace Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Grace Place is a forum that shares the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you are not saved but would like to know more, please contact one of the moderators for assistance.

AWTJ BOOKS IS A PLACE WHERE INDIE AUTHORS CAN GATHER TO DISCUSS, ADVERTISE, AND PROMOTE THEIR WORK FOR FREE. EVEN IF YOU HAVEN'T WRITTEN A BOOK, YOU ARE FREE TO JOIN TOO. FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS AN AUTHOR'S WORK, OR GIVE A REVIEW! WE DO NOT ALLOW EXPLICIT CONTENT OR WITCHCRAFT BOOKS.
Similar topics

You are not connected. Please login or register

OSAS is a Hot Topic ~ What is the answer?????

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Pamela

Pamela
    Admin
    Admin

That seems to be a hot topic from time to time. I was asked about this last night and expressed that I had been doing a study on this subject. This is one subject I have tossed back and forth on in the past but have since been given the answer, but not only after much seeking and prayer...

Since the Lord is not the author of confusion, I earnestly sought the Lord on this because I wanted final rest about it. This is what I believe and will stand firm on...This is my personal study.........

1. OSAS is a condition of the heart, as the Lord looks at the heart of a person because in it lays the truth concerning that person...Here is what the Bible says:

1 Samuel 16:7But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

2. Lip service is a condition born out of the flesh for it's own agenda and will NOT the will of the Father...But phoniness before God is unacceptable. Whether we’re happy or sad or mad, honesty is essential. God doesn’t want false expressions of worship any more than He wants false statements about people or circumstances...Here is what the Bible says:

Mark 7:6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.

I can share one example of lip service: There was a person I know, still do, that stood infront of the church and proclaimed the Lord as their Savior. This person did not change his life and continued on. Later he admitted that he only did this because he did it to bend things to HIS WAY, not to really give his life to the Lord. He had his own agenda and was doing what it took to make his agenda come to pass. It did not work as his life got kinda bad after that. Lip service is a self-serving lie and God does not and will not honor that...

Now I had to look at the truths...

The first thing I went to was this: FOUNDATION
    With any house, for it to be built strong, it must start out with a strong and solid foundation. What does the Word of God tell us is our foundation?

1 Cor. 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

God CANNOT build upon a lie and lip service and false worship is a lie. God will not honor that. Our foundation must be sure and true because as one can see, when we are truthfully following Christ, our foundation is built and that foundation is Jesus Christ. One thing I have seen and a can be a witness to is that when one tried to build on a lie it leads one into a degree of devastation in their lives.

The next thing I looked at was: WORKS

Why works? Because the WORKS is where exposure happens. What one does and what one produces in their lives exposes where their heart truly is. Not only that, it exposes their foundation as well because when a trial and tribulation comes their way, watch how they respond. It exposes truth in all things...

Luke 6:47 Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:

Luke 6:48 He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.

Verse 47 explains that we must "DO" what the Lord instructs, this is the evidence. One cannot refute the Word of the Lord it is plain and simple here. Verse 48 explains that when a trial comes by the way of a believer, if our foundation was true, we shall not be moved.

I concluded with this verse that if one is truly saved, there will come a day that they allow a little more of their flesh to die daily and allow the Lord to do works through them. Is this not what being saved is all about? I had to ask myself what is being saved all about? Being saved is:

1. Assuring my own salvation that on the day of my death I might be saved and enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.

After salvation in my own life what's next with me? I accepted forgiveness after repentance and I die to my flesh daily. I continue to grow in the Lord daily as so the Lord can build me. Once I gain a good understanding what then?

A. Once I begin to grow in the Lord what was my commission?

Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

AND

Matthew 28: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

I truly believe that one must know what they preach or teach to be truth according to the Word of God and not their own belief in what they THINK the Word of God is relaying.

CONTINUED!!

Last edited by Pamela on Mon May 18, 2009 8:56 am; edited 2 times in total

http://awtj.webs.com

Pamela

Pamela
    Admin
    Admin

Truth is key and the utmost thing we can relay, but it is also the part of the hearer to seek the Lord on what they hear. Only the Lord can produce the "life to the bones" revelation that exposes truth to you!~

The next thing I looked at was: WALK and RELATIONSHIP

1. Psalms 37:28 - God "does not" forsake those who are saved. They are "preserved" forever.

2. John 13:10 - "He who has bathed (been saved) need only to wash his feet (repent)." The bath which is salvation occurs just once while foot washing which is daily confession of sin having to do with fellowship occurs often.

3. Romans 8:35-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
    36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
    37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
    38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come..........

4. 1 Corinthians 1:8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

5. Ephesians 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

The Holy Spirit is given as "pledge". Thayer describes this word (arrhabon) as "a pledge of future blessings". A pledge is a solem binding promise to do something. One of the reasons God gives the Christian the Holy Spirit is that it is His promise for the future blessings of heaven that will ultimately await them.

It cannot be revoked once it is given...PRAISE GOD!!!!

6. Ephesians 4:30 - Christians are sealed by the Holy Spirit "for the day of redemption".

7. 2 Timothy 1:12 - Paul is "convinced" that God is able to guard what he has entrusted to Him until the day of judgment.

8. 2 John 2 And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage.

The truth now abides in the Christian and will be with them "forever".

One last note:

Eph. 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

If He has already chosen you, you cannot under any power of your own, of which you have none, choose to be not be saved. He has purposed those whom He has chosen and He has given that power unto them because they heard His voice and called upon the Lord!

Last edited by Pamela on Mon May 18, 2009 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Pamela

Pamela
    Admin
    Admin

I hope this helps in your journey for the truth....

Anonymous

Thanks, we have school work to do right now. But I will be back to see all of this.

Hugs!

Anonymous

Just finished reading it all. Good posts! See the thing I see is so many people get hung up and debating this, that they dont see that both sides lead to the same thing! Salvation comes to those he has chosen. Not of our own works, least we boast, right! But I have seen others use the idea of once saved always saved to sin, thinking the are getting away with it. As you have stated, they are fooling themselves. I have seen way to many times that those that have throughen words around, and as to say that if you see on side of the word but dont agree on this just as they see it, then you must not be saved. They take a walk of justifing this treatment, that old thought, my way is better, and all that dont have the same mind set is in complete sin, and isnt saved. That is a foolish claim to make that gives un-needed pain to those that where there to just talk about their ideas. Thanks Pam for posting and doing all this work.

Hugs!

Pamela

Pamela
    Admin
    Admin

1. Yes you are correct, the bible does say that HE HAS CHOOSEN us....

Romans 8:28-30
    And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according go his purpose. 29) For whom he foreknew, he also predestined to become conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the first-born among many brethren; 30) and whom he predestined, these he also called; and whom he called, these he also justified; and whom he justified, these he also glorified.

2. That is also correct, as it is not by our works....It is the works HE does through us, it is by us dying daily so that HE MAY LIVE through us. So we cannot boast on the things He does through us. When a boast happens it is 100% directed by the flesh. There is no bones about that...

3. Those that use OSAS to sin are those who have yet to gain an understanding of who God is. This is the tricky line because then you have to draw the differences between those who are saved and only justified and choose to not go on to the next step which is sanctification. Sanctification is the truly dying to your self part and becoming part of the Bride. Also drawing the difference between those who are truly just giving lip service. This is where we cannot judge in our flesh but we judge using the Word of God. What does the Word say in knowing who is who? [

The Lord declared in the scriptures that in the last days there would arise many “false prophets” and “false christs” and such would show great signs and wonders that if it were possible, they would be able to deceive even the very elect. According to the words of our Lord, we will be able to identify the false prophets from the true prophets by their fruits. When most in the church today think of “fruit” with reference to this scripture, they assume this to mean “works”. However, this is not always the case especially with regards to false prophets/teachers for anyone can be deceptive in works thus, it would be difficult to discern the truth of the heart of one based solely upon works. For man can produce “good works”, but his heart may be still far from the Lord. . As the scriptures tell us that these false prophets “works” would be great. Thus if “fruits” were indication of “works” and their works were of great signs and wonders, what then would give them the label of being “false”? If we are going to define their sincerity based upon their works, wouldn’t then they be considered “good” in the eyes of man if they are going about doing great and marvelous things? The truth of the matter is the danger is not so much in their works and since works are deceptive this should not be our main area of focus. The danger shall be and IS in their DOCTRINE. Their WORDS shall be their fruit, and the doctrine of the man/woman who defines his/herself as a prophet of God shall clearly distinguish the true prophet of God from the false. For what comes out of the mouth of man is FIRST conceived in the heart. Therefore, if the speech is not birthed from the word of God such a one is not sent by God. All that is written in scripture is of TRUTH, thus any words spoken opposite of the Word of God is a lie.

That is judging correctly, as we use the Word and not the flesh to make the distinction here. It's found in Matthew 7:13-23.

If we use the Word to judge then we remain in right standing before the Lord and we ourselves will not be judged. It's when we tangle up in the flesh we so shall be judge even more harsly than our own judgment.

4. When people claim they know a person's salvation, they themselves have placed themselves in the role of God. That is what the enemy did and was cast out of heaven. All you can do is pray for that person and judge their statement according to the Word. If you bring them their correction using the Word and they refuse, continue to follow biblical guidelines to the end and if they still refuse, pray for them but walk away. It's not up to you to change them, its up to God. Have faith in God to handle what He needs to do wth that person. He will, for He is faithful.

5. Only God can give truth in understanding, that is why it's so important for each person to build their personal relationship with God and seek God on what His word says. He gives revelation knowledge, not man.

Your welcome and I pray it has helped you....

Anonymous

Ya...

Some have taken that ideas of He chosing us, as if it doesnt mean a thing that we believed and put out faith in Him. You know, free well being out the door with that understanding.
    That How so every believes part of the word, they cant exsplain that away with that idea.
    I as well, dont get how with all of this, that they come away with the idea that that all are saved, and no one is going to go to hell at all. When the bible says there will be!

Ok, stopping my rant!

Hugs!

Pamela

Pamela
    Admin
    Admin

Not everyone will be saved and it will be by their choice by not adhering to the call of the Lord.

It's only by a lack of understanindg that those who believe that all will go to heaven and no one goes to hell.

It won't be until that person seeks the truth will their understanding change.

God in his very word states it very clear that a large portion of this world will not go to heaven. The righteous walk is a narrow path...

Pamela

Pamela
    Admin
    Admin

That seems to be a hot topic from time to time. I was asked about this last night and expressed that I had been doing a study on this subject. This is one subject I have tossed back and forth on in the past but have since been given the answer, but not only after much seeking and prayer...

I posted this OP paragraph here to show that no one is talking to anyone about anything. The enemy is working overtime on some people and it needs to stop and just calm down...

I was asked about OSAS and what I believed it to be...I posted my notes, plain and simple...Stop letting the enemy play games with things that are not really there...Read the underlined sentence and you will see how things are being made to be much bigger than they really are.

I refuse to let this be played out in secret via PM's or emails and be made much bigger than they really are....

Shine the light on the truth is all I am doing...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]