The Grace Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Grace Place is a forum that shares the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you are not saved but would like to know more, please contact one of the moderators for assistance.

AWTJ BOOKS IS A PLACE WHERE INDIE AUTHORS CAN GATHER TO DISCUSS, ADVERTISE, AND PROMOTE THEIR WORK FOR FREE. EVEN IF YOU HAVEN'T WRITTEN A BOOK, YOU ARE FREE TO JOIN TOO. FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS AN AUTHOR'S WORK, OR GIVE A REVIEW! WE DO NOT ALLOW EXPLICIT CONTENT OR WITCHCRAFT BOOKS.
Similar topics

You are not connected. Please login or register

TEN LOST TRIBES

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1TEN LOST TRIBES Empty TEN LOST TRIBES Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:29 am

Pamela

Pamela
    Admin
    Admin

Before answering this question, really ponder on it...Me, I had not really given it a thought until I studied it recently and found it fascinating...

Question: What happened to the 10 lost tribes of Israel?

Don't answer to quickly, it's not as easy as it may seem....

Last edited by on Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://awtj.webs.com

2TEN LOST TRIBES Empty Re: TEN LOST TRIBES Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:33 pm

Anonymous

I think in order to understand the lost tribes of Israel, is to study the 12 tribes and the Promises that were given to each tribe/son by thier father Abraham...so I am posting this to get us started. Each of the 12 brothers received a certain propetic word regarding the last days, with their father's blessings.

49:1 And Jacob called unto his sons, and said, Gather yourselves together, that I may tell you that which shall befall you in the last days.

49:2 Gather yourselves together, and hear, ye sons of Jacob; and hearken unto Israel your father.

49:3 Reuben, thou art my firstborn, my might, and the beginning of my strength, the excellency of dignity, and the excellency of power:

49:4 Unstable as water, thou shalt not excel; because thou wentest up to thy father's bed; then defiledst thou it: he went up to my couch.

49:5 Simeon and Levi are brethren; instruments of cruelty are in their habitations.

49:6 O my soul, come not thou into their secret; unto their assembly, mine honor, be not thou united: for in their anger they slew a man, and in their self-will they digged down a wall.

49:7 Cursed be their anger, for it was fierce; and their wrath, for it was cruel: I will divide them in Jacob, and scatter them in Israel.

49:8 Judah, thou art he whom thy brethren shall praise: thy hand shall be in the neck of thine enemies; thy father's children shall bow down before thee.

49:9 Judah is a lion's whelp: from the prey, my son, thou art gone up: he stooped down, he couched as a lion, and as an old lion; who shall rouse him up?

49:10 The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.

49:11 Binding his foal unto the vine, and his ---'s colt unto the choice vine; he washed his garments in wine, and his clothes in the blood of grapes:

49:12 His eyes shall be red with wine, and his teeth white with milk.

49:13 Zebulun shall dwell at the haven of the sea; and he shall be for an haven of ships; and his border shall be unto Zidon.

49:14 Issachar is a strong --- couching down between two burdens:

Genesis 49:15 And he saw that rest was good, and the land that it was pleasant; and bowed his shoulder to bear, and became a servant unto tribute.

49:16 Dan shall judge his people, as one of the tribes of Israel.

49:17 Dan shall be a serpent by the way, an adder in the path, that biteth the horse heels, so that his rider shall fall backward.

49:18 I have waited for thy salvation, O LORD.

49:19 Gad, a troop shall overcome him: but he shall overcome at the last.

49:20 Out of Asher his bread shall be fat, and he shall yield royal dainties.

49:21 Naphtali is a hind let loose: he giveth goodly words.

49:22 Joseph is a fruitful bough, even a fruitful bough by a well; whose branches run over the wall:

49:23 The archers have sorely grieved him, and shot at him, and hated him:

49:24 But his bow abode in strength, and the arms of his hands were made strong by the hands of the mighty God of Jacob; (from thence is the shepherd, the stone of Israel:)

49:25 Even by the God of thy father, who shall help thee; and by the Almighty, who shall bless thee with blessings of heaven above, blessings of the deep that lieth under, blessings of the breasts, and of the womb:

49:26 The blessings of thy father have prevailed above the blessings of my progenitors unto the utmost bound of the everlasting hills: they shall be on the head of Joseph, and on the crown of the head of him that was separate from his brethren.

49:27 Benjamin shall raven as a wolf: in the morning he shall devour the prey, and at night he shall divide the spoil.

49:28 All these are the twelve tribes of Israel: and this is it that their father spake unto them, and blessed them; every one according to his blessing he blessed them.

3TEN LOST TRIBES Empty Re: TEN LOST TRIBES Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:36 pm

Anonymous

Here are just 4 that stood out to me.

1. Genesis 49, verse 10 speaks of the coming Messiah.

2. Genesis 49:6-18, speak of DAN as Judge of Israel...that GOD is waiting for their Salvation.

3. Genesis 49:19, Gad was overcome at first, but will be the one who overcomes in the last.

4. Genesis 49:20 Asher, will overflow with riches, ie, there is talk of oil being found in Asher.

4TEN LOST TRIBES Empty Re: TEN LOST TRIBES Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:43 pm

Pamela

Pamela
    Admin
    Admin

Yes that is the right track....

You also have to look into what happened after the they split into 2 kingdoms....

Where did the the 12 tribes go? 2 went one way and 10 went another.......

The plot thickens.....

5TEN LOST TRIBES Empty Re: TEN LOST TRIBES Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:01 am

Anonymous

Squeezed between Burma and Bangladesh, 'descendants' of the Lost Tribes of Israel convert to Judaism

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=N2XTUR0C4SLHFQFIQMFSFGGAVCBQ0IV0?xml=/news/2005/04/17/wjew17.xml

India's lost tribe recognised as Jews after 2,700 years
    By Peter Foster in Aizawl
    Last Updated: 12:48am BST 17/09/2005

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/09/17/windia17.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/09/17/ixworld.html

6TEN LOST TRIBES Empty Re: TEN LOST TRIBES Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:15 pm

Pamela

Pamela
    Admin
    Admin

"DID YOU KNOW THAT....." According to the Bible ten out of the twelve tribes of Israel split away (1-Kings 12:19), formed their own kingdom of "Israel" (1-Kings 12:20) and were exiled by the Assyrians (2-Kings 17:18. They forget their identity (Hosea 1:9 7:8 Isaiah 49:21) and became the Lost Ten Tribes. In the future they will re-unite with the Jews (Ezekiel 37, Isaiah 11:13 Jeremiah 3:18 of "Judah", but until then they have a role of their own to fulfill. They were destined to be situated at the continental extremities of the earth such as North America, the British Isles, Scandinavia, the Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa (Deuteronomy 33:13 Isaiah 24:16 26:15 41:8-9 49:6), to be the richest (Genesis 27:28 49:25 Deuteronomy 33:13-16 Hosea 2:8, and most powerful (Numbers 24:8-7 Micah 5:7-9) nations on earth and to control major international strategic bases (Genesis 22:16-17 24:60). All of these points together with numerous others show that descendants of the Lost Ten Tribes can only be found amongst Western Nations especially the English-speaking ones. The correctness of our interpretation of the relevant verses, and your destiny, may depend upon this information. You need to know!!

7TEN LOST TRIBES Empty Re: TEN LOST TRIBES Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:25 pm

Pamela

Pamela
    Admin
    Admin

If you would like to follow along with our church on the study we will soon be doing, you can order the book at this link....

If you do order it let me know...We record each session and I can type each session on the forum page here....That way you can follow along with us....We are still in the Feast and Festival teaching, but as soon as we finish this study we are moving into the study of the 10 Lost Tribes...

Let me know...

http://britam.org/the-Tribes.html

8TEN LOST TRIBES Empty Re: TEN LOST TRIBES Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:28 pm

Anonymous

Pam, just a short reply. This is not my opinion, I am still studying this. I have a friend who reads everything Yar David says. I am going to put what most Messianic I have talked to and Orthodox believe. The 10 tribes were not lost and are not lost. God knows right where they are and most Messianics disagree with Yar David completly. My verdict still out.

9TEN LOST TRIBES Empty Re: TEN LOST TRIBES Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:48 pm

Pamela

Pamela
    Admin
    Admin

Greetings Rena...Yes, God does know where they are but when I say lost I am not referring to God not knowing where they are. I am speaking in terms of "settlement" issues and who they ended being in our day and time. Where they are currently living...

Yair Davidiy has done and extensive research on the track of the 10 tribes and where they have settled. To say "most" Messianics disagree with him is a huge and vast statement to make without something to back it up. I understand that this is a hersey statement and also not your opinion, but to just throw it out there without a statement of cause doesn't give the statement much weight.

It is extememly important for one to research the books on their own and seek the Lord for proper understanding of these things...Man holds a lot of room for error....I will continue my studies....

Last edited by on Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:02 am; edited 2 times in total

10TEN LOST TRIBES Empty Re: TEN LOST TRIBES Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:00 pm

Anonymous

Pamela wrote:Greetings Rena...Yes, God does know where they are but when I say lost I am not referring to God not knowing where they are. I am speaking in terms of "settle" issues and who they ended being in our day and time. Where they are currently living...

Yair Davidiy has done and extensive research on the track of the 10 tribes and where they have settled. To say "most" Messianics disagree with him is a huge and vast statement to make with something to back it up. I understand that this is a hersey statement and also not your opinion, but to just throw it out there without a statement of cause doesn't give the statement much weight.

It is extememly important for one to research the books on their own and seek the Lord for proper understanding of these things...Man holds a lot of room for error....I will continue my studies....

Herbert W Armstrong made quite a study about it scripturally and he maintained that the key was in the blessing of Jacob (Israel) to His sons...he talked about Eprhraim and Mannesah being the nation and company of nations...which fits the USA and also the British...I was fascinated by it all...I know Armstrong is now discredited because of religious concepts he adopted...but it always stuck with me that we could be those people and not even know it...a reason we subscribe to the God of the bible and read about ancient Jewish customs and believe in them as a case in point that God adopted them as His people...and we then are His people...not saying this well but that is that...it could be that when we read scriptures of old testament prophecy concerning Israel we never see ourselves, because we are them and fail to know it...

11TEN LOST TRIBES Empty Re: TEN LOST TRIBES Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:38 pm

Anonymous

I will probably detour from the topic alittle because my mind works a bit different but just wanted to share this. I have done some study into the tribes. I have read over Davidiy's info. There are many that don't subscribe to his thoughts but he has much historical information that does measure up to recorded facts. i am not saying I am in support of his works because they are....mans works, just saying read over it all, use it as a guideline and do your own research as Pamela suggested. I know I have traced all my family tree and have found many very interesting things especially concerning Jewish heritage that is covered in families. Alot of this happened during the spanish inquisitions. It was no fluke that this country was founded by Bible believing spiritual believers. God had a plan as we all know. Just speaking specifically about the US but I think if you do the research you will be surprised at the "jewish heritage" (using this phrase to represent the tribes of Israel) you will find in many historical people and their descendents of this country. Interesting study Pamela.

12TEN LOST TRIBES Empty Re: TEN LOST TRIBES Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:17 am

Anonymous

Pamela I too have done some research myself... and I have been coming to the some of the same conclusions that you are. It is good to know that others have pondered the same questions. I think that the stick that Ezekiel speaks of in chapter 37 will be uniting sooner than we might even expect. Good topic I would be interested in hearing more of your study.

Your Friend in Christ,
    Val
    Messiahiscoming

13TEN LOST TRIBES Empty Re: TEN LOST TRIBES Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:44 am

Pamela

Pamela
    Admin
    Admin

The way I am going to study this is to follow scripture....We have not began our study as of yet...We are still studing the Feast in the OT.

Though one thing I will say...On my dad's side of the family we did find out that we do have Jewish roots as well....

This is a pretty large study...We just recieved the material for it, they came straight out of Israel...When we begin I will post each week what we studied that week. I don't know how long it will be before we start..

14TEN LOST TRIBES Empty Re: TEN LOST TRIBES Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:01 am

Pamela

Pamela
    Admin
    Admin

I came back to post this message...

I want everyone to know that there will probably be differing view points on this issue. That is okay. This study when brought is based on where the people of the 10 tribes ended up settling and who they became only...

I, myself am taking this on in the attitude of "follow the bread crumbs and see where they lead." Those bread crumbs for me concerning this matter is the Word of God....

Why I am interested in knowing this, only the Lord knows. The Lord has drawn my attention to the Old Testament now for a few years....Every since His guidance on the study of the Bride.

I don't know, right now, if it is all important to know who we are in the US...All I know is I want to know....

When I begin to post and it's backed with scripture I ask the reader to weigh it out and bring it before the Lord. Let the Lord reveal the truth to you. I can only bring what the Lord shows me in this study..

So, for me right now this topic is on the side table until I begin it...It could be another 6 months before we even begin...I am fasniated by this study and I feel the Lord drawing me into it...

15TEN LOST TRIBES Empty Re: TEN LOST TRIBES Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:57 am

Anonymous

ok, we can postpone this subject for a little while. It is a facinating study...we need to really be prepared to focus on the subject materials.

16TEN LOST TRIBES Empty Re: TEN LOST TRIBES Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:56 pm

Anonymous

Pamela hold this post until your study it...Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]