The Grace Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Grace Place is a forum that shares the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you are not saved but would like to know more, please contact one of the moderators for assistance.

AWTJ BOOKS IS A PLACE WHERE INDIE AUTHORS CAN GATHER TO DISCUSS, ADVERTISE, AND PROMOTE THEIR WORK FOR FREE. EVEN IF YOU HAVEN'T WRITTEN A BOOK, YOU ARE FREE TO JOIN TOO. FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS AN AUTHOR'S WORK, OR GIVE A REVIEW! WE DO NOT ALLOW EXPLICIT CONTENT OR WITCHCRAFT BOOKS.
Similar topics

You are not connected. Please login or register

Divine Order Truths

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Divine Order Truths Empty Divine Order Truths Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:37 pm

Pamela

Pamela
Admin
Admin

There is a great desire over the land now to find the source of a thing Scientists delve into the atom. "He made known His ways unto Moses, His acts unto the children of Israel (Ps.103:7). Moses prayed, ...."show me now Thy way (lit ways) that I may know Thee, that I may find grace...." (Ex.33:13). To show him His ways He gave him the pattern of His sanctuary. His "ways" are like tributaries that lead into knowing Him who is the Way.

Paul tell us repeatedly that the tabernacle reveals New Testament lessons--"See....that thou make all things according to the pattern showed thee on the mount" (Heb.8:5). Let us notice this pattern. Timothy was told to "Hold fast the form (lit-outline, pattern) of sound words" (2 Tim.1:13). Here we can only observe a limited portion. Yet we see enough to see a pattern in it, and each of these will show the different phases or facets to God's Divine Order.

A. The Brass Altar B.The Brass Laver C. The Tabernacle Building D. The Table of Showbread E.The Candlestick F. The Incense Altar G. The Ark of the Covenant

How do these show God's Divine Order?

1. The BRASS ALTAR shows divine order for individual discipline (Ex.27). Individually we need to discipline ourselves into His will. How?

A. The onlooker would see the altar was in the heart of the blood bath. For the sinner offered the sacrifice at the gate, the blood was sprinkled around the altar, making the "arms" to the cross-and not until the priest washed himself at the laver close to the tabernacle door, were the blood marks washed from his feet (Lev.1:3). The altar speaks of Calvary. The individual comes to the heart of God when he comes to Calvary.

B. Without a sacrifice the sinner could not come. Neither can we come into God's presence without Christ as our Substitute.

C. The brass altar consisted of two things. The grating was the base, and the altar, made of hard desert wood over-laid with brass, was around it. Yes, the grating pictures the Cross of Calvary, for it held Christ, the true sacrifice. In His humanity He is pictured by the desert wood, for He was "as a root out of dry ground" and He bore our judgment, brass typifying the judgment. The grating, which also held the sacrifice, came halfway up the altar, which made the sacrifice upon the grating, literally "in the altar." Yes, when God sees us in the sacrifice, He see's us "in Christ." As for our standing, we are equal to Christ (just as righteous as He is) when He sees us in the sacrifice offered. For this grating was equal in height to the mercy seat, a type of Christ now in heaven (Ex.25:10, 27:5; Rom.3:25), as "propitiation" literally means "mercy seat."

D. A daily sacrifice was offered. We are to present our bodies as a living sacrifice (Rom.12:1).

E. The fire never was to go out, nor should we quench the Holy Ghost (Lev. 6:13; 1 Thes.5:18-20). Murmuring and lack of praise will quench the Spirit.

F. No blemished offering was accepted. Our prayers (1 Peter 3:7), ourselves, our ministry must be free from ill will, self-interest, or any defiling thing as God allows His fire to fall upon it, accepting it.

G. There were ash pans to carry the ashes out to a clean place -- this must be done before the journey. We cannot live on past conscerations.

H. There were other instruments of the altar -- God has instruments of the cross, some are judgments of the cross, some are judgments that help to keep us disciplined.

I. The altar was foursquare -- Calvary speaks of the fullness of God's love. His full surrender for us should also mean our full surrender for Him, or else where is His Lordship?

J. The altar with its instruments was to be covered and borne on the shoulders of the priests in the journey. "Come take up the cross and follow me" (Mk.10:21). We're not to broadcast our cross, but keep it as unto the Lord, so that His glory alone can be seen.

2. The BRASS LAVER shows divine order for the priest's walk and service. We are the priests now (Ex.30:18; Rev.1:6;1Pet.2:15).

A. The brass laver was made from the looking glasses of the women (Eph.5:26; Ex.38:8; Js.1:23). The Word is our looking glass, and the whole body is to provide us with it, that we may see ourselves and wash our walk and service ( the laver was for feet and hands). "Be ye clean that bear the vessel of the Lord" (Is.52:11).

B. It was death to minister before washing. We minister death if we aren't clean before God (Ex.30:20).

C. Brass speaks of judgment. The brass laver shows that sometimes the Word that we are waiting to be fulfilled in us, we try our walk until it is fulfilled. We see this in the life of Joseph (Ps.105:19).

3. The TABERNACLE shows four point of divine order for building.

A. Doing the right thing -- it was the sanctuary.

B. At the right time -- in Israel's case starting a new nation, in the fulfillment of the time.

C. In the right way -- by obeying God's will in explicit details.

D. With the right help -- Bezaleel with his helper, Aholiah (type of Christ and the Helper, the Spirit) supervised the "body ministry," for all Israel could help.

These principles are like four legs to a table so if any one is lacking, makes for unbalanced and consequently unrest. In other words, you don't expect a vase to rest safely on a table whose legs are unequal on one side. Balance makes for rest.

Really, these break down into two, the Spirit and the Truth. For if you are ministering God's Word, His truth, you are doing the right thing. If you are obeying it, you are going about it the right way. And if you are allowing the Spirit to lead you, He will make you sensitive to the right time and through it may take some Spirit empowered intercession first, eventually He will raise up the right help.

Paul, the "wise master builder," shows these four working principles as divine "guidelines" for him. After saying that we are not ignorant of his "devices (literally very well thought up plans)," as a wise master builder he immediately illustrates it (2 Cor. 2:11-13). For "leg" no. 1 is seen in that he was doing the right thing, "furthermore, when I came to Troas to preach Christ's gospel." The "leg" no. 2 was set in ..."and a door was opened unto me of the Lord, " so it was God's time. And we know that "leg" no. 3 was set in, for the background for all this is Acts 16 where we see Paul is doing it in obedience to God's will in the right way. But "leg" no.4 the right help, was missing. "I had no rest in my spirit because I found not Titus my brother: but taking my leave of them, I went thence into Macedonia," where God built up a fine work in Philippi where he had each of these four points. He knew better though than be trapped by satan to build just a three legged table that could, to God's discredit, be knocked down and thereby lose it's contents resting on it. Titus came to him in Macedonia. (2Cor. 7:5,6).

Also, in Rom 15 & 16 we see these basic points for building He was doing the right thing when he said, "I have fully preached the gospel of Christ, " with signs and wonders (Rom15:19).

He was moving "at the right time" when he said, "But now I go unto Jerusalem.....When therefore I have performed this, and have sealed to them this fruit, I will come by you into Spain." (Rom.15:25, 28). And several verses show that he was doing it in the right way by not building on another man's foundation (v20), and by coming "In the fullness of the blessing by the gospel of Christ" (v29), and by soliciting their intercession (v30), and by coming unto them....with joy by the will of God..."(v32). The fact that "leg no.4 the right help, was already waiting for him there at Rome is seen in all the wonderful helpers mentioned in chapter 16 immediately following.

Perhaps if any of these three "legs" need clarity it would be the third, that of doing it in the right way. The others are almost self-explanatory. This table leg itself automatically breaks down into four parts of its own. For notice the four verses just used for it, "...Lest I should build upon another man's foundation." He was determined in doing it the right way, that right relationships be maintained. A builder can get a house half way built and if there are wrong relationships with either the one he is building for or those he is building it with, it will be stalemated.

Next comes an exhortation for them to "...strive together with me in your prayers to God for me" right covenant rights as we claim the promises. For the builder can have the building half way built and some one come by and claim that the title is false and belongs to them instead.

Lastly, in the right way since he was coming to them "....with joy by the will of God..." that he may with them "....be refreshed", this meant that as a builder may not have enough skill to build in the right way and miss out on the right results.

The nine fruits are that we may have right relationships. The nine gifts of the Spirit are that we may have the right resources. The nine beatitudes are that we may lay claim to the right covenant rights. The nine-point "great commission" obeyed will give us divine skills as to come up with the right results. The nine-points to this incidentally are (Matt.28:19,20) "Go ye....make disciples of all nations...teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always...." And the five signs of Mk.16:17, 18 complete the great commission. "And they went forth and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the Word with signs following" -right results automatically followed.

The tabernacle was the right thing-God's sanctuary. It came at the right time, when they were separated unto God. it was built in the right way, "as God commanded Moses," and with the right help.

Whereas the above show the principles of divine order for building, 1 Cor. 12:38 shows the pattern how progressively it was carried out. For since the foundation is set first, we see listed the foundation layers first, apostles and prophets. Then, before building is itself started someone must come around with the measuring rod in his hand to confirm exactly where each new stone is to sit. Therefore the teacher's third. Next the walls come up, this is N.T. evangelism which calls for miracles and gifts of healing. Then you have the heavy undergirders, beams and supporters, picturing, "helps and governments." Then it must be polished up for dwelling, yes, since the gifts of the Spirit are for "edification" literally "for building up," we need them and since "tongues" is the "trigger" into these, we have listed lastly (not necessarily last importance however) the tongues. Ephesus' church exemplifies this pattern.

The church is like a beehive which has normal, progressive courses too. But the same God who, under abnormal conditions, gives the hive a special functional grace to continue, when this order has been tampered with, also does the same for his local churches. In other words, to illustrate this, just because the church hasn't doesn't mean that God can't by giving it special grace refashion and remold the church even yet to become one after His own kind. However, such a group like the potter's marred vessel being remolded on the wheel, must have special submission to the five fingered hand (Eph.4:11) of the Master.

4. Coming in from the east into the front room of the tabernacle we find that The Table of Shewbread shows divine order doctrine (Ex.25:23, Lev.24:5-9). The bread was:

A. Unleavened--so must our doctrine be.

B. In twelve cakes (not eleven) -- "Man shall live....by every word" (Matt.4:4).

C. Set in order -- "rightly dividing...."(2tim. 2:15).

D. Placed on a table of four legs-- the table speaks of Christ, for it is through Him we have the Word to feast on, and four Gospel writers uphold Christ.

E. Was enclosed on this table by two golden crowns -- any doctrine not in bounds to the Spirit and the Word is unlawful.

F. Anointed with frankinsense -- worship or praise keeps it from getting dry.

G. Called literally "presence bread" -- when the truth is digested it makes Christ part of us.

H. Placed on hot -- the scriptures were given by "inspiration" and they still need to be given out that way (2 Tim. 3:16).

I. Was illuminated by the candlestick light -- we need anointed ministry in interpreting the scriptures.

J. Was eaten on the Sabbath -- Sabbath means "rest" and just as Christ fed the five thousand when they sat on the green grass, so we still must be at rest to digest His Words.

5. The Golden Candlestick shows divine order for church government (ex.25:31-40). Actually the church government has been left in the hands of the Holy Spirit whom the candlestick of pure gold represents. Christ said, "I am the vine, ye are the branches," and the central shaft from which all the branches originate speaks of the Spirit's works in carrying out the headship of Christ (jn.14:18). The seven lamps speak of the seven spirits or the seven expressions of the one Spirit (Is. 11:2) which reflect Christ. Romans 12:6-8 gives a representative list of seven ministries which each church needs.

A. Dimensions aren't given, although one talent of gold was it's weight. Yes "one" speaks of God, and He will be just as big in the local church as we allow Him to be.

B. The candlestick had sixty parts making the whole (including the oil, snuff dishes, snuffers, tongs and oil dishes). Also there was it's bas, bowls (22), flowers (9), and branches (7, including the shaft). Scripturally ---"sixty" speaks of righteousness in action and is carried out by His grace. Sixty is a result of five times twelve, five being the number of grace and twelve of government.

C. The bowls (22) were "likely unto almonds." Since almonds were the first trees to blossom, and that in the winter, we see why the Hebrews word "almonds" means "watch, alert." Their blossoms are pure and white. The bowls picture fullness, and since there were twenty-two of them, we're not surprised to fine twenty-two things in the New Testament of which we're shown that we can be full.

D. The nine "knops" would represent the gifts of the Spirit (1 Cor. 12:8-10). A knop is an ornamental upper column supporter and the fits are to establish us in the heavenly realm. (Rom.1:11). The Hebrew word means "ornaments" and the gifts are to adorn the bride. (Gen.24:53, 1 Cor. 1:7).

E. The nine "flowers", which speak of the savor of Christ, would show the importance of the nine fruit in church government. It is interesting that following the fruit recorded in Galatians 5:22-23 the context shows how to cultiviate each fruit. For example, Galatians 6:2 shows how to cultivated love (see article Hidden Manna 5 called "Fruitfulness" to find how to cultivate the whole fruit).

F. Although so carried in parts, still all was one piece of gold. Yes, we break church government order if we each try to build a kingdom for our own selves, for "our" ministry is not ours, but His; and we are one with the whole and with Christ.

G. The gold was "beaten work." This speaks of proven ministry which is necessary before the church should officially recognize it. Notice there is no wood or human element in it.

H. The lamps burned only at night (Ex.27:20-21; 30:7-8). When the millennial dawn comes we will need no lamps in heaven. They needed fresh oil continually. After saying "ye are light in the Lord" Paul admonishes us, "Be ye being filled with the Spirit" (Eph.5:18 lit). The early church practiced daily prayer hours.

I. The candlestick had sniffers (ex.37:23) to trim the wicks and snuff dishes to keep the trimmings. This suggests that in the true ministries' tests, God is faithful to keep them, even as our tears are bottled in heaven (Ps.56:8). Also the trimmings can show the importance of church discipline.

J. There were golden tongs (Ex.25:38). If any of the trimmings fell to the ground, fleshly hands were not capable of picking them up. By attempting to handle a saint during testing or discipline, with other than the golden tongs of God's love, one breaks divine order.

K. There were oil vessels (Num.4:9). There is a need for prayer meetings and praise time to draw forth God's reservoir, so that we may become "stored up" with the anointing. Without these "oil vessels," the lamps soon stop shining.

L. On Israel's journeys, the candlestick and utensils were covered with a cloth of blue, placed then in a badger skin covering, put on a bar (stave) and carried on the shoulders of the Kohathites. The world only sees the external badger skin, nothing of beauty in us, but oh, what riches are within ( 2 Cor.4:7;Is. 53:2 - the true church often lacks in outward beauty). But "the government shall be upon his shoulder" (Is.9:6), and by the rod of the Spirit it is borne along.

6. The Incense Altar shows divine order for worship (Ex.30:1-20, 34-38).

A. The altar was the hand , never rotting desert wood over-laid with pure gold, upon which was placed the incenses. Yes, Christ, who was both Son of Man and Son of God, is the basis for all of our worship.

B. The altar, like the rest of the tabernacle was annually sprinkled by blood -- only through the blood is the way made into God's presence.

C. This was the closest piece of furniture to the Holy of Holies not be directly in it ( and although not in it, in one sense it belonged there, Hebrews 9:4 "censer" means "altar"). This shows the Christ centeredness of worship, for it was before the ark, the veil being between.

D. The dry incenses power, when in contact with the fresh coals of fire from off the altar, filled the whole house with its cloud. Yes, "they that worship the Father must worship Him in spirit and in truth" (Jn. 4:24), and the whole atmosphere is charged with this worship sparked off by the Spirit.

E. When Aaron lit the lamps at evening or trimmed them at morning, then the incense was to ascend. When we start any witness for Christ, or are being trimmed by any test, we need to spend much time in worship. (Acts 12:5)

F. No strange fire was to be set on the altar. No "soulish" worship can substitute for the divine connection with God that worship "in the spirit" gives us. Neither can any misdirected zeal or wild fire of strange spirits share in this worship without ministering death to the worshipper (Lev.10:1).

G. This altar, like the other one, had four horns -- yes, true worship has power in it (horns denote power).

Let us remember that although the tabernacle comparison is to help us locate and define divine order, still the whole Bible is full of this teaching. For example, Dt.16:21 tells Israel that they are not to do as the heathens, and have extra "drawing cards" such as "groves" (decorated trees to attract worshippers to their worship). God's wrath fell on Israel's kings more for this than almost anything else. No, there should be no special entertainment or personalities advertised as "drawing cards" to true worship, for then the congregation wouldn't be worshipping God with pure motives.

7. The Ark shows divine order for glory (Ex. 25:10-22; Lev.16:2). First let us look at glory. His glory is so great that it takes a fourfold kingdom to reveal it. From creation to Sinai (The Patriarchal era) that kingdom showed the glory of His Name -- a glory of fame. From Sinai to the cross show the glory of the Word -- a glory of fruitfulness (for the Word is "seed" and brings forth fruit). From Calvary through this grace age show the glory of His life -- a glory of favor. From the visible coming of Christ through the millennium will be the glory of His presence -- a glory of fellowship.

A. With the above in mind, we see how that the ark shows His glory. Actually the ark itself shows forth the glory of His name, ( 1 Chr. 13:3-6). Its first two contents, the commandments and book of the law, picture the glory of His Word. The pot of manna and Aaron's rod that budded and brought forth fruit, along with the blood sprinkled mercy seat, picture the glory of His life (and His life laid down for us). While the pillar of the cloud, wherein the Lord dwelt between the cherubim, show the glory of His presence. What glory He has for us!

B. The ark, a picture of Christ (Col.2:3; Rom.3:25, "propitiation" is literally "mercy seat"), was the central thing in the camp, and the guide in the journey. God's glory comes when we give Him all the glory by letting Him be our center and guide.

C. The ark alone was in the holy of holies. God guards His glory jealously. "My glory I will not give to another" (Is. 42:8).

D. The ark's two staves to be borne by the Kohathites, were never to be taken out (Christ is ever ready to move with His people). This speaks of two things that cannot be separated from God's glory--the Spirit and Truth. These must be borne by anointed priests. There are anointed principles that must be set into an individual, or assembly if that one is to bear the glory. Bearing the Spirit side, as it were, must be the brothers Consecration and Manifestation (or the fruit of the Spirit and the gifts of the Spirit). Bearing the truth staves must be brothers Know the Word and Do the Word. For Paul says "If a man strives for masteries, yet he is not crowned, except he strive lawfully" (2 Tim. 2:5). This balance is necessary for God's glory, as says the scripture (2 Thes.2:13-14). The Corinthian church had Brother Manifestation but lacked Brother Consecration, so Paul put 1 Corinthians 12 in between chapters 12 and 14.

Honey is a picture of God's glory. Not only is it sweet, but it is full of vitamins and enzymes. It consists of two ingredients--nectar, like the Spirit, and the poison of th sting, like the letter of the Word that kills. Commercialized honey has been subjected to 120+ degrees of heat. Although bought on the market for honey, looking and tasting like honey, it has lost the vitamins of honey, and the enzymes have been "killed." Beloved reader, God's divine order for His glory is not to get it commercialized under the high pressure of religious racketeers, but to get it straight from the Bee Man (Christ.)!

http://awtj.webs.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]