The Grace Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Grace Place is a forum that shares the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you are not saved but would like to know more, please contact one of the moderators for assistance.

AWTJ BOOKS IS A PLACE WHERE INDIE AUTHORS CAN GATHER TO DISCUSS, ADVERTISE, AND PROMOTE THEIR WORK FOR FREE. EVEN IF YOU HAVEN'T WRITTEN A BOOK, YOU ARE FREE TO JOIN TOO. FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS AN AUTHOR'S WORK, OR GIVE A REVIEW! WE DO NOT ALLOW EXPLICIT CONTENT OR WITCHCRAFT BOOKS.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cross To Bear...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cross To Bear... Empty Cross To Bear... Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:23 pm

Anonymous

Luk 14:27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.

So, exactly what does it mean to bear the cross? It is a discipleship issue, for there is a difference between believer's and disciples...even devils believe...

2Cross To Bear... Empty Re: Cross To Bear... Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:26 pm

Anonymous

okay, reading this passage earlier it had struck me; Christ said "his cross" as in "my cross" or "your cross," as in to each their own cross.

His message makes it very personal, because I wonder with equal bewilderment: What is MY cross?

Again I think it's just believing in Christ, but Luke 14:27 suggests it's very personal

...as a side note I hope to believe differently from the way the devil believes

Last edited by on Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:06 am; edited 2 times in total

3Cross To Bear... Empty Re: Cross To Bear... Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:50 pm

Anonymous

What is faith without works?

Is this spiritual fruits, an sign of growth?

Hardy

4Cross To Bear... Empty Re: Cross To Bear... Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:11 am

Anonymous

Hardy wrote:What is faith without works?

Is this spiritual fruits, an sign of growth?

Hardy

To further "complicate things, there are also "dead works..."

Heb 6:1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

Jam 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

One must be edified and balanced in all of this...dead works are the works we did before salvation. That is why they were repented of. But the new creature does works which "shore up" the belief system we have encompassed...if you believe God you will do things to testify of that belief. So then, God stretches that faith and we continually encounter situations which bring us further out on a limb...As He once told me, "You will learn to trust me with your very life as you have never trusted before." Around that time I was also driving a truck in the Rocky Mountains. The word came, coincidently enough...."The mountains you now drive through are by no means figurative. Neither are those mountains that you shall climb for me."

I am getting there...

5Cross To Bear... Empty Re: Cross To Bear... Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:00 am

Anonymous

...I still say "dead faith doesn't works" has more meaning to me, because I don't know what works.

I've learned to just accept things as they are and just trust the Lord despite the fear of the frying pan in one hand and the fire in the other...the feeling gets old like "It's ground hog day, every day"

6Cross To Bear... Empty Re: Cross To Bear... Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:04 am

Anonymous

There is a real faith and there is a dead faith...let us believe and do...for faith without works (which testify of one's salvation) is dead...

Hey! That's weird. I didn't post that confused

7Cross To Bear... Empty Re: Cross To Bear... Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:41 am

Pamela

Pamela
Admin
Admin

That is strange HB...It doesn't show anyone posted in...I will check the settings and get back to you on edits...

http://awtj.webs.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum