The Grace Place is a forum that shares the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you are not saved but would like to know more, please contact one of the moderators for assistance.

AWTJ BOOKS IS A PLACE WHERE INDIE AUTHORS CAN GATHER TO DISCUSS, ADVERTISE, AND PROMOTE THEIR WORK FOR FREE. EVEN IF YOU HAVEN'T WRITTEN A BOOK, YOU ARE FREE TO JOIN TOO. FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS AN AUTHOR'S WORK, OR GIVE A REVIEW! WE DO NOT ALLOW EXPLICIT CONTENT OR WITCHCRAFT BOOKS.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Burnt Offerings

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1default Burnt Offerings on Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:26 am

In the Old Testament, the Hebrew people would offer burnt sacrifices of certain animals to the Lord, and the burning scent of these animals pleased the Lord. Particularly, the burning of the fat.

...why do you suppose that (burning of the fat) was (pleasing to God)?

2default Re: Burnt Offerings on Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:56 am

Bob wrote:In the Old Testament, the Hebrew people would offer burnt sacrifices of certain animals to the Lord, and the burning scent of these animals pleased the Lord. Particularly, the burning of the fat.

Further, I have long wondered why God was so willing to see thousands of people die in apparent support of furthering His cause in the earth...I suspect it was because there had yet been no substitute offered...

Hey trim the fat!

3default Re: Burnt Offerings on Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:41 am

fervent wrote:
Bob wrote:In the Old Testament, the Hebrew people would offer burnt sacrifices of certain animals to the Lord, and the burning scent of these animals pleased the Lord. Particularly, the burning of the fat.

Further, I have long wondered why God was so willing to see thousands of people die in apparent support of furthering His cause in the earth...I suspect it was because there had yet been no substitute offered...

Hey trim the fat!

That's another question all together. My belief it's a test to still have faith that God is still good no matter what.

But back to the fat, does anyone really have a clue? scratch

4default Re: Burnt Offerings on Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:06 am

Fat is like the sin we carry...

5default Re: Burnt Offerings on Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:58 am

so the burning of sins is pleasing to God.

Very good, Susan cheers

I write to anyone who reads this, a person who truely owns his or her property can do anything with it, and there is nothing that anyone else can do with it.

And I mean anything, even with what is impossible to others.

Does anyone remember the story of Elijah? The one about the contest where he went up against the 450 prophets of baal?

It's in 1 Kings 18...

6default Re: Burnt Offerings on Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:05 pm

Is there significance to anyone that Elijah had the wood of the burnt offering soaked not once, twice but three times with water and it still burned in God's fire?

...just asking Smile

7default Re: Burnt Offerings on Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:39 pm

Pamela

Admin
Admin
To show the power of the LORD God....This is what I've believed...

http://awtj.webs.com

8default Re: Burnt Offerings on Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:48 pm

Bob wrote:Is there significance to anyone that Elijah had the wood of the burnt offering soaked not once, twice but three times with water and it still burned in God's fire?

...just asking Smile
The number three is divine nature...

9default Re: Burnt Offerings on Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:27 pm

Yeay! Pamela, your answer is closer to what I had in mind. Susan, I dunno, but I guess three can symbolize divinity scratch

I believe what happened with Elijah's burnt offering illustrates the following verse:

Matthew 19:26
But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Now, it was said in this thread that the fat is like sin and the fat buring is like sin that burns and it is pleasing to God, right?

Well then, who amongst sinners is like the soaking wood and who is like the dry wood?

10default Re: Burnt Offerings on Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:22 pm

Pamela

Admin
Admin
I would venture to say that:

The soaking wood are those who are overcomers and following in the ways of the LORD...

THe dry wood would be those who are thirsty and needing HIS refreshing water to wash over them so they can be soaked in HIS presence...

11default Re: Burnt Offerings on Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:21 pm

...okay...

This is good, because I will believe the Lord will guide this discussion Smile

But allow me to ask this and tell me if your answer changes, and please, anyone please post if the Spirit inspires you to do so.

Which is it that shall easily burn, the wet wood or the dry wood?

12default Re: Burnt Offerings on Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:29 am

Pamela

Admin
Admin
The wet wood, because it is already saturated with HIM!

13default Re: Burnt Offerings on Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:12 am

Bob wrote:...okay...

This is good, because I will believe the Lord will guide this discussion Smile

But allow me to ask this and tell me if your answer changes, and please, anyone please post if the Spirit inspires you to do so.

Which is it that shall easily burn, the wet wood or the dry wood?
With God he makes wet wood burn hardest and hottest...if it proves "Him" to unbelievers...

1Ki 18:35 And the water ran round about the altar; and he filled the trench also with water. 1Ki 18:36 And it came to pass at [the time of] the offering of the [evening] sacrifice, that Elijah the prophet came near, and said, LORD God of Abraham, Isaac, and of Israel, let it be known this day that thou [art] God in Israel, and [that] I [am] thy servant, and [that] I have done all these things at thy word. 1Ki 18:37 Hear me, O LORD, hear me, that this people may know that thou [art] the LORD God, and [that] thou hast turned their heart back again. 1Ki 18:38 Then the fire of the LORD fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that [was] in the trench. 1Ki 18:39 And when all the people saw [it], they fell on their faces: and they said, The LORD, he [is] the God; the LORD, he [is] the God.

14default Re: Burnt Offerings on Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:06 am

Pamela wrote:The wet wood, because it is already saturated with HIM!

I like your thinking Pamela, because it is spirited in a way to please the Lord.

With God he makes wet wood burn hardest and hottest...if it proves "Him" to unbelievers...

However, Fervent's reply is the one the strikes an accord in me.

The wet wood burns the hardest and hotest, yes. For, what man cannot do even with dry wood the Lord can do the same with the wettest wood.

And both were pyres to burn away the fat, that pleases the Lord for it is like sin burning away.

The dry wood is readied like tinder, easy to ignite willing to burn.

The wet wood is stubborn, resistant to fire, unyielding

yet both shall burn for the fat...

see the meaning?

The dry wood represents the repentant heart, while the wet wood represents the unrepented heart. Both will burn, tried by fire, to have the fat burn away.

Now, then Matthew 19 is revisted.

Matthew 19:23-26
23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Who shall be saved? With men it is impossible to do even that with dry wood, but with God all things are possible, even for the wet wood.

So the many that are "rich" in the here and now, will not enter heaven...(as the rich).

Pray and think about it. In Jesus name, Amen.

Love Bob

15default Re: Burnt Offerings on Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:03 am

Very good lesson, Bob...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum