The Grace Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Grace Place is a forum that shares the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you are not saved but would like to know more, please contact one of the moderators for assistance.

AWTJ BOOKS IS A PLACE WHERE INDIE AUTHORS CAN GATHER TO DISCUSS, ADVERTISE, AND PROMOTE THEIR WORK FOR FREE. EVEN IF YOU HAVEN'T WRITTEN A BOOK, YOU ARE FREE TO JOIN TOO. FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS AN AUTHOR'S WORK, OR GIVE A REVIEW! WE DO NOT ALLOW EXPLICIT CONTENT OR WITCHCRAFT BOOKS.
Similar topics

You are not connected. Please login or register

The 7 C's of the Holy Spirit

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The 7 C's of the Holy Spirit Empty The 7 C's of the Holy Spirit Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:37 pm

Pamela

Pamela
Admin
Admin

1. Co-habiting Comforter
John 14:16-17 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

2. Consolation
John 14:18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.
Acts 10: 19-20 19 While Peter was still thinking about the vision, the Spirit said to him, "Simon, three men are looking for you. 20 So get up and go downstairs. Do not hesitate to go with them, for I have sent them."

3.Consciousness
John 14:19-21 19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 21Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."

4. Counsel
John 14:26 26 But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

5. Confirmation
John 15:26
26"When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me.
(When a spirit comes in and puts emphasis on something other than Jesus, it's not the Spirit of Truth.)

6. Conviction
John 16: 8-11 8 When he comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment: 9 in regard to sin, because men do not believe in me; 10 in regard to righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; 11 and in regard to judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.
A. Sin- The Holy Spirit will convict the person and show them their sin. It is up to the person to acknowledge their sin and repent from it.
B. Righteousness- Right standing before the Lord and having right relationships.
C. Judgement- Is in order for those who are not in right standing plus the prince of this world is already judged.

7. Continuation of Christ in 4 different ways
John 16: 13-15 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14 He will bring glory to me by taking from what is mine and making it known to you. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will take from what is mine and make it known to you.

A. Christ Ministry: "He will guide you."

B. The Message: "Into all truths."

C. Christ the man "life" : "He will not speak of Himself."

D. Marvels: "He will show you things to come."

http://awtj.webs.com

2The 7 C's of the Holy Spirit Empty Re: The 7 C's of the Holy Spirit Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:30 am

Anonymous

Well said...AMEN!

3The 7 C's of the Holy Spirit Empty Re: The 7 C's of the Holy Spirit Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:39 am

Anonymous

Good post.

Hardy

4The 7 C's of the Holy Spirit Empty Re: The 7 C's of the Holy Spirit Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:28 am

Pamela

Pamela
Admin
Admin

Thanks guys...This is one of the studies we did awhile back...

It helps those who are new to Christ understand just who it is that Christ sends to be our Helper, the Holy Spirit...

http://awtj.webs.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum