The Grace Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Grace Place is a forum that shares the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you are not saved but would like to know more, please contact one of the moderators for assistance.

AWTJ BOOKS IS A PLACE WHERE INDIE AUTHORS CAN GATHER TO DISCUSS, ADVERTISE, AND PROMOTE THEIR WORK FOR FREE. EVEN IF YOU HAVEN'T WRITTEN A BOOK, YOU ARE FREE TO JOIN TOO. FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS AN AUTHOR'S WORK, OR GIVE A REVIEW! WE DO NOT ALLOW EXPLICIT CONTENT OR WITCHCRAFT BOOKS.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another parable put he forth unto them

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Another parable put he forth unto them Empty Another parable put he forth unto them Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:30 am

Anonymous

Mat 13:24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: Mat 13:25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. Mat 13:26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. Mat 13:27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? Mat 13:28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? Mat 13:29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. Mat 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

I have always pondered this passage...I suppose great sermons have been preached around it...The seed which was sowed was "good seed." But an enemy came and sowed weeds in the field. He went his way...indicating the devil can sow seeds and does not have to pay a lot of attention to how they grow...he knows they will predominate...I have always wondered why the tares could not be irradicated early on...yet at the harvest they are the first to be gathered....and burned...I ponder the spiritual lesson(s) herein...it does explain to the spiritual ears at least, that it is the known will of God for the tares to prosper in a wheat field of humanity...until the end...but I have never understood why they have to grow together.." lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them." The roots of our existence are so intertwined with tares that we can be destroyed if they are destroyed...does this speak of the common ground of a humanity in which we share? The good seed began to bear fruit then the tares become evident as well...Mat 13:26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also

1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor dulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 1Co 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 1Co 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Can tares be turned to wheat? The theory I understand would say "NO!" because seeds come up after their own kind....

I have to notice also that at Sodom, Lot and his family (Lot was righteous 2 Pet 2:8 ) His wife and relatives were under his blessing irregardless of how they personally felt...except the indications of the wife "looking back" (indicating a longing for the old sinful nature and place) destroyed her...even as the wheat and tares were separated at that moment of time and the tares were burned...

I found this verse while looking for scriptural support that Lot was righteous...I think that was God...

Psa 125:3 For the rod of the wicked shall not rest upon the lot of the righteous; lest the righteous put forth their hands unto iniquity.

But then this...

2Pe 2:9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

This seeming conflict of interest must be centred in our own will...to do good or evil...I learned this lesson from my dog...He wants to please me but he screws up a lot...as with me and my dog, so with me and God...My dog deposits "tares" on my rug every now and then although he has been trained to go to a proper area for that thing...I deposit my own tares in God's field also...and I have an inkling that I am dumping illicitly when I do it but I still do it...there has to be hope for man...Yet I still love my dog and by direct inference God still loves me...

Pamela

Pamela
Admin
Admin

Iron sharping iron...

3 together is less likely to fall, while 1 is left valnerable....

http://awtj.webs.com

3Another parable put he forth unto them Empty Re: Another parable put he forth unto them Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:13 pm

Anonymous

According to Eastman's Bible Dictionary:

Tares

The bearded darnel, mentioned only in Matthew 13:25-30. It is the Lolium temulentum, a species of rye-grass, the seeds of which are a strong soporific poison. It bears the closest resemblance to wheat till the ear appears, and only then the difference is discovered. It grows plentifully in Syria and Palestine.

So it cannot be removed until harvest, because it mimics the wheat...now that is interesting!

Matthew 13:38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one; 39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels. 40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world. 41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; 42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

So now there is understanding...tares is those who come into the churches and act like Christians, but aren't really what they seem...only when their fruit is ripened, can you tell the difference...we can see this in false teachings, false doctrines, and false pastors....

A very good lesson!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum