The Grace Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Grace Place is a forum that shares the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you are not saved but would like to know more, please contact one of the moderators for assistance.

AWTJ BOOKS IS A PLACE WHERE INDIE AUTHORS CAN GATHER TO DISCUSS, ADVERTISE, AND PROMOTE THEIR WORK FOR FREE. EVEN IF YOU HAVEN'T WRITTEN A BOOK, YOU ARE FREE TO JOIN TOO. FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS AN AUTHOR'S WORK, OR GIVE A REVIEW! WE DO NOT ALLOW EXPLICIT CONTENT OR WITCHCRAFT BOOKS.
Similar topics

You are not connected. Please login or register

Contempt

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Contempt Empty Contempt Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:08 pm

Anonymous

Contempt: According to Merriam-Webster Dictionary...

contempt

Main Entry: con·tempt
    Pronunciation: k&n-'tem(p)t
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin contemptus, from contemnere

1 a : the act of despising : the state of mind of one who despises : DISDAIN b : lack of respect or reverence for something
    2 : the state of being despised
    3 : willful disobedience to or open disrespect of a court, judge, or legislative body <contempt of court>

Esther 1:18 Likewise shall the ladies of Persia and Media say this day unto all the king's princes, which have heard of the deed of the queen. Thus shall there arise too much contempt and wrath.

Job 12:21 He poureth contempt upon princes, and weakeneth the strength of the mighty.

Job 31:34 Did I fear a great multitude, or did the contempt of families terrify me, that I kept silence, and went not out of the door?

Psalms 31:18 Let the lying lips be put to silence; which speak grievous things proudly and contemptuously against the righteous.

Psalms 107:40 He poureth contempt upon princes, and causeth them to wander in the wilderness, where there is no way.

Psalms 119:22 Remove from me reproach and contempt; for I have kept thy testimonies.

Psalms 123:3 Have mercy upon us, O LORD, have mercy upon us: for we are exceedingly filled with contempt. 4 Our soul is exceedingly filled with the scorning of those that are at ease, and with the contempt of the proud.

Proverbs 18:3 When the wicked cometh, then cometh also contempt, and with ignominy reproach.

Isaiah 23:9 The LORD of hosts hath purposed it, to stain the pride of all glory, and to bring into contempt all the honourable of the earth.

Daniel 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Malachi 1:7 Ye offer polluted bread upon mine altar; and ye say, Wherein have we polluted thee? In that ye say, The table of the LORD is contemptible.

Malachi 1:12 But ye have profaned it, in that ye say, The table of the LORD is polluted; and the fruit thereof, even his meat, is contemptible.

Malachi 2:9 Therefore have I also made you contemptible and base before all the people, according as ye have not kept my ways, but have been partial in the law.

2 Corinthians 10:10 For his letters, say they, are weighty and powerful; but his bodily presence is weak, and his speech contemptible.

2Contempt Empty Re: Contempt Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:26 am

Pamela

Pamela
    Admin
    Admin

This is an appropreiate word right now...Comtempt the nations hold...

http://awtj.webs.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]