The Grace Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Grace Place is a forum that shares the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you are not saved but would like to know more, please contact one of the moderators for assistance.

AWTJ BOOKS IS A PLACE WHERE INDIE AUTHORS CAN GATHER TO DISCUSS, ADVERTISE, AND PROMOTE THEIR WORK FOR FREE. EVEN IF YOU HAVEN'T WRITTEN A BOOK, YOU ARE FREE TO JOIN TOO. FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS AN AUTHOR'S WORK, OR GIVE A REVIEW! WE DO NOT ALLOW EXPLICIT CONTENT OR WITCHCRAFT BOOKS.
Similar topics

You are not connected. Please login or register

Biblical Names and the meaning

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Biblical Names and the meaning Empty Biblical Names and the meaning Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:31 am

Anonymous

I have been doing a study though the Bible by J. Vernon McGee...something struck me a while back regarding the names in the Bible and the meaning of the names...Here are a few that I want to share:

The meaning to Zachariah's name, His father, Berechiah and his grandfather, Iddo.

3rd Generation: Zacariah, means," Whom Jehovah Remembers"

2nd Generation: Berechiah, means,"Jehovah Blesses"

1st Generation: Iddo, means,"The appointed time"

Put it together and you get: "The appointed time, Jehovah blesses, whom Jehovah Remembers"

Nahum means "Comforter"

Habakkuk means "Loves embrace"

Malachi means "My messenger"

Has anyone done a study on this? I think this would be an awesome study!

2Biblical Names and the meaning Empty Re: Biblical Names and the meaning Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:19 pm

Anonymous

Deuteronomy means "Second Law"

Joshua means "Jehovah is Salvation"

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]