The Grace Place is a forum that shares the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you are not saved but would like to know more, please contact one of the moderators for assistance.

AWTJ BOOKS IS A PLACE WHERE INDIE AUTHORS CAN GATHER TO DISCUSS, ADVERTISE, AND PROMOTE THEIR WORK FOR FREE. EVEN IF YOU HAVEN'T WRITTEN A BOOK, YOU ARE FREE TO JOIN TOO. FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS AN AUTHOR'S WORK, OR GIVE A REVIEW! WE DO NOT ALLOW EXPLICIT CONTENT OR WITCHCRAFT BOOKS.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Bride of Christ

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1default The Bride of Christ on Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:52 am

Anyone, tell me, who or what shall be the bride of Christ?

2default Re: The Bride of Christ on Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:05 am

Pamela

Admin
Admin
This is the subject that I studied the most...I spent 2 years in this subject alone, learning and allowing the Lord to reveal things to me...I can repost all the material I was putting on CF that I had written. It is long as it was going to be a book I was writing but the Lord had other plans...

The biggest thing I have to ask first is : Do you understand the difference between Jusfication, Sanctification and Rewards?

If not I would pray you study these things so that you can gain a better understanding about who the Bride of Christ is....

Tell me what you would like for me to do...

http://awtj.webs.com

3default Re: The Bride of Christ on Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:06 am

Pamela

Admin
Admin
Oh I want to add, this is no small study...It takes you through out scripture and cannot be entered into lightly...

4default Re: The Bride of Christ on Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:43 am

The Revelation 21, may be helpful in understanding who is the Bride of Christ.

Rev 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

5default Re: The Bride of Christ on Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:57 pm

I had in mind, something more direct and simple, not so much on justification and sanctification, though I could be over simplifying things.

But, Susan, yes Revelation is where I thought to start, because as far as I can tell that is where the bride of Christ is first and directly mentioned, and as to what it is.

Revelation 21:9
And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

The bride of Christ is a City...

10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

But what does that mean that a city be the bride of Christ?

6default Re: The Bride of Christ on Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:27 pm

Pamela

Admin
Admin
Those are the most important points to understand HB...Justification and Sanctifiction...in understanding WHO she is..

So, I will sit back and let this topic go on with out imput from me....

7default Re: The Bride of Christ on Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:53 pm

Pamela wrote:Those are the most important points to understand HB...Justification and Sanctifiction...in understanding WHO she is..

oh, don't be that way, Pamela Surprised

I welcome your inputs! cheers

8default Re: The Bride of Christ on Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:29 pm

Pamela

Admin
Admin
Bob wrote:
Pamela wrote:Those are the most important points to understand HB...Justification and Sanctifiction...in understanding WHO she is..

I am not being any kind of way HB, LOL! I am honoring your request...I will read though...

9default Re: The Bride of Christ on Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:22 pm

Pamela wrote:
Bob wrote:

I am not being any kind of way HB, LOL! I am honoring your request...I will read though...

You're so funny, Pamela. I am not sure where I had made a request of you to honor. You're simply an honor by being my friend. :D

But, anyway, I am very surprised by the account in Revelation that talks about the bride of Christ in that it's a city not just any city but the new Jerusalem. I mean a bride is a person, right? So here comes this beautiful shining city FROM GOD, mind ya and it has me wondering, where's the people connection thing about a city? Can a city be a bride?

Further, the description of the bride is rigorous, almost mechanical like a blue print, square; as wide as it is long, twelve gates, the walls 144 cubits high, twelve foundations, etc...

What does it all mean? Anyone please explain

10default Re: The Bride of Christ on Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:03 pm

It has to do with Israel.

11default Re: The Bride of Christ on Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:19 pm

Pamela

Admin
Admin
Bob wrote:
Pamela wrote:
Bob wrote:

You're so funny, Pamela. I am not sure where I had made a request of you to honor. You're simply an honor by being my friend. :D

But, anyway, I am very surprised by the account in Revelation that talks about the bride of Christ in that it's a city not just any city but the new Jerusalem. I mean a bride is a person, right? So here comes this beautiful shining city FROM GOD, mind ya and it has me wondering, where's the people connection thing about a city? Can a city be a bride?

Further, the description of the bride is rigorous, almost mechanical like a blue print, square; as wide as it is long, twelve gates, the walls 144 cubits high, twelve foundations, etc...

What does it all mean? Anyone please explain
You goober, your request to keep it simple...I cannot keep it simple so therefore silent ....LOL!

Though I will say this...A spotless robe she will wear...

12default Re: The Bride of Christ on Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:38 pm

Who is called to the wedding supper in Revelation 19?

13default Re: The Bride of Christ on Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:30 pm

Susan wrote:Who is called to the wedding supper in Revelation 19?

I'll guess, the Gentiles

so is the bride Israel?

14default Re: The Bride of Christ on Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:26 pm

Bob wrote:
Susan wrote:Who is called to the wedding supper in Revelation 19?

I'll guess, the Gentiles

so is the bride Israel?
That is my understanding, Bob. I know that most scholars think the bride are the Christians....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum