The Grace Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Grace Place is a forum that shares the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you are not saved but would like to know more, please contact one of the moderators for assistance.

AWTJ BOOKS IS A PLACE WHERE INDIE AUTHORS CAN GATHER TO DISCUSS, ADVERTISE, AND PROMOTE THEIR WORK FOR FREE. EVEN IF YOU HAVEN'T WRITTEN A BOOK, YOU ARE FREE TO JOIN TOO. FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS AN AUTHOR'S WORK, OR GIVE A REVIEW! WE DO NOT ALLOW EXPLICIT CONTENT OR WITCHCRAFT BOOKS.
Similar topics

You are not connected. Please login or register

5 Greek Words

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

15 Greek Words Empty 5 Greek Words Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:13 am

Pamela

Pamela
    Admin
    Admin

I am so glad that I found this again. I had posted it on another forum but misplaced my notes...

NEPIOS---Means Babe in Christ akin to birth up to 2 years old....
    PAIDION---Toddler to teenager akin to 3 to 13 years old....
    TEKNON---Teenager akin to 13-19 years old...
    HUIOU---Mature Son's of God...
    PATER---Father

(NEPIOS)
    Hebrews 5:12-13 In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God's word all over again. You need milk. not solid food. Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant is nto acquainted with the teachings about righteousness.

A NEPIOS will operate in his own understanding, (intellectual understanding). All he knows is his own needs and the will focus only on them and himself. A NEPIOS cannot be expected to perform as a mature person though the Lord can quicken someone in the Spirit if He so chooses.
    (KEY) Once a NEPIOS reconizes that its not through his own strength THEN he begins to mature.

(PAIDION)
    Hebrews 6:1 Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go onto maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and faith in God...
    Expresses going onto the carnal mind and into the spiritual mind.
    Gal. 5:15,16: If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.
    In this stage on still lives in the flesh. In the book of Galatians Ch.5 19-21 it gives us 17 works of the flesh and in Verses 22-23 it gives us 9 works of the spirit.
    At the PAIDION stage the person still operates in the intellectual understanding, (legalism) but is capable of some spiritual understanding.
    The flesh can run rampent in this stage and it must be taught to control itself. Resisting the enemy and this is also where discpline comes in.

(TEKNON)
    Hebrews 12: 5-16, 17 And you have forgotten that word of encouragement that addresses you as sons: :My sons, do not make light of the Lord's discpline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you, because the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes everyone he accepts as sons." Endure hardships as disciplines; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father? If you are not disciplined (and everyone undergoes discipline) then you are illegitimate children and not true sons of God. Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of our spirits and live! Our fathers disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, that we may share in his holiness. No discipline seems pleasent at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees. Make level paths for your feet, so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed. Make every effort to live in peace with all men and be holy, without holiness no one will see the Lord. See to it that no one misses the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many. See that no one is sexually immoral or is godless like Esau, who for a single meal sold his inheritance rights as the oldest son. Afterwards, as you know, when he wanted to inheirt this blessing, he was rejected. He could bring about no change of mind though he sought the blessing with tears.
    During the time when the flesh expresses itself and you have still have to learn to crucify that flesh. Don't think in terms of the flesh because some things you cannot undo. As Esau, even though he cried out with tears, the act was done and could not be undone. We gain and lose in our sanctification not our justification.
    Eph. 4:14,15 Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful schemes. Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ.
    As long as a child is in an immature state they will believe every doctrine that comes along. Be established in truth.
    Eph 5:1-2 Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.
    We are to be childlike but not childish. Childlike = humbleness, receiving and teachable. Childish = Its all about me, me, me and is concerned about no one but themselves. They also think they know it all already and trend to be legalistic.

(HUIOU) Pronounced WE'OSS
    Hebrews 5:14 But solid food is for the mature, who by constantuse have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.
    Romans 8:14-15 because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not recieve a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry "Abba" Father.
    We ask the Lord what we are to do and He leads us. We have to come to a point to where we come to a place of leaning on the Lord and HIS revelation and out of our OWN understanding. The whole Bible brings us into this maturity where we able to study the more complicated things of the Word.

(PATER) pronounce "pot-T-air"
    1 Cor. 4:15 Even though you have ten thousand guardians in Christ, you do not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel.
    This is the most wonderful of the 5. This is the person who reveals the spiritual understanding, AMEN! A spiritual father is only concerned about the spiritual needs and those around them. A spirtual father is about others and not the me, me, me....For he selfless not selfish. Amen...

http://awtj.webs.com

25 Greek Words Empty Re: 5 Greek Words Thu May 29, 2008 3:53 pm

Anonymous

Pamela wrote:I am so glad that I found this again. I had posted it on another forum but misplaced my notes...

NEPIOS---Means Babe in Christ akin to birth up to 2 years old....
    PAIDION---Toddler to teenager akin to 3 to 13 years old....
    TEKNON---Teenager akin to 13-19 years old...
    HUIOU---Mature Son's of God...
    PATER---Father

(NEPIOS)
    Hebrews 5:12-13 In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God's word all over again. You need milk. not solid food. Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant is nto acquainted with the teachings about righteousness.

A NEPIOS will operate in his own understanding, (intellectual understanding). All he knows is his own needs and the will focus only on them and himself. A NEPIOS cannot be expected to perform as a mature person though the Lord can quicken someone in the Spirit if He so chooses.
    (KEY) Once a NEPIOS reconizes that its not through his own strength THEN he begins to mature.

(PAIDION)
    Hebrews 6:1 Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go onto maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and faith in God...
    Expresses going onto the carnal mind and into the spiritual mind.
    Gal. 5:15,16: If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.
    In this stage on still lives in the flesh. In the book of Galatians Ch.5 19-21 it gives us 17 works of the flesh and in Verses 22-23 it gives us 9 works of the spirit.
    At the PAIDION stage the person still operates in the intellectual understanding, (legalism) but is capable of some spiritual understanding.
    The flesh can run rampent in this stage and it must be taught to control itself. Resisting the enemy and this is also where discpline comes in.

(TEKNON)
    Hebrews 12: 5-16, 17 And you have forgotten that word of encouragement that addresses you as sons: :My sons, do not make light of the Lord's discpline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you, because the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes everyone he accepts as sons." Endure hardships as disciplines; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father? If you are not disciplined (and everyone undergoes discipline) then you are illegitimate children and not true sons of God. Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of our spirits and live! Our fathers disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, that we may share in his holiness. No discipline seems pleasent at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees. Make level paths for your feet, so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed. Make every effort to live in peace with all men and be holy, without holiness no one will see the Lord. See to it that no one misses the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many. See that no one is sexually immoral or is godless like Esau, who for a single meal sold his inheritance rights as the oldest son. Afterwards, as you know, when he wanted to inheirt this blessing, he was rejected. He could bring about no change of mind though he sought the blessing with tears.
    During the time when the flesh expresses itself and you have still have to learn to crucify that flesh. Don't think in terms of the flesh because some things you cannot undo. As Esau, even though he cried out with tears, the act was done and could not be undone. We gain and lose in our sanctification not our justification.
    Eph. 4:14,15 Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful schemes. Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ.
    As long as a child is in an immature state they will believe every doctrine that comes along. Be established in truth.
    Eph 5:1-2 Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.
    We are to be childlike but not childish. Childlike = humbleness, receiving and teachable. Childish = Its all about me, me, me and is concerned about no one but themselves. They also think they know it all already and trend to be legalistic.

(HUIOU) Pronounced WE'OSS
    Hebrews 5:14 But solid food is for the mature, who by constantuse have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.
    Romans 8:14-15 because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not recieve a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry "Abba" Father.
    We ask the Lord what we are to do and He leads us. We have to come to a point to where we come to a place of leaning on the Lord and HIS revelation and out of our OWN understanding. The whole Bible brings us into this maturity where we able to study the more complicated things of the Word.

(PATER) pronounce "pot-T-air"
    1 Cor. 4:15 Even though you have ten thousand guardians in Christ, you do not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel.
    This is the most wonderful of the 5. This is the person who reveals the spiritual understanding, AMEN! A spiritual father is only concerned about the spiritual needs and those around them. A spirtual father is about others and not the me, me, me....For he selfless not selfish. Amen...
    I really like this, may I borrow it?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]