The Grace Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Grace Place is a forum that shares the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you are not saved but would like to know more, please contact one of the moderators for assistance.

AWTJ BOOKS IS A PLACE WHERE INDIE AUTHORS CAN GATHER TO DISCUSS, ADVERTISE, AND PROMOTE THEIR WORK FOR FREE. EVEN IF YOU HAVEN'T WRITTEN A BOOK, YOU ARE FREE TO JOIN TOO. FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS AN AUTHOR'S WORK, OR GIVE A REVIEW! WE DO NOT ALLOW EXPLICIT CONTENT OR WITCHCRAFT BOOKS.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's in a Name?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What's in a Name? Empty What's in a Name? Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:03 pm

Pamela

Pamela
Admin
Admin

And you shall name Him....The angel spoke to Joesph and said do not worry you shall...Matthew1: 20-21 But as he considered this, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, "Joseph, son of David, do not fear to take Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit; she will bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins."

The Greek word used here for Jesus is based on the Hebrew yehoshua which means Yahweh saves. OH, and Praise God does He save! Amen..

The name, what is in the name? So much importance. Do you think anyone person is named by accident?

Let's look at two brothers and their names. Ephraim and Manasseh

Just truth, not my words but His Words, let the reader judge the words not the person...

Strong's Corcondance and the KJV......

Name no. 1
Mannasseh: Hebrew for H4519: מנשה

Transliteration: Mĕnashsheh

Root Word (Etymology) to forget, deprive

a) (Qal) to forget

b) (Niphal) to be forgotten

c) (Piel) to cause to forget

d) (Hiphil) to cause to forget, allow to be forgotten

Manasseh = "causing to forget"

1) the eldest son of Joseph and progenitor (1 a: an ancestor in the direct line) of the tribe of Manasseh

a) the tribe descended from Manasseh

b) the territory occupied by the tribe of Manasseh

2) son of king Hezekiah of Judah and himself king of Judah; he was the immediate and direct cause for the exile

3) a descendant of Pahath-moab who put away a foreign wife in the time of Ezra

4) a descendant of Hashum who put away a foreign wife in the time of Ezra

Name no. 2
Ephriam: Hebrew for H669 אפרים

Transliteration: 'Ephrayim

Ephraim = "double ash-heap: I shall be doubly fruitful"

1) second son of Joseph, blessed by him and given preference over first son, Manasseh

2) the tribe, Ephraim

3) the mountain country of Ephraim

4) sometimes used name for the northern kingdom (Hosea or Isaiah)

5) a city near Baal-hazor

6) a chief gate of Jerusalem Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

http://cf.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?strongs=0669&t=KJV

http://awtj.webs.com

2What's in a Name? Empty Re: What's in a Name? Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:14 am

Pamela

Pamela
Admin
Admin

Not a replacement for the church but a spiritual picture of Christianity...

HOW ARE EPHRAIM AND MANASSEH
A SPIRITUAL PICTURE OF CHRISTIANITY?

1. The blessing of Ephraim was imparted upon him whenever Jacob crossed his hands (Gen 48:16)
  2. Ephraim was ADOPTED into Jacob's family. Believer's in Yeshua are adopted into the family of God (Galations 4:4-6, Romans 8:14-17,22-23)
  3. Ephraim is the Strong's word 669 and means, "double fruit". God promised Abraham that his descendants would be EXCEEDINGLY FRUITFUL (Gen 17:6)
    a) This is a fulfillment of those believers who are exceedingly fruitful in the Kingdom of God through the help of the Holy Spirit and will be the bride of Christ (John 15:1,5,8
    b) Ephraim is the masculine word in Hebrew for the female equivalent Ephratah. Ephratah is another name for Bethlehem and is the place where Jesus was born (Micah 5:2, Matthew 2:1-6)
  4. Ephraim is a term for the Northern Kingdom of Israel who forsook God's Torah. So has Christianity. (Hosea 8:12)
  5. Ephraim, the Northern Kingdom, instituted a substitute place of worship (Dan and Bethel) rather than Jerusalem (I Kings 12:29, Deuteronomy 16:16). Christianity worships in a church rather than a synagogue where Jesus worshiped.
  6. Ephraim, the Northern Kingdom, instituted substitute holidays rather than observing the dates and times of the Biblical holidays that God gave in Leviticus 23 (I Kings 12:32-33). Christianity has adopted Christmas and Easter from Roman Mythryism rather than keep the Biblical holidays that God gave in Leviticus 23.
  7. Ephraim, the Northern Kingdom, instituted a substitute priesthood rather than have priests from the tribe of Levi (I Kings 12:31). Christianity allows pastors and priests to be ministers of the sheep of God who are not anointed and called by God into their office of ministry.
  8. Ephraim, the Northern Kingdom, mixed paganism with the true worship of the God of Israel and call it the true worship of the God of Israel. God called this the golden calf system of worship (I Kings 12:29). Christianity has mixed Roman and Babylonian practices and beliefs with the true worship of the God of Israel and calls it the true worship of the God of Israel.
  9. Just like Ephraim (a picture of Christianity) was born in Egypt (the world), God's Bride (a remnant of believers in Jesus) are called to leave the Babylonian system of religious worship of God. (Genesis 48:3-6, Zechariah 2:7, Revelation 18:4)

3What's in a Name? Empty Re: What's in a Name? Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:18 am

Pamela

Pamela
Admin
Admin

EPHRAIM (CHRISTIANITY) AND JUDAH (JUDAISM)
BECOME ONE HOUSE
WE WERE GRAFTED IN AND BECAME ONE! WE DO NOT REPLACE ANYTHING.

What's in a Name? TabIn Ezekiel (Yechezekel) 37:15-27, the G-d of Israel promised that He would unite the two houses of Israel, Ephraim (house of Israel / Christianity) and Judah (house of Judah/Judaism), and bring them back to the land of Israel in the end of days. When they return to the land of Israel after being scattered in all the nations of the world, they will return in repentance (teshuvah) and keep the Torah of the G-d of Israel. After this event, the G-d of Israel promised to set up His tabernacle (Mishkan) and dwell with His people through His servant David (the Jewish Messiah [Mashiach] Yeshua/Jesus) and usher in the Messianic Age (Athid Lavo). In Ezekiel (Yechezekel) 37:15-27 it is written:

"The word of the Lord came again unto me, saying, Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions: And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand. And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, Wilt thou not show us what thou meanest by these? Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph[CHRISTIANITY], which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah[JUDAISM], and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand. And the sticks whereon thou writest shall be in thine hand before their eyes. And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land: And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel [WEST BANK]; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all: Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions [TESHUVAH]: but I will save them out of all their dwelling places, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God. And David my servant [THE JEWISH MESSIAH] shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them. And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt [THE LAND OF ISRAEL]; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children’s children forever: and my servant David shall be their prince forever. Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them forevermore [THE MESSIANIC AGE]. My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people."
What's in a Name? TabIn Ezekiel (Yechezekel) 37:15-27, we see the fulfillment of the G-d of Israel’s covenant with Abraham (Avraham) based upon the following:

1. The family of the G-d of Israel living in the land of Israel (after being scattered in all the nations of the earth) (Ezekiel [Yechezekel] 37:21-22, 25).
  2. The family of the G-d of Israel (Christianity and Judaism) repenting (teshuvah) and keeping His Torah (because it is written upon their heart) (Ezekiel [Yechezekel] 37:23-24).
  3. The G-d of Israel setting up His tabernacle (mishkan) so that He could dwell with His people (during the Messianic Age) (Ezekiel [Yechezekel] 37:23, 26-27).
  4. The Kingly Messiah known as Messiah ben David, ruling over the family of the G-d of Israel (Yeshua/Jesus) (Ezekiel [Yechezekel] 37:22, 24).

4What's in a Name? Empty Re: What's in a Name? Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:21 am

Pamela

Pamela
Admin
Admin

Given these thoughts over to ponder. The Gentiles DO NOT have a tribe that is mentioned in the book of Revelation.

God grafted in the Gentiles so He prepared a people to prepare us, that would be Ephraim.

Ephraim does not replace the church, it is a preparation of that people God gave us to prepare the Gentile. This requires a spiritual understaning.

5What's in a Name? Empty Re: What's in a Name? Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:21 pm

Pamela

Pamela
Admin
Admin

I still continued to look into this matter of Ephraim. The discord this one name caused, whew!

This is what I found as well...

Romans 11:1 I ask then: Did God reject his people? By no means! I am an Israelite myself, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin.

Two sides of the same family both trying to replace each other, both have blinders on and don’t realize that they each have something that the other needs, to become one whole, that is productive in the kingdom of God, according to His eternal plan. First let’s look at Ephraim/the church, who says they are spiritual Israel and have replaced physical Israel; i.e. the Jews,

There was a scattering: 1 Peter 1:1-2 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ,
To God's elect, strangers in the world, scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia, 2who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and sprinkling by his blood:
Grace and peace be yours in abundance.

AND: James 1:1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ,
To the twelve tribes scattered among the nations:
Greetings.

One has to consider the "family fued" to gain a better understanding...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum