The Grace Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Grace Place is a forum that shares the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you are not saved but would like to know more, please contact one of the moderators for assistance.

AWTJ BOOKS IS A PLACE WHERE INDIE AUTHORS CAN GATHER TO DISCUSS, ADVERTISE, AND PROMOTE THEIR WORK FOR FREE. EVEN IF YOU HAVEN'T WRITTEN A BOOK, YOU ARE FREE TO JOIN TOO. FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS AN AUTHOR'S WORK, OR GIVE A REVIEW! WE DO NOT ALLOW EXPLICIT CONTENT OR WITCHCRAFT BOOKS.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ever Learning (Need Help Here)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ever Learning (Need Help Here) Empty Ever Learning (Need Help Here) Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:24 am

Anonymous

2Ti 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2Ti 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 2Ti 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 2Ti 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 2Ti 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 2Ti 3:8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. 2Ti 3:9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all [men], as theirs also was.

I need help here...this seems so contrary to my understanding...who is being referred to? Christians who are outside the envelope? The world?

It must involve folks who are looking into spiritual things..." Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away..."

But how could you have a form of goldliness and do all of this?

"covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 2Ti 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 2Ti 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;"

Either way, why are we to turn away from them? I wonder if we are talking about the likes of people who would post on newsgroups like alt.flame.jesus christ or the like? I know there are people who seem to be unreachable at any cost...but what if it is me? Can I learn and never arrive at truth? I often wonder why it is so hard to get truth and get real before God rather than live in a box of godly self appraisal...I know we all have issues...

I have a spirit of fear this morning...

2Ever Learning (Need Help Here) Empty Re: Ever Learning (Need Help Here) Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:40 am

Anonymous

fervent wrote:2Ti 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2Ti 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 2Ti 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 2Ti 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 2Ti 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 2Ti 3:8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. 2Ti 3:9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all [men], as theirs also was.

I need help here...this seems so contrary to my understanding...who is being referred to? Christians who are outside the envelope? The world?

It must involve folks who are looking into spiritual things..." Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away..."

"covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 2Ti 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 2Ti 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;"

Either way, why are we to turn away from them? I wonder if we are talking about the likes of people who would post on newsgroups like alt.flame.jesus christ or the like? I know there are people who seem to be unreachable at any cost...but what if it is me? Can I learn and never arrive at truth? I often wonder why it is so hard to get truth and get real before God rather than live in a box of godly self appraisal...I know we all have issues...

Fervent, there are plenty of pew sitter's who go through the motions of being a Christian, but are not saved by GRACE. In other words, they have one foot on the BIBLE and the other in the worldly deeds and wants...they put on a mask for us, but the LORD knows their heart. Some even think they are saved, yet live out a lie to themselves, in secret.

It is a heart condition, too. Just think of it as a heart that is only partly functioning. It may look healthy, but there is an underlying problem.

There are plenty of other religions out there that are "godly people" for thier false gods...and show the likeness of being good, loving etc...but they have never come to accept JESUS as their Personal SAVIOR.

Then you have the general unsaved poulation that just wants to live for the moment, and not caring about the eternal conditions in which they will ultimately live...

It is a fearful thing, for those who are not SAVED by GRACE. You have nothing to fear, but the LORD...and you are HIS CHILD.

The BIBLE tells us that in the last days the world will be like the Days of Noah. I think that the verses you quoted give us a pretty clear picture of the days in which Noah lived, and even clearer picture of today's world.

Last edited by on Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total

3Ever Learning (Need Help Here) Empty Re: Ever Learning (Need Help Here) Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:41 am

Anonymous

Susan wrote:
fervent wrote:2Ti 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2Ti 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 2Ti 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 2Ti 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 2Ti 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 2Ti 3:8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. 2Ti 3:9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all [men], as theirs also was.

Fervent, there are plenty of pew sitter's who go through the motions of being a Christian, but are not saved by GRACE. In other words, they have one foot on the BIBLE and the other in the worldly deeds and wants...they put on a mask to us, but the LORD knows their heart.

It is a heart condition, too. Just think of it as a heart that is only partly functioning. It may look healthy, but there is an underlying problem.

There are plenty of other religions out there that are "godly people" for thier false gods...and show the likeness of being good, loving etc...but they have never come to accept JESUS as their Personal SAVIOR.

Then you have the general unsaved poulation that just wants to live for the moment, and not caring about the eternal conditions in which they will ultimately live...

It is a fearful thing, for those who are not SAVED by GRACE. You have nothing to fear, but the LORD...and you are HIS CHILD.

The BIBLE tells us that in the last days the world will be like the Days of Noah. I think that the verses you quoted give us a pretty clear picture of the days in which Noah lived, and even clearer picture of today's world.

"My Children, Believe ME With All Your Hearts when I say; I will be exalted among the nations. I will be exalted among the peoples. It is good if you believe it, better if you do it. There are so many believers yet so few 'doers' among you. And what, MY children, am I speaking of? My word. Not part....all.. You like MY "Beholds", but not My "woes.'' Why? Little children have many likes and dislikes that originate in the child's judgment. Do you really trust that Eternity is balanced on your childish ways? Then you must seek My ways and not your own.

Put aside your pet interpretations of reality. Your philosophies, theologies and theories created to separate yourselves from your brothers and sisters. Put them aside and seek out My ways and My wisdom. And within the totality of My word is all wisdom. Within the Fullness of My Son, My Spirit has breathed all into you. All has been given to you if you choose that which is truth. Are you that much unlike Solomon? He built My Temple out of the treasures his father David had stored. He followed the plans and stayed true to the blueprint he was given. But he also built his own palace and a palace for one of his wives, Pharaoh's daughter. He also burned incense on the high places.

It was not because of his 'righteousness' that I spoke to him in the "night season". It was because of My covenant promises to My servant, his father David. I called out to him and he answered Me. And when I offered to give him his heart's desire he chose service to Me by choosing My Kingdom and My people first. So by seeking My Kingdom first I gave him power, wealth , and wisdom. But he did not repent so wisdom served him little

Are you any different? Is there not One in whom a much greater covenant is established? Was there a more faithful servant or obedient Son than My only begotten, My lamb who was without spot or stain? You ask for Wealth, Power, and Wisdom all the time; but did you choose My Kingdom over everything else? Did My Son not show you My way and example My Kingdom for you? Did He not teach you; "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness..."I know you have, My children... but haven't you figured out that there is a profound difference between 'saying it' and 'seeking it'.

But you still expect the 'desires of your heart.' That is what you have been taught over and over, isn't it? So what is wrong? Are you standing on the truth, My word? Or are you standing on something else and do not know it yet. Something less.....When I show you the truth, will you receive it? When I speak of great and mighty things that are to come; will you believe them? My desire toward you has been always for good and not evil. My desire is that none should perish, but it has always been up to you to decide. I have given you all, and I continue to send My servants to remind you of what I have said. For There Is Nothing new under the sun. Just misplaced, ignored, or buried. To your fathers I have spoken in "DARK SAYINGS"

My Son taught in parables, and My Spirit in prophecies, dreams, and visions. You were given great wealth and a profound blueprint to build, with nothing being hidden from those who seek My righteousness. You look for My voice when you should be listening. Still you want to "see," to be entertained by"signs and wonders." So when they say they got "it" over there....you go out to the desert to see. Then when you hear 'rumors' about the upper room you hurry there.

You are blown about by every breeze of the supernatural. How would you know even if it was Me, if you won't listen? So many things deceive you.I am a God that can speak out of the whirlwind. I am a God that can speak out of the fire. I can speak to you from the mountaintop or from the deepest pit that you have fallen into. I am your God and you must have no other. How I choose to speak to you is mine to choose. Children, I choose to speak to you in that still...sweet ...voice that Elijah heard. The voice that My servants have always listened to. For you see, the servants that please Me are those who have set their hearts on Me, and in so doing have found their righteousness. And their spirits called out to me in steadfast obedience in the face of death. It is written..."As deep calleth unto deep.' The river grows continually deeper as it grows wider. To seek Me is to go out into the deepest waters and cast yourselves into Me. The deeper you enter Me the darker and colder the waters get.

But you say "darker "colder"...that can't be God ! That is because you have limited Me in your eyes and cut yourself off from Me. That is why I call out to you now. If you will not learn of Me then learn from your mistakes. Accept the fact that there are things wrong in your life. That I offer much more than what you have settled for. Trust not your emotions and lean not on your own wisdom and understanding. Be still and listen! So much of what you have received is not My whole council! Too many of you miss the obvious.

And yet many of you who have raised a question to those who have taken charge for you, and have been "beaten down.' They have told you "never question God" and defend themselves with the words, "Touch not the LORD'S anointed." Really? Were not all My servants touched? Beaten, chained, mocked, spat upon, and murdered? Where is their truth? their anointing? Did not My Son say to let the children come unto Me ?Again I say...Let My children come to Me. Bring Me your questions, your pains, your burdens your fears, and I will be your Father! I will not turn away any who set their hearts on Me!. Look for Me in the Word! Look for Me in your closets! Call out to Me and I will hear you and answer you!"

4Ever Learning (Need Help Here) Empty Re: Ever Learning (Need Help Here) Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:48 am

Pamela

Pamela
Admin
Admin

THough I don't have the strength to get into what I want to add, only because it tires me when I talk about it....

Just know your post spoke volumes to me.....

God does not give you a spirit of fear....Shake it off and go into your secret place...

http://awtj.webs.com

5Ever Learning (Need Help Here) Empty Re: Ever Learning (Need Help Here) Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:19 am

Anonymous

We are to know the Spirit in which they come in our midst...this is what the verse is referring too..that you are questioning...

2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

As you read on it is explained...

2Ti 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

They know the WORD, but yet do not live the WORD.

2Ti 3:8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

It is because they bring in corruption from the world, that we are to seperate from them.

2Ti 3:9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all [men], as theirs also was.

It is the strong delusions that the LORD is referring to here.

2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. 5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? 6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. 7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. 8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness. 13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: 14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle. 16 Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace, 17 Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.

The LORD wants us to be aware that these things will happen.

6Ever Learning (Need Help Here) Empty Re: Ever Learning (Need Help Here) Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:53 am

Anonymous

Much of what Paul wrote spoke of the contempory times of his days, a social commentary to what he was seeing and living in almost 2000 years ago.

Paul even thought the second coming was perhaps only years away from his time, and I would even venture a guess that he hadn't a clue that mankind would continue for another two millenium.

But, only God knows the true intention of what Paul wrote more so than Paul himelf knew.

In other words, the "lovers of self," "the proud," "blasphemers," etc is a condition amongst people that has lasted through out the centuries, and nothing has really changed.

As for the fear thing, my experience is that the spirit of fear is relieved from the spirit of confession, admitting that I am something that I dread to be or rail against (the ol saying "if you spot it you got it"). That's why I don't rail against much, heh...

It's like painting a target for Jesus to take out...a surgical strike

7Ever Learning (Need Help Here) Empty Re: Ever Learning (Need Help Here) Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:05 pm

Anonymous

Bob wrote:Much of what Paul wrote spoke of the contempory times of his days, a social commentary to what he was seeing and living in almost 2000 years ago.

Paul even thought the second coming was perhaps only years away from his time, and I would even venture a guess that he hadn't a clue that mankind would continue for another two millenium.

But, only God knows the true intention of what Paul wrote more so than Paul himelf knew.

In other words, the "lovers of self," "the proud," "blasphemers," etc is a condition amongst people that has lasted through out the centuries, and nothing has really changed.

As for the fear thing, my experience is that the spirit of fear is relieved from the spirit of confession, admitting that I am something that I dread to be or rail against (the ol saying "if you spot it you got it"). That's why I don't rail against much, heh...

It's like painting a target for Jesus to take out...a surgical strike

Interesting...

However painful, I would suppose that heart surgery is the order of the day with God....avoidance of that is tantamount to stunted growth...yet I am sure we each have our way of taking cover under the flesh all the while knowing God sees us anyways...much like a heat seeking missle will find the tail pipe and bring down the plane...

I have wonderd too, if Paul understood at his writing that the return of Jesus was a little further in the future than presumed...there has always been an expectancy...and from my human perspective He is long overdue...just how long is "Yet a little while..." (?)

Heb 10:37 For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.

The word says He will not tarry...therefore there is something wrong with our periscope...

8Ever Learning (Need Help Here) Empty Re: Ever Learning (Need Help Here) Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:12 pm

Anonymous

Susan wrote:We are to know the Spirit in which they come in our midst...this is what the verse is referring too..that you are questioning...

2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

2Ti 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

2Ti 3:8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

It is because they bring in corruption from the world, that we are to seperate from them.

2Ti 3:9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all [men], as theirs also was.

2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. 5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? 6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. 7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. 8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness. 13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: 14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle. 16 Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace, 17 Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.

So it is people who profess to be Christian then...

9Ever Learning (Need Help Here) Empty Re: Ever Learning (Need Help Here) Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:28 pm

Anonymous

fervent wrote:
Susan wrote:We are to know the Spirit in which they come in our midst...this is what the verse is referring too..that you are questioning...

So it is people who profess to be Christian then...
Yes, and also those who come into the church to deceive the very elect.

Matthew 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

They will not succeed with those who are truly the LORD'S Children, but with those who are not. If that is clearly stated...I do not believe that if you are SAVED, that your SALVATION is conditional...you either are or you are not UNDER THE BLOOD of the LAMB.

There are many in the church today that proclaim that they are SAVED, go through the Baptism and many that bable in unknown tongues, as a show...but have not trutly died in the flesh, and accepted JESUS as a PERSONAL SAVIOR.

10Ever Learning (Need Help Here) Empty Re: Ever Learning (Need Help Here) Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:18 pm

Anonymous

Wow. God is truely amazing. I say this because I often find myself saying or doing things unwittingly that later shows God's purpose to testify on the matter. What is even more amazing is that I have a growing sense of this while I think many Christians may still have not realized this in their walk.

Yes, it is painful, very painful. I've said it hurts like heck and I have wondered about this. To me it seems "pay now or pay later" being that the pain in identifying the unsavory aspects of my character is confessed and presented to the Lord while I live, rather than in the hereafter being face with Christ who will forcibly remove the unconfessed, unsavory characteristics of my being during my judgement; pain now in my life or pain later in judgement.

Then Susan brings up 2 Thes 2:3. I've come to believe for some time now that the son of perdition is my inherent being to rebel against God. My falling away not being something to cause me to be separated from God but to reveal the son of perdition (within me), afterall that is exactly what the scripture says (the revealling part, at least).

there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

To me this means if I DON'T fall away I will not see the son of perdition. But, many Christians think this scripture speaks of the antichrist as someother person who will come to power once the church has fallen away as in to go astray.

So, that means, in theory if Christains avoid falling away shouldn't that forstall the rise of the antichrist? See the flaw in this interpretation?

hence, the strong delusion, and thus not seeing the son of perdition, the enemy within.

11Ever Learning (Need Help Here) Empty Re: Ever Learning (Need Help Here) Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:42 pm

Anonymous

Bob, my guess is the verse is about both...and I can see what you are saying...we are to be tried with fire before theThrone of Great Judgement...it is better to repent now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum