The Grace Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Grace Place is a forum that shares the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you are not saved but would like to know more, please contact one of the moderators for assistance.

AWTJ BOOKS IS A PLACE WHERE INDIE AUTHORS CAN GATHER TO DISCUSS, ADVERTISE, AND PROMOTE THEIR WORK FOR FREE. EVEN IF YOU HAVEN'T WRITTEN A BOOK, YOU ARE FREE TO JOIN TOO. FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS AN AUTHOR'S WORK, OR GIVE A REVIEW! WE DO NOT ALLOW EXPLICIT CONTENT OR WITCHCRAFT BOOKS.
Similar topics

You are not connected. Please login or register

Steppin out in faith...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Steppin out in faith... Empty Steppin out in faith... Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:36 am

Anonymous

Matthew 14:22 And straightway Jesus constrained his disciples to get into a ship, and to go before him unto the other side, while he sent the multitudes away. 23 And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a mountain apart to pray: and when the evening was come, he was there alone. 24 But the ship was now in the midst of the sea, tossed with waves: for the wind was contrary. 25 And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea. 26 And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear. 27 But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid. 28 And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water. 29 And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus. 30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. 31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt? 32 And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased. 33 Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God. 34 And when they were gone over, they came into the land of Gennesaret.

This took place shortly after the beheading of John the Baptist; in the passage just prior to what I have placed here. I think that maybe the disciples needed some reassurance from JESUS. We don't know all the emotions that they were having at the time. Some things just get you thinking.

JESUS sent his disciples into the ship to go ahead of HIM. HE sent the multitudes of people away, and went up into the mountains to pray. So JESUS didn't go right away to where the disciples were. Instead HE prayed to the FATHER. It wasn't until the storms came on the sea and the fourth watch that JESUS went to them. HE didn't go by boat to them, HE walked on the stormy sea! Can you imagine this? The disciples saw HIM and were afraid and they cried out in their fears. They didn't recognise HIM, after all it was dark and stormy. As JESUS approached, HE called out to them to let them know that it was HIM.

JESUS has a calming affect on our storms too. He calls out to us and tells us not to be afraid. HE has it under control.

Peter sees JESUS and his faith is renewed. He wants to be where JESUS is...HE asks to come to HIM. As Peter steps out of the boat onto the water, he begins to walk towards JESUS. He is not aware that he is doing the miraculous by walking on the water, until something catches his attention...he remembers the storm that is raging around him, he looses site of JESUS for a moment and begins to sink into the stormy water.

We often do this too. We give our circumstance to the LORD, but as soon as we realize that it is still happening around us, we loose our faith, and beging to sink. As we are sinking into despair, we cry out, LORD save us! Just as Peter does...

Peter cries out LORD save me! Just as Peter is about to go under the LORD reached out HIS hand and caught PETER. The WORDS, O ye of little faith; were spoken to Peter by JESUS.

How often does our faith fails us? It is when we are doubting most that the LORD is calming the sea around us. As soon as JESUS safely placed Peter into the boat the seas calmed down. Once they were secure in the boat they began to praise HIM saying, truly you are the Son of GOD!

Why did JESUS send the disciples away?

Why did HE pray first before going to them?

Do we often loose faith?

What lessons were learned by the disciples that are for us too?

I hope that this is a blessing to someone that is going through some storms. JESUS is coming to calm it for you!

2Steppin out in faith... Empty Re: Steppin out in faith... Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:28 am

Anonymous

Hi Susan

Just this morning I was feeling I could'nt fill a thimble with my faith. I needed this today.

3Steppin out in faith... Empty Re: Steppin out in faith... Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:15 pm

Anonymous

hungryheart wrote:Hi Susan

Just this morning I was feeling I could'nt fill a thimble with my faith. I needed this today.
I love you

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]