The Grace Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Grace Place is a forum that shares the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you are not saved but would like to know more, please contact one of the moderators for assistance.

AWTJ BOOKS IS A PLACE WHERE INDIE AUTHORS CAN GATHER TO DISCUSS, ADVERTISE, AND PROMOTE THEIR WORK FOR FREE. EVEN IF YOU HAVEN'T WRITTEN A BOOK, YOU ARE FREE TO JOIN TOO. FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS AN AUTHOR'S WORK, OR GIVE A REVIEW! WE DO NOT ALLOW EXPLICIT CONTENT OR WITCHCRAFT BOOKS.
Similar topics

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Word Of God In A Context...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Word Of God In A Context... Empty The Word Of God In A Context... Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:04 am

Anonymous

I am a word man...base my thoughts and intents upon what is related to in "known scripture." (I place that in quotes, like see me standing with little fingers hooking the air.) For what is truly "known" by scripture? The interpretive skills of many on any given passage has ultimatley created the mind boggling divisions of today"s "church." So the very word we seek to espouse is also that which "created" the mess. I long for the ultimate expression of truth and the closest I find is the " Amplified" bible... for it gives every nuance of meaning of every known word and those words are quite elastic in elevating the finality of that meaning to unqualified levels....beyond that, it is a matter of distress to realize that Jonestown and many other settings of ultimate calamitous falsehood stemmed from someone's intrepretation of those same words....

What did the "early church" have? Just the apostles and the letters which were eventually written. (And the original Jewish scriptures which were obviously used to this intent... Rom 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.)

I think they depended heavily upon direct impress from the Holy Spirit...and due to the concerns of this day and the need to rightly divide I would expect nothing has changed in that regard... for anyone who is not led by the Spirit will NEVER realize the kernels of truth locked within that word...." Nor will they realize the prophetic depth which goes layer upon layer deeper and deeper into the heart of God. Most merely see the surface layer...the gramatical historical evidence of what was spoken and maybe at times the setting in which it was spoken, for apart from knowing to whom the words were spoken and under what circumstances they were spoken, there is no opinion or voice which may "enlarge upon that word" (in understanding) .....Everyone who makes their reports in the forum are not necessarily Spirit led and spirt fed....

Most quote the red words of Christ (for instance) as being from the very heart of God in a context which directly applies to us today without even making the assesment that Christ Himself was born under Jewish law and had it imposed upon Him, and due to the fact that He had not yet made an end of the law by His death, he made reference to the things of the law upon several occasions telling the lepers to show themselves to the priest etc.......and so along we come and begin to mingle our grace with that law and such things we observe in our fear based and sin concious interpretation...bringing even more bondage than before......."except for the cause of adultery."

2The Word Of God In A Context... Empty Re: The Word Of God In A Context... Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:27 am

Anonymous

Psalms 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Galations 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Philippians 4:5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.

Praise the LORD! cheers

I am still in the old school of thought... and I use the KJV...for me it is the SWORD of TRUTH and there is POWER, found within its pages. I love you

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum