The Grace Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Grace Place is a forum that shares the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you are not saved but would like to know more, please contact one of the moderators for assistance.

AWTJ BOOKS IS A PLACE WHERE INDIE AUTHORS CAN GATHER TO DISCUSS, ADVERTISE, AND PROMOTE THEIR WORK FOR FREE. EVEN IF YOU HAVEN'T WRITTEN A BOOK, YOU ARE FREE TO JOIN TOO. FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS AN AUTHOR'S WORK, OR GIVE A REVIEW! WE DO NOT ALLOW EXPLICIT CONTENT OR WITCHCRAFT BOOKS.
Similar topics

You are not connected. Please login or register

The words that I speak...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The words that I speak... Empty The words that I speak... Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:03 am

Anonymous

The words I speak…

Please read, Exodus Chapter 4

http://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/Exd/Exd004.html#top

Moses didn't know how to speak, he told the LORD that the people would not listen to him.

Exodus 4:1 And Moses answered and said, But, behold, they will not believe me, nor hearken unto my voice: for they will say, The LORD hath not appeared unto thee.

Exodus 4:10 And Moses said unto the LORD, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue.

The LORD gave Moses an answer…

Exodus 4: 11 And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD? 12 Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say.

Moses questioned the LORD.

Exodus 4:13 And he said, O my Lord, send, I pray thee, by the hand of him whom thou wilt send.

This angered the LORD…

Exodus 4: 14 And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Moses, and he said, Is not Aaron the Levite thy brother? I know that he can speak well. And also, behold, he cometh forth to meet thee: and when he seeth thee, he will be glad in his heart. 15 And thou shalt speak unto him, and put words in his mouth: and I will be with thy mouth, and with his mouth, and will teach you what ye shall do. 16 And he shall be thy spokesman unto the people: and he shall be, even he shall be to thee instead of a mouth, and thou shalt be to him instead of God. 17 And thou shalt take this rod in thine hand, wherewith thou shalt do signs.

Moses listens to the LORD, goes to Aaron and tells him that he will speak as the LORD gives him the words to say.

Exodus 4: 27 And the LORD said to Aaron, Go into the wilderness to meet Moses. And he went, and met him in the mount of God, and kissed him. 28 And Moses told Aaron all the words of the LORD who had sent him, and all the signs which he had commanded him. 29 And Moses and Aaron went and gathered together all the elders of the children of Israel: 30 And Aaron spake all the words which the LORD had spoken unto Moses, and did the signs in the sight of the people. 31 And the people believed: and when they heard that the LORD had visited the children of Israel, and that he had looked upon their affliction, then they bowed their heads and worshipped.

There are 544 verses in the BIBLE that uses the word, speak. The “word” is found in 739 verses of the BIBLE. Throughout the BIBLE we find that the LORD wants to have dialogue with us. Not merely spilling out words, but a conversation that will edify us and lead us to the Promised Land.

Some “word” examples:

2 Samuel 23:2 The Spirit of the LORD spake by me, and his word was in my tongue.

Psalms 18:30 As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.

Psalms 119:40 Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it.

Proverbs 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

GOD promises us this:

Isaiah 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

So do we take HIS WORD lightly? If we trust HIM, and believe HIM we should take his WORD seriously. Only a fool would not believe HIS WORD.

Psalms 119:148 Mine eyes prevent the night watches, that I might meditate in thy word.

We should read and study the WORD for ourselves

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

When the WORD is planted within you, it flows and is spoken.

As the Prophets of old would say…

Here the WORD of the LORD.

So what does this mean?

It means that the Words that I speak should be words that the LORD has given me. A word spoke in anger can cut the marrow and the bones of men. HIS WORD is a two-edged sword.

Hebrews 4:12 The word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

It should be edifying, uplifting and bringing others to the full knowledge of HIM.

My prayer:

Dear LORD, let me speak the words that YOU give me to speak. Let me not speak out in anger, but always in love of my brethren. LORD, guard my lips from speaking things that tear down others. Let let me speak in YOUR truth, always. LORD, let my mouth be an instrument for YOU. Let me meditate on your WORD night and day. Let me search the WORD and know that it is hidden within me. Help me to walk the talk and talk the walk, that leads to YOUR THRONE. Thank you LORD, for YOUR WORD does not come back void. In JESUS NAME, AMEN.

2The words that I speak... Empty Re: The words that I speak... Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:05 am

Pamela

Pamela
    Admin
    Admin

Amen...

http://awtj.webs.com

3The words that I speak... Empty Re: The words that I speak... Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:21 pm

Anonymous

I was reminded of this again today. We have the power to bless or to curse others just by what we speak. Remember the LORD spoke the world into existence? We have been given the power to bind up on earth just like things are in heaven...this is just a bit of an epiphany for me.

Genesis 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Matthew 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matthew 18:18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Our words are binding...therefore they have power.

Then I remembered this...

Matthew 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Luke 6:27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, 28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you. 29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also. 30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again. 31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

Praise the LORD, and send on the blessings....

4The words that I speak... Empty Re: The words that I speak... Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:38 pm

Anonymous

Good reminder. The Lord has many of us on the same page!

H.

5The words that I speak... Empty Re: The words that I speak... Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:42 pm

Anonymous

Hardy wrote:Good reminder. The Lord has many of us on the same page!

H.
    YES! You know, if we bless those that curse us, we are making thier curses uneffective! WOW! Just think of the things that can be realeased, by speaking blessings, instead of accepting other's curses over us. cheers PRAISE THE LORD!

6The words that I speak... Empty Re: The words that I speak... Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:46 pm

Anonymous

Ephesians 1:2 Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: 4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: 5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, 6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Now that is a blessing! cheers

7The words that I speak... Empty Re: The words that I speak... Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:54 pm

Anonymous

What about words that tear me down?

8The words that I speak... Empty Re: The words that I speak... Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:57 pm

Anonymous

Bob wrote:What about words that tear me down?
    You are called to bless those that curse you...hence those words hold no power over you...please go back and read through the first post... I love you

9The words that I speak... Empty Re: The words that I speak... Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:43 pm

Pamela

Pamela
    Admin
    Admin

Susan wrote:
    Bob wrote:What about words that tear me down?
    You are called to bless those that curse you...hence those words hold no power over you...please go back and read through the first post... I love you
    I agree and I will add: Those broken words that tear you down only have power over you if you let them....

http://awtj.webs.com

10The words that I speak... Empty Re: The words that I speak... Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:01 pm

Anonymous

...I was speaking about MY own words that tear me down. What about those words?

Here I'll make a confession to make it clear, ahem

The words that I speak tears me down.

Get it? Now what about those words?

11The words that I speak... Empty Re: The words that I speak... Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:48 pm

Anonymous

Bob wrote:...I was speaking about MY own words that tear me down. What about those words?

Have you ever hear the phrase, I'm my own worst enemy...well in essence when we speak negatively, we become our own worst enemy...it took me literally years to understand this and begin to speak blessings instead of cursings....so, Bob, you are not alone in this struggle. If you go back and read the first post in this topic, you will see how Moses also struggled with this very thing. The LORD still used him, and even gave him an assistant to speak in his place...so, it was with Moses, the LORD will do for you and I when we fail to understand the impact of our speach...even to our own selves.

Job struggled with this as well:

Job 7:11 Therefore I will not refrain my mouth; I will speak in the anguish of my spirit; I will complain in the bitterness of my soul.

Job 10:1 My soul is weary of my life; I will leave my complaint upon myself; I will speak in the bitterness of my soul.

Yet in the end, GOD blessed Job...

I hope that this helps you. I love you

I came back to add this...Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

12The words that I speak... Empty Re: The words that I speak... Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:49 pm

Anonymous

I hope that this helps you.

yes it did, Susan. Thanks

13The words that I speak... Empty Re: The words that I speak... Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:07 pm

Anonymous

Bob, I am so glad that this helped you...I have been praying for you. I love you

14The words that I speak... Empty Re: The words that I speak... Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:31 pm

Anonymous

It helped me because if I understand Job at all he gave up. He was ready to die. But he did not disrespect God. He questioned why, but he did not blaspheme against the Lord. Just like Job, I don't hate the Lord. I never did. Even in a fit of uncontrollable bursts God, I believe, forgave me because hatred against the Lord is just not me. God is very good and I don't understand why.

So, I gave in to doubt but that's just a part of letting go. Where it takes me I don't know. Oh, I still believe in Jesus Christ and his message of salvation (John 3:16), because I think it proposterous that life and existence sprang up spontaneously without a creator, without a God.

I am so willing to bet on God being real, I'd bet my life on it.

But thanks, Susan and HLA. I deeply respect your love. I pray Jesus shall bless greatly and keep everyone safe who desires to love. Please Jesus, no tests for them.

Love HB

15The words that I speak... Empty Re: The words that I speak... Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:13 am

Anonymous

Bob, you are correct, that Job never doubted that GOD exists. HE understood that everything comes from the LORD. Here are some notes I have in my BIBLE about Job...

Job did not blame GOD for his circumstances.
    He saw how big GOD was and how small he was.
    Job was able to forgive.

GOD blessed Job with a double portion.

Even when things look bleakest, the LORD will turn your situation around, and bless you.

Praise the LORD, for everything. Speak blessings:

Psalms 22:26 The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the LORD that seek him: your heart shall live for ever.

16The words that I speak... Empty Re: The words that I speak... Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:05 am

Anonymous

Bob wrote:...I was speaking about MY own words that tear me down. What about those words?

I work with words! My word changes things! The power in My word is in consistency. There is no variableness, neither shadow of turning! Believing is receiving! Faith comes by hearing My word. Results come by doing My word. Power is released by speaking My word. With the heart man believes and with the mouth confession is made. Death and life are in the power of your tongue! A man's belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips he shall be filled! Learn to speak your Father's language...The language of faith and possibility; without diversity of thought or variation of dialect. With singleness of mind I bring about My purposes. For if the trumpet give an uncertain sound, who will prepare himself to the battle? My language co-exists with another language. That of fear and doubt and unbelief! The devil's language speaks of hopelessness, impossibility and despair. It is a foreign language to a Kingdom child! I say that you should not know it! Disassociate yourself from it's dominion over your thought life. Let the abundance of your heart be continually washed by My word. Let My ways become your ways, and you shall be established. My truth is discovered and revealed in those who speak My language. You shall be free from the law of death and from every evil work! You shall be cradled by endless opportunity as you speak My word and believe it's truth. You can't have an opinion about truth! Choose My truth and you choose Me! Choose Me and you choose life! Choose life and you choose every benefit, blessing and favour which I bestow upon My followers! If you have no word, you have no faith! If you have no faith, you have no anointing! If you have no anointing, then burdens and yokes remain! Power belongeth unto God. Complaining does not change things, but praise will. Faith is your connection to Me. Your life is not out of control. If you have given Me charge, it is just out of your control! He who commands will also enable. I am making you ready in My ability, not your own! Be stedfast in your confession of My word! I have told My people they can have what they say, and they are saying what they have! Attend to My word, My faithful! As you move out to maintain My way, I will also maintain yours! Move in the integrity of heart which is meet for My righteous cause to be performed, and I will open every door which is before you! You shall reap a bountiful harvest for My kingdom! Move out in faith and allow Me to show Myself strong in your behalf! You have My blessing and approval to be all you can be, and to approach Me at every hour and point of need. Be at peace as I unfold new opportunities of being and serving! Amen!

17The words that I speak... Empty Re: The words that I speak... Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:23 pm

Anonymous

I today I realized what bothered me about about God getting angry at Moses for Moses doubting God at the start.

I am not Moses nor am I better than Moses, thus I would have had the same doubts getting God angry at me.

Sorry God, but that's the way I was made.

18The words that I speak... Empty Re: The words that I speak... Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:05 pm

Anonymous

Bob wrote:I today I realized what bothered me about about God getting angry at Moses for Moses doubting God at the start.

I am not Moses nor am I better than Moses, thus I would have had the same doubts getting God angry at me.

Sorry God, but that's the way I was made.

You are better than Moses...you are not under the law. Why don't you rehearse all the good word you have that Moses could only dream about? Much of it is in that prophetic word above...finders keepers...You and I are subject to doubts (fear based) but I can tell you quite candidly that God does not doubt His word. If the word of God is meant to influence us in a positive way, then we should not be caught with rolling eyes doubter's syndrome either...I have heard that God or Jesus the Son of God has said 365 times iin scripture, "fear not" or words which amount to the same thing...one "fear not" for every day of our lives as they add year unto year...

"Sorry God, but that's the way I was made." Now let me see....

Psa 139:14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully [and] wonderfully made: marvellous [are] thy works; and [that] my soul knoweth right well. Psa 139:15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, [and] curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Psa 139:16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all [my members] were written, [which] in continuance were fashioned, when [as yet there was] none of them. Psa 139:17 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! Psa 139:18 [If] I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.

Bob, your posterior ethnic origin is showing... The words that I speak... Donkey_kissing

lol!

19The words that I speak... Empty Re: The words that I speak... Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:32 am

Anonymous

Bob, your posterior ethnic origin is showing..

..okay, maybe it's showing just a little...

20The words that I speak... Empty Re: The words that I speak... Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:19 am

Anonymous

Bob wrote:
    Bob, your posterior ethnic origin is showing..

..okay, maybe it's showing just a little...

The words that I speak... Thca75a2e4

The words that I speak... Aa05479ghThe words that I speak... ThthSmileyThe words that I speak... 1558

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]