The Grace Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Grace Place is a forum that shares the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you are not saved but would like to know more, please contact one of the moderators for assistance.

AWTJ BOOKS IS A PLACE WHERE INDIE AUTHORS CAN GATHER TO DISCUSS, ADVERTISE, AND PROMOTE THEIR WORK FOR FREE. EVEN IF YOU HAVEN'T WRITTEN A BOOK, YOU ARE FREE TO JOIN TOO. FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS AN AUTHOR'S WORK, OR GIVE A REVIEW! WE DO NOT ALLOW EXPLICIT CONTENT OR WITCHCRAFT BOOKS.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Restoring the Two Houses by Edward Chumney

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Pamela

Pamela
Admin
Admin

JEROBOAM WAS AN EPHRATHITE
OVER THE HOUSE OF JOSEPH

Jeroboam was an Ephrathite over the house of Joseph. In I Kings (Melachim) 11:26, 28 it is written:

"And Jeroboam the son of Nebat an Ephrathite ... and the man Jeroboam was a mighty man of valor ... ruler over all the charge of the house of Joseph."

The Northern Kingdom was known by the following names:

The house of Israel (I Kings 12:21, Jeremiah 31:31)
The house of Joseph ( I Kings 11:28
Samaria (Hosea 7:1, 8:5-6, 13:16)
Ephraim (Hosea 4:17, 5:3, 7:1)

THE GOLDEN CALF SYSTEM OF WORSHIP

The Northern Kingdom of Israel practiced the "golden calf" system of worship of the G-d of Israel. This is mixing paganism with the true worship of the G-d of Israel and calling this mixed worship the true worship of the G-d of Israel. The "golden calf" system of worship of the G-d of Israel is first mentioned in Exodus (Shemot) 32. In Exodus (Shemot) 32:3-6 it is written:

"And all the people broke off the golden earrings which were in their ears, and brought them unto Aaron. And he received them at their hand, and fashioned it with a graving tool, after he had made it a molten calf: and they said, these be thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt. And when Aaron saw it, he built an altar before it; and Aaron made proclamation, and said, tomorrow is a feast to the Lord. And they rose up early on the morrow, and offered burnt offerings, and brought peace offerings; and the people sat down to eat and to drink, and rose up to play."

The Northern Kingdom, Ephraim, the house of Joseph, under the leadership of Jeroboam instituted a "golden calf" system of worship of the G-d of Israel. In I Kings (Melachim) 12:28-30 it is written:

"Whereupon the king took counsel, and made two calves of gold, and said unto them, It is too much for you to go up to Jerusalem: behold thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt. And he set the one in Bethel, and the other put he in Dan. And this thing became a sin: for the people went to worship before the one, even unto Dan."

Bethel in Hebrew means, "House of God." Dan comes from the Hebrew word, Din, which means, "Judgment." Spiritually (sod/deeper meaning), this is prophetic that the people called the system of worship, "The House of God" but the G-d of Israel viewed the system of worship as "Judgment."

JEROBOAM’S FALSE SYSTEM OF WORSHIP

Jeroboam instituted a "golden calf" system of worship that mixed paganism with the worship of the G-d of Israel and called that system of worship, the true worship of the G-d of Israel. In doing this, the Northern Kingdom is prophetic of historical Christianity.

The Jewish Messiah (Mashiach) Yeshua/Jesus and his disciples (talmidim) were Torah observant Jews. The original followers of the Jewish Messiah (Mashiach) Yeshua/Jesus was considered a sect of Judaism (Acts 28:22-23) and kept the Sabbath (Shabbat) and Biblical Festivals found in Leviticus (Vayikra) 23 and worshiped in the Jewish synagogue. Later, the followers in Yeshua/Jesus as the Jewish Messiah (Mashiach) were called Christians at Antioch (Acts 11:26).

When Christianity spread into the Western world and more and more non-Jews and less and less Jews became believers in Yeshua/Jesus as the Jewish Messiah (Mashiach), Christianity through the influence of the Roman Catholic church began to mix paganism (mostly the Mythraic religion of the Roman Empire which has its roots in ancient Babylon) with Biblical faith in the G-d of Israel. The modern day house of Israel (Christianity) is still influenced and still practices this mixture of paganism and the true worship of the G-d of Israel through the celebration of Christmas and Easter (rather than the Biblical holidays of Leviticus 23) and Sunday worship (rather than on the Biblical Sabbath from Friday sundown to Saturday sundown).

The predominant religion in the Roman Empire prior to the adoption of Christianity was Mythraism. Mythraism was focused on the worship of the sun god. The worship day of the sun god was Sun Day. The birthday of the sun god was December 25. Through the influence of the Roman Catholic church, the Biblical Sabbath was replaced with Sun Day. Rather than worshipping the birthday of the sun god on December 25, the birthday of the Jewish Messiah (Mashiach) Yeshua/Jesus began to be celebrated on December 25.

The origin of Easter was a pagan practice of celebrating the rebirth of the fertility of the earth in the spring of the year. Historically, Easter was the worship of the sex goddess Ishtar. In the Bible, Ishtar is called, Ashtaroth. The G-d of Israel condemned the seed of Abraham (Avraham) for worshiping the sex goddess Ashtaroth (I Kings 11:5, 33, II Kings 23:13). While the modern day house of Israel (Christianity) does not literally worship the sun god or the goddess of sex and fertility, it still practices the customs of this system of worship. However, all of these customs have been "Christianized" in their meaning and understanding by the adversary (HaSatan) to disguise the original practices and customs behind this system of worship.

THE CHARACTERISTICS OF THE
GOLDEN CALF SYSTEM OF WORSHIP

The main characteristics of the Northern Kingdom’s golden calf system of worship was the following:

Forsaking the Torah of the G-d of Israel
A substitute day of worship
A substitute place of worship
A substitute priesthood
Let us examine these characteristics in greater detail seeing how these sins of the Northern Kingdom are prophetic of the sins of historical Christianity.

Ephraim, a term for the Northern Kingdom of Israel, forsook the G-d of Israel’s Torah and called it a strange thing (Hosea 8:12). Today, corporate Christianity calls the Torah "a strange thing."

Ephraim, the Northern Kingdom, instituted a substitute place of worship (Dan and Bethel) rather than Jerusalem (I Kings [Melachim] 12:29, Deuteronomy [Devarim] 16:16). Corporate Christianity worships in a church rather than a synagogue where the Jewish Messiah [Mashiach] Yeshua/Jesus worshiped (Luke 4:14-16).

Ephraim, the Northern Kingdom, instituted substitute holidays rather than observing the dates and times of the Biblical holidays that the G-d of Israel gave in Leviticus (Vayikra) 23. Jeroboam changed the observance of the feast of tabernacles (Sukkot) to the eighth month in the year (I Kings [Melechim] 12:32-33) rather than the seventh month which the G-d of Israel had declared in Leviticus [Vayikra] 23:34. Historical Christianity has adopted Christmas and Easter from Roman Mythraism rather than keeping the Biblical holidays that the G-d of Israel gave in Leviticus [Vayikra] 23. The Jewish Messiah (Mashiach) Yeshua/Jesus kept the Biblical holidays (Luke 2:41-42).

Ephraim, the Northern Kingdom, instituted a substitute priesthood rather than have priests from the tribe of Levi (I Kings [Melachim] 12:31). Christianity allows pastors and priests to be ministers of the sheep of the G-d of Israel who are not anointed and called by the G-d of Israel into their office and ministry.

Ephraim, the Northern Kingdom, mixed paganism with the true worship of the G-d of Israel and called this mixture the true worship of the G-d of Israel. The G-d of Israel called this a golden calf system of worship (I Kings [Melachim] 12:28. Historical Christianity has mixed Roman and Babylonian practices and beliefs with the worship of the G-d of Israel and calls this the true worship of the G-d of Israel.

Last edited by Pamela on Fri May 23, 2008 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total

http://awtj.webs.com

Pamela

Pamela
Admin
Admin

G-D’S JUDGMENT UPON HIS PEOPLE
FOR FORSAKING HIS TORAH

When the G-d of Israel betrothed Himself to the seed of Abraham (Avraham) at mount Sinai (Jeremiah [Yermiyahu] 2:1-3), He entered into a marriage contract with them. The terms and conditions of a Biblical marriage contract are specified in a written document called a Ketubah. Spiritually (sod/deeper meaning), the Torah is the marriage contract between the G-d of Israel and the seed of Abraham (Avraham). The terms and conditions for breaking the marriage contract are given in Leviticus (Vayikra) 26 and Deuteronomy (Devarim) 28. One of the harshest judgments for breaking the marriage contract (obedience to the Torah) is dispersion into the nations of the world. In Deuteronomy (Devarim) 28:15, 36-37 it is written:

"But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the Lord thy God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day; that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee ... The Lord shall bring thee, and thy king thou shalt set over thee, unto a nation which neither thou nor thy fathers have known; and there shalt thou serve other gods, wood and stone. And thou shalt become an astonishment, a proverb, and a byword, among all the nations whither the Lord shall lead thee."

Because of disobedience to the marriage contract (obedience to Torah) at mount Sinai, the G-d of Israel’s judgment came upon both the Northern and Southern Kingdoms of Israel. Initially, the Northern Kingdom of Israel was taken captive into Assyria and the Southern Kingdom of Israel was taken captive into Babylon. Eventually, the Northern Kingdom and the Southern Kingdom were taken into worldwide captivity. The Northern Kingdom of Israel went into worldwide captivity through assimilation into Gentile culture and eventually settled in all the nations of the world. The Southern Kingdom of Israel was taken into worldwide captivity following the destruction of the Temple (Beit HaMikdash) in 70 C.E. (Common Era) but have kept their Jewish identity and allegiance to the Torah of the G-d of Israel during this time.

Pamela

Pamela
Admin
Admin

THE NORTHERN KINGDOM WAS TAKEN
CAPTIVE INTO ASSYRIA

Because they broke their marriage contract (obedience to the Torah) through their "golden calf" system of worship, the G-d of Israel’s judgment came upon the Northern Kingdom of Israel, Ephraim, the house of Joseph. In II Kings (Melachim) 17:7-23 it is written:

"For so it was, that the children of Israel had sinned against the Lord their God, which had brought them up out of the land of Egypt, from under the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt, and had feared other gods, And walked in the statutes of the heathen, whom the Lord cast out from before the children of Israel, and of the kings of Israel, which they had made. And the children of Israel did secretly those things that were not right against the Lord their God, and they built them high places in all their cities, from the tower of the watchmen to the fenced city. And they set them up images and groves in every high hill, and under every green tree: And there they burnt incense in all the high places, as did the heathen whom the Lord carried away before them; and wrought wicked things to provoke the Lord to anger: For they served idols, whereof the Lord had said unto them, You shall not do this thing. Yet the Lord testified against Israel, and against Judah, by all the prophets and by all the seers, saying, Turn you from your evil ways, and keep my commandments and my statutes, according to all the law [Torah] which I commanded your fathers, and which I sent to you by my servants the prophets. Notwithstanding they would not hear, but hardened their necks, like to the neck of their fathers, that did not believe in the Lord their God. And they rejected his statutes, and his covenant that he made with their fathers, and his testimonies which he testified against them; and they followed vanity, and became vain and went after the heathen that were round about them, concerning whom the Lord had charged them, that they should not do like them. And they left all the commandments of the Lord their God, and made them molten images, even two calves, and made a grove, and worshiped all the host of heaven, and served Baal. And they caused their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire, and used divination and enchantments, and sold themselves to do evil in the sight of the Lord, to provoke him to anger. Therefore the Lord was very angry with Israel, and removed them out of his sight: there was none left but the tribe of Judah only. Also Judah kept not the commandments of the Lord their God, but walked in the statutes of Israel which they made. And the Lord rejected all the seed of Israel, and afflicted them, and delivered them into the hand of spoilers, until he had cast them out of his sight. For he rent Israel from the house of David; and they made Jeroboam the son of Nebat king: and Jeroboam drove Israel from following the Lord, and made them sin a great sin. For the children of Israel walked in all the sins of Jeroboam which he did; they departed not from them; Until the Lord removed Israel out of his sight, as he had said by all his servants the prophets. So was Israel carried away out of their own land to Assyria unto this day."

THE SOUTHERN KINGDOM IS TAKEN
CAPTIVE INTO BABYLON

The Southern Kingdom also departed from the marriage contract (obedience to the Torah) of the G-d of Israel. Therefore, the Southern Kingdom, the house of Judah, was taken captive into Babylon. The rejection of following the Torah of the G-d of Israel is given in II Kings (Melachim) 17:19-20 as it is written:

"And Judah kept not the commandments of the Lord their God, but walked in the statutes of Israel which they made. And the Lord rejected all the seed of Israel, and afflicted them, and delivered them into the hand of spoilers, until he had cast them out of his sight."

The G-d of Israel’s anger upon the Southern Kingdom, the house of Judah, for forsaking the Torah of the G-d of Israel can be found in Jeremiah (Yermiyahu) 44:2-6, 10, 22-23 as it is written:

"Thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; You have seen all the evil that I have brought upon Jerusalem, and upon all the cities of Judah; and, behold, this day they are a desolation, and no man dwelleth therein, Because of their wickedness which they have committed to provoke me to anger, in that they went to burn incense, and to serve other gods, whom they knew not, neither they, ye, nor your fathers. Howbeit I sent unto you all my servants the prophets, rising early and sending them, saying, Oh, do not this abominable thing that I hate. But they hearkened not, nor inclined their ear to turn from their wickedness, to burn no incense unto other gods. Wherefore my fury and mine anger was poured forth, and was kindled in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem; and they are wasted and desolate, as at this day … They are not humbled even unto this day, neither have they feared, nor walked in my law [TORAH], nor in my statutes, that I set before you and before your fathers … So that the Lord could no longer bear, because of the evil of your doings, and because of the abominations which ye have committed; therefore is your land a desolation, and an astonishment, and a curse, without an inhabitant, as at this day. Because you have burned incense, and because you have sinned against the Lord, and have not obeyed the voice of the Lord, nor walked in his law [TORAH], nor in his statutes, nor in his testimonies; therefore this evil is happened unto you, as at this day."

Because the Southern Kingdom, the house of Judah, broke their marriage contract (obedience to the Torah), they were taken captive to Babylon. In Jeremiah (Yermiyahu) 25:2-10 it is written:

"The which Jeremiah the prophet spake unto all the people of Judah, and to all the inhabitants of Jerusalem, saying ... the word of the Lord has come unto me, and I have spoken unto you, rising early and speaking; but you have not hearkened. And the Lord has sent unto you all his servants the prophets, rising early and sending them; but you have not hearkened, nor inclined your ears to hear. They said, Turn you again now everyone from his evil ways, and from the evil of your doings, and dwell in the land that the Lord has given unto you and to your fathers forever and ever: And go not after other gods to serve them, and to worship them, and provoke me not to anger with the works of your hands; and I will do you no hurt. Yet you have not hearkened unto me, says the Lord; that you might provoke me to anger with the works of your hands to your own hurt. Therefore thus says the Lord of hosts; Because you have not heard my words, Behold, I will send and take all the families of the north, saith the Lord, and Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon, my servant, and will bring them against this land, and against the inhabitants thereof, and against all these nations round about, and will utterly destroy them, and make them an astonishment, and a hissing, and perpetual desolations. Moreover I will take from them the voice of mirth, and the voice of gladness, the voice of the bridegroom, and the voice of the bride, the sound of the millstones, and the light of the candle."

Therefore, we can see that the G-d of Israel judged both the Northern Kingdom and the Southern Kingdom because they did NOT follow His Torah and the covenant that He made with Abraham.

G-D’S JUDGMENT UPON
THE NORTHERN KINGDOM OF ISRAEL

The book of Hosea was written to prophesy of the judgment of the Northern Kingdom for breaking their marriage contract (obedience to the Torah) and mixing paganism with the worship of the G-d of Israel. The Northern Kingdom of Israel desired to assimilate with the nations around them. At mount Sinai, the G-d of Israel instructed the seed of Abraham (Avraham) in their marriage contract that they were to be a holy people (separate from the nations around them). They were not to assimilate themselves with other nations and follow after their ways. Because the Northern Kingdom of Israel desired to assimilate with the other nations, their judgment for breaking their marriage contract (to not assimilate) was assimilation into the nations of the world. In other words, what they sowed, they reaped.

In order to prophesy of this judgment of assimilation, the G-d of Israel instructed Hosea to marry a I love the LORD named Gomer. The children born in the marriage between Hosea and Gomer were prophetic of what would happen to the Northern Kingdom because they committed spiritual whoredom with the nations around them and followed after their gods and their ways. Whoredom in the Bible is symbolic of spiritual idolatry and forsaking the Torah and the true worship of the G-d of Israel. In Deuteronomy (Devarim) 31:16 it is written:

"And the Lord said unto Moses, Behold, thou shall sleep with thy fathers; and this people will rise up, and go a whoring after the gods of the strangers of the land, whither they go to be among them, and will forsake me, and break my covenant which I have made with them."

In Judges (Shoftim) 2:17 it is written:

"And yet they would not hearken unto their judges, but they went a whoring after other gods, and bowed themselves unto them: they turned quickly out of the way which their fathers walked in, obeying the commandments of the Lord; but they did not so."

Therefore, in order to symbolize this spiritual whoredom committed by the Northern Kingdom of Israel for forsaking the Torah and breaking their marriage contract, the G-d of Israel told Hosea to marry a I love the LORD. From this marriage, three children were conceived. In Hosea (Hoshea) 1:2-9 it is written:

"The beginning of the word of the Lord by Hosea. And the Lord said to Hosea, Go, take unto thee a wife of whoredoms and children of whoredoms: for the land has committed great whoredom, departing from the Lord. So he went and took Gomer the daughter of Diblaim; which conceived, and bare him a son. And the Lord said unto him, Call his name Jezreel; for yet a little while, and I will avenge the blood of Jezreel upon the house of Jehu, and will cause to cease the kingdom of the house of Israel. And it shall come to pass at that day, that I will break the bow of Israel in the valley of Jezreel. And she conceived again, and bare a daughter. And God said unto him, Call her name Lo-ruhamah: for I will no more have mercy upon the house of Israel; but I will utterly take them away. But I will have mercy upon the house of Judah, and will save them by the Lord their God, and will not save them by bow, nor by sword, nor by battle, by horses, nor by horsemen. Now when she had weaned Lo-ruhamah, she conceived, and bare a son. Then said God, Call his name Lo-ammi: for ye are not my people, and I will not be your God."

The three children that Hosea had by Gomer in Hosea chapter 1 were the following:

Jezreel, which means "G-d will sow or scatter."
Lo-ruhamah, which means "no mercy."
Lo-ammi, which means "not my people."
When the G-d of Israel speaks to the Northern Kingdom saying to them that He will have "no mercy" and they are "not my people", this is the Biblical way of saying that the G-d of Israel will cut off his covenant relationship with them and divorce the Northern Kingdom of Israel. In Jeremiah (Yermiyahu) 3:8 it is written:

"And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel [Northern Kingdom] committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce …"

G-D PROMISES TO FULFILL
HIS COVENANT WITH ABRAHAM

Even though the G-d of Israel divorced the Northern Kingdom (house of Israel), He also promised that when this judgment is complete that He would fulfill His covenant with Abraham (Avraham) through this judgment. Furthermore, even though the G-d of Israel told the Northern Kingdom (house of Israel) that they were "not His people" (Hosea [Hoshea] 1:9) and He would show them "no mercy" (Hosea [Hoshea] 1:6), He also prophesied that the future descendents of the Northern Kingdom (house of Israel) would later be called "my people" after the G-d of Israel showed "mercy" toward them through the Jewish Messiah (Mashiach) Yeshua/Jesus. In Hosea (Hoshea) 1:10 it is written:

"Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, You are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, You are the sons of the living God."

WOW! After declaring to the Northern Kingdom that they were "not his people" (Hosea [Hoshea] 1:9) and they would be showed "no mercy" (Hosea [Hoshea] 1:6) because they broke their marriage contract and forsook His Torah, the G-d of Israel prophesied that He will fulfill His covenant that He made with Abraham (Avraham) through this judgment (Hosea [Hoshea] 1:10) !!!

THE NORTHERN KINGDOM
IS PROPHETIC OF CHRISTIANITY

In the book of Hosea, the G-d of Israel’s judgment upon the Northern Kingdom for breaking their marriage contract and forsaking the Torah was divorce and cutting them off from His covenant. In doing so, the G-d of Israel would show them "no mercy" and they would be "not my people." These are the EXACT words used to describe the non-Jews who have accepted Yeshua/Jesus as the Jewish Messiah (Mashiach). In I Peter (Kefa) 2:5, 9-10 it is written:

"You also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ [Yeshua HaMashiach] ... But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who has called you out of darkness into his marvelous light: Which is time past were not a people [Hosea 1:9] but are now the people of God [Hosea 1:10]; which had not obtained mercy, [Hosea 1:6], but now have obtained mercy [Hosea 2:23]"

Pamela

Pamela
Admin
Admin

THE ROLE OF THE KINSMAN REDEEMER
TO SAVE G-D’S PEOPLE

The G-d of Israel made a provision in the Torah that a near kinsman could redeem his brother’s possession if it was sold away. When the Northern Kingdom (house of Israel) was at mount Sinai and entered into a marriage contract with the G-d of Israel, they were entitled to an inheritance by being a member of the family of the G-d of Israel. When the G-d of Israel divorced the Northern Kingdom (house of Israel), their inheritance was lost because they "sold it away" when they committed idolatry against the G-d of Israel. However, in Leviticus (Vayikra) 25:25, it is written:

"If thy brother be waxen poor, and has sold away some of his possession, and if any of his kin come to redeem it, then shall he redeem that which his brother sold."

Therefore, the G-d of Israel made provision in the Torah that one of his brothers (a member of the Southern Kingdom, the house of Judah, the Jewish people) could redeem those from the Northern Kingdom (house of Israel) who "sold away" their inheritance. For this reason, the Jewish Messiah (Mashiach) Yeshua/Jesus was born from the tribe of Judah to be a kinsman redeemer (go’el) to the descendents of the Northern Kingdom (house of Israel) as well as all those who would repent (teshuvah) of their sins and accept Yeshua/Jesus as their personal Messiah (Mashiach).

In order for the descendents of the Northern Kingdom (house of Israel) to become members again of the family of the G-d of Israel, they needed to be grafted into the olive tree of the G-d of Israel. In doing this, the G-d of Israel would (renew) the original covenant (marriage contract) at mount Sinai because the original covenant (marriage contract) was broken. This (renewed) covenant would be the original covenant written upon the hearts of all those who would accept the Jewish Messiah (Mashiach) Yeshua/Jesus through the indwelling Holy Spirit (Ruach HaKodesh). The role of the indwelling Holy Spirit (Ruach HaKodesh) is to write the Torah of the G-d of Israel upon the hearts of His people so that they could worship the G-d of Israel in Spirit and in truth. (Jeremiah [Yermiyahu] 31:31-33, John (Yochanan) 4:24, 16:13, Hebrews 10:15-16).

In Jeremiah (Yermiyahu) 31:31, the Hebrew word translated into English as "new" can mean RENEW. In Jeremiah (Yermiyahu) 31:31-33 it is written:

"Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new [renewed] covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they broke, although I was a husband unto them, saith the Lord: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, says the Lord, I will put my law [TORAH] in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people."

The Jewish Messiah (Mashiach) Yeshua/Jesus is to be a kinsman redeemer (go’el) to His people. By being a kinsman redeemer, He would bring restoration to both houses of Israel. He would do this by being a suffering Messiah known as Messiah ben Yosef/Joseph at His first coming and by being the Kingly Messiah known as Messiah ben David at His second coming. By the Jewish Messiah (Mashiach) Yeshua/Jesus being a kinsman redeemer (go’el) to His people, the G-d of Israel could fulfill the covenant that He made with Abraham (Avraham).

In His role as the Kingly Messiah (Mashiach) known as Messiah ben David through the outpouring of the Holy Spirit (Ruach HaKodesh), the G-d of Israel would redeem and restore both houses of Israel and gather them from all the nations and bring them back to the land of Israel in the end of days at the advent of the Messianic Age (Athid Lavo). (Isaiah [Yeshayahu] 49:5-6, Ezekiel (Yechezekel) 36:24-28, 37:15-28, Acts 1:6-8.

THE ROLE OF THE MESSIAH TO FULFILL
G-D’S COVENANT WITH ABRAHAM

The Jewish Messiah (Mashiach) Yeshua/Jesus came from the tribe of Judah to play the role of the kinsman redeemer (go’el) in order to fulfill G-d’s promise to Abraham (Avraham) through His mercy to David and his seed (Romans 1:3, Hebrews 7:14, Revelation 5:5).

The Jewish Messiah (Mashiach) Yeshua/Jesus came to reign over the house of Jacob forever. The house of Jacob refers to a united Northern Kingdom (the house of Israel, Ephraim, the house of Joseph/Christianity) AND the Southern Kingdom (the house of Judah/Judaism). In Luke 1:31-33 it is written:

"And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS [YESHUA]. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob forever: and of his kingdom there shall be no end."

In Luke 1:67-73, Zacharias prophesied by the Holy Spirit (Ruach HaKodesh) that the G-d of Israel would redeem His people by bringing a deliverer (go’el) from the house of David to fulfill His covenant with Abraham (Avraham) as it is written:

"And his father Zacharias, was filled with the Holy Spirit, and prophesied, saying, Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people, And hath raised up a horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David; As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began: That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us; To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant; The oath which he swore to our father Abraham."

Through the words given to him by the Holy Spirit (Ruach HaKodesh), Zacharias is relating how the redemptive plan of the G-d of Israel would be accomplished by the Jewish Messiah (Mashiach) Yeshua/Jesus being a kinsman redeemer (go’el) to His people through the mercy that He promised David to fulfill the covenant that He made with Abraham (Avraham). When this redemption is complete, the Jewish Messiah (Mashiach) Yeshua/Jesus will rule over a united Israel, the house of Jacob, forever (Luke 1:31-33).

THE ROLE OF THE MESSIAH
AS MESSIAH BEN DAVID

The Jewish Messiah (Mashiach) Yeshua/Jesus is likened unto David. One of the titles of the Jewish Messiah (Mashiach) is Messiah ben David. How is the Jewish Messiah (Mashiach) Yeshua/Jesus associated with David? Let us examine how this is so.

David was from Bethlehem in the land of Judah (I Samuel [Sh’muel] 17:12).

Bethlehem is called the city of David (Luke 2:4).
Yeshua was born in Bethlehem (Matthew 2:1).

G-d called David, "His Son" (II Samuel 7:14).

Yeshua is called G-d’s son (Matthew 3:16-17).
Yeshua is called the "Son of David" (Luke 18:38-39).

G-d promised David that his throne would be forever (Psalm [Tehillim] 89:3-4).

Yeshua/Jesus came to sit on the throne of David (Luke 1:31-32).

David desired to build a house for the name of G-d (I Chronicles 28:2).

Yeshua/Jesus was faithful to build the house of G-d (Hebrews 3:4-6).

G-d made a covenant of mercy with David (Psalm (Tehillim) 89:1-3, 31-34).

Yeshua/Jesus extends mercy upon all those who believe on His name (Luke 18:38-39).

David went from being a shepherd to a king (II Samuel [Sh’muel] 7:8.

Yeshua/Jesus came at His first coming as a shepherd (John [Yochanan] 10:11)
Yeshua/Jesus will come during His second coming as a King (Zechariah [Zecharyah] 14:4, 9)

Yeshua has the key of David (Revelation 3:7).

Yeshua is the root and offspring of David (Revelation 22:16).

Last edited by Pamela on Fri May 23, 2008 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Pamela

Pamela
Admin
Admin

THE FULLNESS OF G-D’S COVENANT
WITH ABRAHAM

The fullness of the covenant that the G-d of Israel made with Abraham (Avraham) has not yet been fulfilled. Let’s reexamine several scriptures again so that we can understand the fullness of the covenant that the G-d of Israel made with Abraham (Avraham). In Genesis (Bereishit) 17:7-8 it is written:

"And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee. And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein you are a stranger, ALL the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God."

While the covenant is unconditional and everlasting, the fulfillment of the covenant is conditional upon the family of the G-d of Israel being obedient to His Torah, commandments and statutes.

In Leviticus (Vayikra) 26:3, 11-12 it is written:

"IF you walk in my statutes, and keep my commandments, and do them ... And I will set my tabernacle among you: and my soul shall not abhor you. And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and you shall be my people."

The fullness of the G-d of Israel’s covenant with Abraham (Avraham) consists of the following:

The family of the G-d of Israel keeping His Torah (because it is written upon their heart).

The family of the G-d of Israel living in the land of Israel (after being scattered in the nations of the earth).

The G-d of Israel setting up His tabernacle and dwelling with His people (through the Jewish Messiah (Mashiach) during the Messianic Age).

THE ROLE OF THE MESSIAH
TO UNITE BOTH HOUSES OF ISRAEL

Two primary functions of the Jewish Messiah (Mashiach) is to bring salvation to the Gentiles (non-Jews who would be grafted into the olive tree of the G-d of Israel) and to gather both houses of Israel, the Northern Kingdom (house of Israel / Christianity) and the Southern Kingdom (house of Judah/Judaism) back to the land of Israel in the end of days. These two things can be seen in Isaiah (Yeshayahu) 49:5-6 as it is written:

"And now, saith the Lord that formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob [all twelve tribes] again to him, Though Israel be not gathered, yet shall I be glorious in the eyes of the Lord, and my God shall be my strength. And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth."

During the first coming of the Jewish Messiah (Mashiach) Yeshua / Jesus as the suffering Messiah known as Messiah ben Yosef/Joseph, He brought salvation to the Gentiles (non-Jews who would be grafted into the olive tree of the G-d of Israel). During the second coming of the Jewish Messiah (Mashiach) Yeshua/Jesus as the Kingly Messiah known as Messiah ben David, He will restore the preserved (remnant) from both houses of Israel and bring them back to the land of Israel through the outpouring of the G-d of Israel’s Holy Spirit (Ruach HaKodesh).

THE GATHERING OF THE EXILES
BACK TO THE LAND OF ISRAEL

In Acts 1:6-8, the disciples (talmidim) asked the Jewish Messiah (Mashiach) Yeshua/Jesus if He was going to "restore the kingdom to Israel" (redeem, restore and gather all twelve tribes from exile and bring them back to the land of Israel) during His first coming as the suffering Messiah known as Messiah ben Yosef/Joseph. The Jewish Messiah (Mashiach) Yeshua/Jesus answered by saying that this event would happen through the outpouring of the Holy Spirit (Ruach HaKodesh) upon those who would be witnesses of this restoration at a later time. In Acts 1:6-9 it is written:

"When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, will thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father has put in his own power. But ye shall receive power after that the Holy Ghost [Ruach HaKadesh] is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses [of the restoration of all twelve tribes back to the land of Israel] unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight."

From a Jewish (house of Judah) perspective, the very last words of a person can be prophetic and very significant. For example, Jacob (Ya’acov) blessed his twelve sons and told them their prophetic destiny on his deathbed (Genesis [Bereishit] 49). Therefore, the last words of the Jewish Messiah (Mashiach) Yeshua/Jesus before He ascended into the heavenlies are very significant. THE EVENT which He reminded His followers to understand is the restoration and gathering of the exiles from both the Northern Kingdom (house of Israel/Christianity) and the Southern Kingdom (house of Judah/Judaism) back to the land of Israel from all the nations of the world through the outpouring of the G-d of Israel’s Holy Spirit (Ruach HaKodesh). This event is associated to His second coming as the Kingly Messiah (Mashiach) known as Messiah ben David. This is the fulfillment of the prophecy in Ezekiel [Yechezekel] 37:15-28.

EPHRAIM (CHRISTIANITY) AND JUDAH (JUDAISM)
BECOME ONE HOUSE

In Ezekiel (Yechezekel) 37:15-27, the G-d of Israel promised that He would unite the two houses of Israel, Ephraim (house of Israel / Christianity) and Judah (house of Judah/Judaism), and bring them back to the land of Israel in the end of days. When they return to the land of Israel after being scattered in all the nations of the world, they will return in repentance (teshuvah) and keep the Torah of the G-d of Israel. After this event, the G-d of Israel promised to set up His tabernacle (Mishkan) and dwell with His people through His servant David (the Jewish Messiah [Mashiach] Yeshua/Jesus) and usher in the Messianic Age (Athid Lavo). In Ezekiel (Yechezekel) 37:15-27 it is written:

"The word of the Lord came again unto me, saying, Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions: And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand. And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, Wilt thou not show us what thou meanest by these? Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph [CHRISTIANITY], which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah [JUDAISM], and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand. And the sticks whereon thou writest shall be in thine hand before their eyes. And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land: And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel [WEST BANK]; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all: Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions [TESHUVAH]: but I will save them out of all their dwelling places, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God. And David my servant [THE JEWISH MESSIAH] shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them. And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt [THE LAND OF ISRAEL]; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children’s children forever: and my servant David shall be their prince forever. Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them forevermore [THE MESSIANIC AGE]. My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people."

In Ezekiel (Yechezekel) 37:15-27, we see the fulfillment of the G-d of Israel’s covenant with Abraham (Avraham) based upon the following:

The family of the G-d of Israel living in the land of Israel (after being scattered in all the nations of the earth) (Ezekiel [Yechezekel] 37:21-22, 25).

The family of the G-d of Israel (Christianity and Judaism) repenting (teshuvah) and keeping His Torah (because it is written upon their heart) (Ezekiel [Yechezekel] 37:23-24).

The G-d of Israel setting up His tabernacle (mishkan) so that He could dwell with His people (during the Messianic Age) (Ezekiel [Yechezekel] 37:23, 26-27).

The Kingly Messiah known as Messiah ben David, ruling over the family of the G-d of Israel (Yeshua/Jesus) (Ezekiel [Yechezekel] 37:22, 24).

Last edited by Pamela on Fri May 23, 2008 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Pamela

Pamela
Admin
Admin

EPHRAIM (CHRISTIANITY): THE PRODIGAL SON

In Luke 15:11-32, the Jewish Messiah (Mashiach) Yeshua/Jesus tells a parable about a prodigal son.

When the Jewish Messiah (Mashiach) Yeshua/Jesus came to the earth at His first coming as the suffering Messiah (Mashiach) known as Messiah ben Yosef/Joseph, the Northern Kingdom (house of Israel) had already been scattered and assimilated into the nations of the world for over 700 years because they had broken the marriage contract at mount Sinai and rebelled against the Torah of the G-d of Israel. The two sons in the parable refer to the two houses of Israel, the house of Israel (the Northern Kingdom) and the house of Judah (the Southern Kingdom). In Jeremiah (Yermiyahu) 31:20, Ephraim (house of Israel) is called a son of the G-d of Israel who has rebelled against the G-d of Israel and His Torah and has a desire to repent (teshuvah). Therefore, Ephraim (house of Israel) is the prodigal son in the parable.

The Northern Kingdom, Ephraim/house of Israel, is also a spiritual picture of future Christianity. Following the death and resurrection of the Jewish Messiah (Mashiach) Yeshua/Jesus, the early believers in Yeshua/Jesus as the Jewish Messiah (Mashiach) were considered a sect of Judaism (Acts 28:22). At this time, they kept the Biblical Sabbath (from Friday sundown to Saturday sundown) and the Biblical festivals (Leviticus [Vayikra] 23.

As the body of believers in the Jewish Messiah (Mashiach) Yeshua/Jesus became more and more non-Jewish, some of the leaders of the movement became anti-Semitic and encouraged the people to not obey the Torah of the G-d of Israel. Eventually, this ushered in the dark ages and brought unfathomable hardship to the Jewish people (house of Judah).

In modern days, more and more members of the house of Israel/Christianity are repenting (teshuvah) of the sins of their fathers and embracing the Hebraic/Jewish roots of their faith in Messiah. In doing so, there is an increased desire among a remnant in the house of Israel/Christianity to keep the Torah and the commandments of the G-d of Israel. The love of the Torah and keeping the commandments of the G-d of Israel is the key of David. The Jewish Messiah (Mashiach) Yeshua/Jesus has the key of David (Revelation 3:7).

In Luke 15:11-32 is the parable of the prodigal son as it is written:

"And he said, A certain man had two sons: And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living. And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living. And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land: and he began to be in want. And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine. And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him. And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father’s have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger! I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee, And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants. And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him. And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son. But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet: And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry: For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry. Now his elder son was in the field: and as he came and drew nigh to the house, he heard music and dancing. And he called one of the servants, and asked what these things meant. And he said unto him, Thy brother is come: and thy father hath killed the fatted calf, because he hath received him safe and sound. And he was angry, and would not go in: therefore came his father out, and entreated him. And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends: But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf. And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine. It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again: and was lost and is found."

Let us examine the details of this parable closer so that we can understand how the prodigal son is a reference to Ephraim who is a spiritual picture of future Christianity.

A certain man (G-d the Father) had two sons (Luke 15:11).

The elder son is Judah (house of Judah /Judaism) and the younger son is Ephraim (house of Israel/Christianity). Judaism dates back to the original marriage contract given at mount Sinai. Christianity dates back to the (renewed) marriage contract (Jeremiah [Yermiyahu] 31:31-33, Hebrew 10:15-16) through the death and resurrection of Yeshua/Jesus.

The younger son (the Northern Kingdom, Ephraim/Christianity) spent his inheritance on riotous living (by departing from the Torah of the G-d of Israel) and went to a far country (the nations of the world) and was feeding on swine (a reference to not obeying the Torah) (Luke 15:12-15).

There was a famine in the land (a famine of the hearing and teaching G-d’s Torah/Word — Amos 8:11) and he (younger son/Ephraim/Christianity) decided to return to his Father and repent before Him (for departing from Torah) (Luke 15:14-21).

The Father was waiting for his younger son (Ephraim/Christianity) to return to Torah. When he repented, G-d the Father extended mercy to Him (Jeremiah [Yermiyahu] 31:18-20) (because of G-d’s promise to David) and forgave him (Luke 15:21-24).

The joy of the Father was so great when the younger son (Ephraim/Christianity) returned (back to Torah) that the Father (the G-d of Israel) decided to fit him with the best robe (wedding garment) and put a ring on his hand (wedding terminology) (Jeremiah [Yermiyahu] 31:18-22, Luke 15:21-24) which is a reference to the Messianic Age [Athid Lavo].

The elder son (Judah/Judaism) was in the field and inquired about the celebration that the father was giving the younger son (Luke 15:25-26).

It was told to the elder son (Judah/Judaism) that the younger son (Ephraim/Christianity) had repented (returned to Torah) and the Father was waiting for the younger son’s (Ephraim/Christianity) return and now that he has returned, there will be a wedding party (the advent of the Messianic Age/Athid Lavo) (Luke 15:27).

The older son (Judah/Judaism) was upset because he told his Father that he had never departed from the commandments (Torah) and the Father never had a wedding party (ushered in the Messianic Age/Athid Lavo) for him. But now after the younger son (Ephraim/Christianity) had departed from Torah and repented, the Father was having a wedding party (usher in the Messianic Age/Athid Lavo) for the younger son. (Luke 15:28-30).

It was told the older son (Judah/Judaism) that he was forever with the Father (Luke 15:31-32).

Therefore, when the prodigal son (Ephraim/house of Israel/Christianity) repents (teshuvah) for departing from the Torah of the G-d of Israel, the G-d of Israel will celebrate with the greatest family reunion party that you can ever imagine — the ushering in of the Messianic Age!!!

Pamela

Pamela
Admin
Admin

G-D’S PEOPLE FLEEING FROM
THE LAND OF BABYLON

Today, the greatest number of members from the house of Israel/Christianity and the house of Judah/Judaism live in the United States. When the two houses of Israel become united (Ezekiel [Yechezekel] 37:15-28, the house of Israel/Christianity and the house of Judah/Judaism will need to leave the USA and go to the land of Israel when the USA (Babylon) comes under the judgment of the G-d of Israel (Jeremiah [Yermiyahu] 50/51 and Revelation 18.

Spiritually (sod/deeper meaning), the USA is the land of Babylon. The word Babylon means "confusion." Babylon is a generic term in the Bible that refers to the ways of the adversary (HaSatan) and his kingdom of darkness. The Bible talks about a financial Babylon, a political Babylon, a religious Babylon and a land of Babylon. Literally (Peshat), the land of Babylon is the area of Iran and Iraq. However, today, very few members of the house of Israel/Christianity and the house of Judah/Judaism live in Iran and Iraq. Therefore, there must also be a spiritual (sod/deeper meaning) land of Babylon.

Today, the USA is the spiritual land of Babylon. The G-d of Israel’s greatest judgment of any nation on the earth will fall upon the USA because she has encouraged Israel to part the land (Joel [Yoel] 3:2) that the G-d of Israel promised Abraham (Avraham) (Genesis [Bereishit] 17:7-8 through UN Resolutions 242 and 338 and because the USA does not recognize Jerusalem (Yerushalayim) as being the capital of the nation of Israel but rather desires for it to be an international city. Furthermore, there is great immorality in the USA because of abortion, homosexuality, drugs, gambling and pornography etc.

The USA is the modern day Sodom and Gomorrah. In Jeremiah (Yermiyahu) 50:4-6, 17-18, 51:50 it is written:

"In those days and in that time [a reference to the day of the Lord and the advent of the Messianic Age], saith the Lord, the children of Israel shall come [the assimilated Northern Kingdom/house of Israel/Christianity], they and the children of Judah together [the Southern Kingdom/house of Judah/Judaism] going and weeping: they shall go, and seek the Lord their God. They shall ask the way to Zion [the land of Israel] with their faces thitherward, saying, Come, and let us join ourselves to the Lord in a perpetual covenant that shall not be forgotten. My people hath been lost sheep: their shepherds have caused them to go astray [pastors in the church and rabbi’s in the synagogues], they have turned them away on the mountains: they have gone from mountain to hill, they have forgotten their resting place ...Israel is a scattered sheep; the lions have driven him away: first the king of Assyria hath devoured him [the Northern Kingdom/house of Israel] and last this Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon hath broken his bones [the Southern Kingdom/house of Judah]. Therefore thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will punish the king of Babylon and his land, as I have punished the king of Assyria ... Ye that have escaped the sword, [the war in Babylon/the USA] go away, stand not still: remember the Lord afar off, and let Jerusalem come into your mind [return to the land of Israel]"

In these verses in Jeremiah, we see the following:

The children of Israel (the Northern Kingdom/Christianity) AND the children of Judah (the Southern Kingdom/Judaism) fleeing Babylon (the USA) and seeking their way to the land of Zion (the land of Israel) (Jeremiah [Yermiyahu] 50:4-5).

Their shepherds (religious leaders) in Christianity and Judaism have led the family of the G-d of Israel astray (Jeremiah [Yermiyahu] 50:6).

Those who have escaped the sword (war and judgment in the USA) are seeking the way to Jerusalem (Jeremiah [Yermiyahu] 51:50).

WHEN WILL THE TWO HOUSES
OF ISRAEL BE UNITED ???

In Hosea (Hoshea) 5:15, 6:1-4, it gives us a time reference when the two houses of Israel will be united as it is written:

"I will go and return to my place, till THEY acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction [the tribulation/Jacob’s trouble/the birth pangs of the Messiah/Chevlai shel Mashiach] they will seek me early. Come, and let us return unto the Lord: for he has torn, and he will heal us; he has smitten, and he will bind us up. After two days [2,000 years] will he revive us: in the third day [1,000-year Messianic Age/Athid Lavo] he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight. Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the Lord: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth. O Ephraim [house of Israel/Christianity] what shall I do unto thee? O Judah [house of Judah/Judaism] what shall I do unto thee? for your goodness is as a morning cloud, and as the early dew it goeth away."

Highlighting these verses, it says:

"I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence … in their affliction they will seek me early …after two days … his going forth is prepared as the morning … O Ephraim what shall I do unto thee? O Judah what shall I do unto thee?…"

In this scripture, it tells us that the Jewish Messiah (Mashiach) Yeshua/Jesus will not return to the earth as the Kingly Messiah known as Messiah ben David until THEY, Ephraim (the house of Israel/Christianity) and Judah (house of Judah/Judaism), acknowledge their offence. What offence does Ephraim (house of Israel/Christianity) have to acknowledge? What offence does Judah (house of Judah/Judaism) have to acknowledge? Ephraim (house of Israel/Christianity) has to acknowledge that they have departed from the Torah of the G-d of Israel and have called it a "strange thing" (Hosea [Hoshea] 8:12). Judah (house of Judah/Judaism) has to acknowledge that Yeshua/Jesus is the Jewish Messiah (Mashiach).

This will happen after two days (2,000 years) from the first coming of the Jewish Messiah (Mashiach) Yeshua/Jesus as the suffering Messiah known as Messiah ben Yosef/Joseph during their "affliction" which is a Jewish idiomatic phrase for the tribulation/Chevlai shel Mashiach/birth pangs of the Messiah/Jacob’s trouble.

THE REUNIFICATION OF EPHRAIM AND JUDAH
DURING JACOB’S TROUBLE

In Ezekiel (Yechezekel) 37:21-22 it tells us that when the two houses of Israel are united that they will return to the "mountains of Israel." The mountains of Israel are called in the Bible the mountains of Judea and Samaria. In the Western world, the mountains of Judea and Samaria are called the "West Bank." This is the land that the world wants Israel to give to the PLO so that they can have their PLO state.

By comparing Ezekiel (Yechezekel) 37:21-22 with Ezekiel (Yechezekel) 34:11-13, we can understand that the two houses will return to the "mountains of Israel" in a "dark and cloudy day." In Ezekiel (Yechezekel) 34:11-12 it is written:

"For thus says the Lord God; Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out. As a shepherd seeks out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the CLOUDY AND DARK DAY."

The "dark and cloudy day" is a Jewish idiom for the "day of the Lord." In Joel (Yoel) 2:1-2 it is written:

"Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the DAY OF THE LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand; A day of darkness and of gloominess, a DAY OF CLOUDS AND OF THICK DARKNESS…"

As we learned earlier in this book, the "day of the Lord" is a Jewish idiom for the 1,000-year Messianic Age (Athid Lavo). Furthermore, every Biblical day begins in the evening and ends in the morning (Genesis [Bereishit] 1. The "evening" part of the "day of the Lord" is the tribulation/Chevlai shel Mashiach/Jacob’s trouble. In Jeremiah (Yermiyahu) 30:1-7 it tells us that the two houses of Israel (Ephraim and Judah) will return to the land of Israel during Jacob’s trouble as it is written:

"The word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord, saying … For, lo, the days come says the Lord, that I will bring again the captivity of my people Israel AND Judah says the Lord: and I will cause them to return to the land that I gave to their fathers, and they shall possess it. And these are the words that the Lord spake concerning Israel AND concerning Judah. For thus says the Lord; We have heard a voice of trembling, of fear, and not of peace. Ask ye now, and see whether a man does travail with child? Wherefore do I see every man with his hands on his loins, as a woman in travail, [tribulation/birth pangs of the Messiah] and all faces are turned into paleness? Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob’s trouble [Israel AND Judah]; but he shall be saved out of it."

In Jeremiah (Yermiyahu) 31:15-22, we also see Ephraim (house of Israel/Christianity) repenting for departing from the Torah of the G-d of Israel and returning to the land of Israel when "a woman shall compass a man" (which is a reference to the Messianic Age/Athid Lavo) as it is written:

"Thus saith the Lord; A voice was heard in Ramah, lamentation, and bitter weeping; Rachel weeping for her children refused to be comforted for her children, because they were not. Thus saith the Lord; Refrain thy voice from weeping, and thine eyes from tears: for thy work shall be rewarded, saith the Lord; and they shall come again from the land of the enemy. And there is hope in thine end, saith the Lord, that thy children shall come again to their own border. I have surely heard Ephraim bemoaning himself thus; Thou hast chastised me, and I was chastised, as a bullock unaccustomed to the yoke: turn thou me, and I shall be turned; for thou art the Lord my God. Surely after that I was turned, I repented; and after that I was instructed, I smote upon my thigh: I was ashamed yea, even confounded, because I did bear the reproach of my youth. Is Ephraim my dear son? Is he a pleasant child? for since I spake against him, I do earnestly remember him still: therefore my bowels are troubled for him; I will surely have mercy upon him, saith the Lord. Set thee up waymarks, make thee high heaps: set thine heart toward the highway, even the way which thou wentest: turn again, O virgin daughter, turn again to these thy cities. How long wilt thou go about, O thou backsliding daughter? for the Lord hath created a new thing in the earth, A woman shall compass a man."

This period of time when Ephraim and Judah will be restored and reunited with each other (Ezekiel [Yechezekel] 37:15-28 is also called "the day of Jezreel." In Hosea (Hoshea) 1:10-11, it tells us that when the G-d of Israel fulfills His covenant with Abraham (Avraham) and the two houses of Israel are reunited that the children of Israel AND the children of Judah shall walk together as it is written:

"Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; [the words of G-d’s covenant with Abraham] and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, You are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, You are the sons of the living God. Then shall the children of Judah AND the children of Israel be gathered together, and appoint themselves one head [Ezekiel 34:11-13, 23, 37:24-25] and they shall come up out of the land: for great shall be the day of Jezreel."

In Jeremiah (Yermiyahu) 3:14, 17-18 it tells us that when the children of Israel and the children of Judah return to Zion (the land of Israel) and walk together that all nations will be gathered against Jerusalem (Yerushalayim) as it is written:

"Turn, O backsliding children says the Lord; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family and I will bring you to Zion … At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the Lord; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it [Zechariah 14:2] … in those days the house of Judah shall walk with the house of Israel, and they shall come TOGETHER out of the land of the north to the land that I have given for an inheritance unto your fathers."

Therefore, the two houses of Israel will be restored and reunited (Ezekiel 37:15-28 during Jacob’s trouble (Jeremiah 30:7) in their affliction (Hosea 5:15) in the "day of Jezreel" (Hosea 1:11) when they return to the mountains of Israel (West Bank) (Ezekiel 34:11-13, 37:21-22) and walk together with each other (Hosea 1:11, Jeremiah 3:18 prior to the Jewish Messiah (Mashiach) Yeshua/Jesus setting His feet down upon the mount of Olives (Zechariah 14:4) and teaching the Torah to the nations from the city of Jerusalem (Yerushalayim) during the Messianic Age (Athid Lavo) (Isaiah 2:2-3).

A PRAYER FOR THE MESSIANIC AGE

When the G-d of Israel made a covenant with Abraham, it was an eternal and everlasting covenant. The fulfillment of this covenant was dependent upon the seed of Abraham being obedient to the Torah of the G-d of Israel. By being obedient to the Torah of the G-d of Israel, the seed of Abraham was promised a land and the G-d of Israel would tabernacle with His people in this land. However, by being disobedient to the Torah of the G-d of Israel, the seed of Abraham would be exiled into all the nations of the earth.

After they were exiled, if the seed of Abraham repented and confessed their sins to the G-d of Israel, He promised to redeem them from all the nations where they have been scattered and bring them back to the land of Israel. The reunification of the seed of Abraham (the house of Israel and the house of Judah) would take place in the end of days prior to the coming of the Jewish Messiah and the establishment of the Messianic Age on the earth. During the Messianic Age, the G-d of Israel promised to tabernacle with His people through the Jewish Messiah.

This is the fullness of the covenant that the G-d of Israel made with Abraham. This is the Gospel according to Torah !!!

May the G-d of Israel redeem and restore the two houses of Israel and return them to the land of Israel and bring forth the Messianic age speedily in our Days.

Pamela

Pamela
Admin
Admin

This has been placed on my forum for a study. I have not read this material as of yet though I am interested in doing so.

I have do not have an opinion one way or the other as of yet.

Those who may want to go over board and yell "FALSE" information, know that I am in a search mode to seek truth or the falseness with this two house belief...

That is all...

Pamela

Pamela
Admin
Admin

Me replies are in RED...Will be starting with Chapter 1 and reading it through...
Pamela wrote:WHO ARE THE TWO HOUSES OF ISRAEL?

Who are the two houses of Israel? Historically, they were the Northern Kingdom (house of Israel) and the Southern Kingdom (house of Judah). Today, the two houses of the G-d of Israel are known by the more common names of Christianity (house of Israel) and Judaism (house of Judah). Both Christianity (house of Israel) and Judaism (house of Judah) worship the G-d of Israel. However, they have historically disagreed with the method of expressing true Biblical worship to the G-d of Israel. These disagreements have divided the children of the G-d of Israel into two houses of worship of the G-d of Israel. Why are the two houses of Israel (Christianity and Judaism) divided?
From the beginning, I do not yet see a "replacement theology" being described here. I see a unity of two houses being spoken about here. Not one replacing the other but coming together as one. In this opening paragraph I do not see EC description yet say that he is trying to replace Israel with the Church.

There are two MAJOR disagreements between the two houses of Israel (Christianity and Judaism). These two major disagreements are the role of the Torah in true Biblical worship of the G-d of Israel and who is the Jewish Messiah (Mashiach). In spite of these two disagreements, both houses of Israel have been used by the G-d of Israel to preserve the following two very important truths within the Kingdom of the G-d of Israel. Judaism (house of Judah) has preserved the truth that the Torah is eternal and is the Tree of Life given by the G-d of Israel. Christianity (house of Israel) has preserved the truth that Yeshua/Jesus is the Jewish Messiah (Mashiach). Even here, EC does NOT deny that Jesus is our (Gentiles) Savior. He still does not try to replace one with the other as far as I can can tell. He does however point out the two differences.

THE FAMILY OF THE G-D OF ISRAEL
IS LIKE AN OLIVE TREE

Allegorically speaking, the family (mishpochah) of the G-d of Israel is likened to an olive tree. In Jeremiah (Yermiyahu) 11:16-17 it is written:

"The Lord called thy name. A green olive tree … For the Lord of hosts, that planted thee … the house of Israel AND of the house of Judah …"

The house of Judah (Judaism) is the root and natural branches of the olive tree of the G-d of Israel. The house of Israel (Christianity) is GRAFTED into this olive tree. In Romans 11:13, 17 it is written:

"For I speak to you Gentiles [Christianity]… and thou, being a wild olive tree, wast grafted in among them [the natural root of the house of Judah]…"

From the viewpoint of the G-d of Israel, He only has one family (mishpochah) that consists of natural branches (house of Judah/Judaism) and wild branches (house of Israel/Christianity). The wild branches have been grafted into the natural root (house of Judah/Judaism). In Ephesians 4:3-6 it is written: (We, the Gentile were grafted in.)

"Endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit [Ruach] in the bond of peace [shalom].There is one body [kahal/congregation/ekklesia/church] … one Lord, one faith [emunah] … one God and Father of all, who is above all and through all, and in you all ."
There is ONE body, there has to be a union and this is what he is describing as far as I can see so far. Not replacement...

Last edited by Pamela on Fri May 30, 2008 8:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

Pamela

Pamela
Admin
Admin

Pamela wrote:A REJECTION OF REPLACEMENT THEOLOGY

It may be a new revelation to many members within traditional Judaism and Christianity that the house of the G-d of Israel is divided and that Judaism represents the house of Judah and Christianity represents the house of Israel. Furthermore, there are an increasing number of people within both houses of Israel to whom the G-d of Israel is revealing this truth through the outpouring of His Holy Spirit (Ruach HaKodesh).

There are various "Christian" groups who teach that there are two houses of Israel. However, some of these groups teach a poisonous and unbiblical doctrine of elitism (they are a special race of people) and replacement theology (they are the "new Israel") against the house of Judah (Judaism). Because of these poisonous and unbiblical doctrines, many within true Biblical Christianity (house of Israel) who reject the poisonous doctrines of elitism and replacement theology against the house of Judah (Judaism) are reluctant to accept the Biblical truth that there are two houses of Israel.

In embracing the truth of the two houses of Israel, this book REJECTS all forms, thought and intent of elitism and replacement theology against the house of Judah (Judaism). On the contrary, the purpose of this book is to promote restoration, reconciliation and unity between the house of Judah (Judaism) and the house of Israel (Christianity).

YOU MUST READ THE UNLINED! EC preaches AGAINST REPLACEMENT THEOLOGY AND ELITISM. He does not preach or teach replacement theology or elitism, and that is from his own words written in this book!!!

THE RESTORATION OF BOTH HOUSES OF ISRAEL <-------AMEN! A TWO (2) HOUSE TEACHING FOR RESTORATION!!!

In order for restoration and reconciliation to come to both houses of Israel, they need to repent (teshuvah) to the G-d of Israel and to each other. The house of Israel (Christianity) needs to embrace the Hebraic/Jewish roots of their faith in Yeshua/Jesus as Messiah (Mashiach). Meanwhile, the house of Judah (Judaism) needs to continue to follow the Torah of the G-d of Israel while maintaining and keeping their Jewish identity when accepting that Yeshua/Jesus is the Jewish Messiah (Mashiach). The repentance, reunification, reconciliation and unity of both houses of Israel are prophesied in Ezekiel (Yechezekel) 37:15-27 as it is written:

"The word of the Lord came again unto me, saying, Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions: And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand.(THERE IS YOUR ANSWER AS TO HOW EPHRAIM STEPS IN.) And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, Wilt thou not show us what thou meanest by these? Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand. And the sticks whereon thou writest shall be in thine hand before their eyes. And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land: And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all: Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwelling places, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God. And David my servant [Messiah ben David] shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them [follow the Torah of the G-d of Israel]. And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children’s children forever: and my servant David [Messiah ben David] shall be their prince forever. Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them; and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them forevermore [the Messianic Age/Athid Lavo]. My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people ."

Last edited by Pamela on Fri May 30, 2008 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pamela

Pamela
Admin
Admin

Pamela wrote:MAY BRETHREN DWELL TOGETHER IN UNITY <- Not replaced but they did what? Dwelt in UNITY!

When and how will the two houses be reunited? This book will examine some of the theological issues that have historically divided the two houses of Israel and when and how they will be reunited in the end of days.

The first part of the book will discuss some of the theological issues that have historically divided the two houses of Israel. Among the items that will be studied are the issues of Torah and grace, the Sabbath (Shabbat), the Jewishness of the Messiah (Mashiach), the deity of the Jewish Messiah (Mashiach), the 7,000 year plan of the G-d of Israel and who is the church and who is Israel.

The second part of the book will focus on how and when the two houses will be reunified in the end of days. The importance of the birth of the modern day state of Israel, the city of Jerusalem (Yerushalayim) and the role that Israel’s peace agreements with her Arab neighbors will play in the eventual reunification of both houses of Israel will be studied. By parting the land of the G-d of Israel (Joel [Yoel] 3:2) and the city of Jerusalem (Zechariah [Zecharyah] 14:2), the G-d of Israel will judge the nations. When the two houses of Israel repent and are redeemed, restored, reconciled and dwell together in unity, the following events will occur.

The exile of both houses of Israel will end and they will return to the land of Israel (Ezekiel [Yechezekel] 37:15-27).

The Jewish Messiah (Mashiach) will dwell with His people teaching the Torah to all nations from the city of Jerusalem (Yerushalayim) during the Messianic Age (Athid Lavo) (Isaiah [Yeshayahu] 2:2-3).

May brethren from both houses of Israel dwell together in unity. In Psalm (Tehillim) 133 it is written:

"Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren [from the house of Israel (Christianity) and the house of Judah (Judaism)] to dwell together in unity! It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron’s beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments; As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the Lord commanded the blessing, even life forevermore ."

May the G-d of Israel pour out His Holy Spirit (Ruach HaKodesh) and bring restoration, reconciliation and unity to both the house of Judah (Judaism) and the house of Israel (Christianity) speedily in our days. Amen!

Pamela

Pamela
Admin
Admin

Pamela wrote:WHO IS THE CHURCH AND WHO IS ISRAEL? <---This is the big question????

In order for full restoration to come to both the house of Judah (Judaism) and the house of Israel (Christianity), both houses of Israel need to understand the Biblical terms "church" and "Israel." In today’s world, the term "church" is traditionally identified and associated with the house of Israel (Christianity) while the term "Israel" is traditionally identified and associated with the house of Judah (Jews/Judaism). No replacement yet, as a matter of fact he REJECTS replacement!

In this chapter, we will examine the Biblical terms "church" and "Israel." In doing so, we will discover that the "church" was born at mount Sinai. Furthermore, we will discover that the Biblical term "Israel" refers to the family (mishpochah) of the G-d of Israel that is likened in the Bible to an "olive tree." In the Biblical "olive tree" allegory, "Israel" consists of the natural root of the olive tree (natural born Jews). The wild olive branches are those who have been grafted (non-Jews from the nations who believe in the G-d of Israel and have accepted Yeshua/Jesus as the Jewish Messiah [Mashiach]) (Romans 11:13-26) into the natural root. As long as there is a sun, moon and stars in the heavens, the natural root (natural born Jews) will remain a part of the olive tree of the G-d of Israel (Jeremiah [Yermiyahu] 31:35-37).This is a very enlighting paragraph....Not only does he reconize that there are TWO houses of Israel but he in an earlier paragraph rejects replacement and elitism.

THE GREEK WORD FOR CHURCH IS EKKLESIA

In the King James translation of the Bible, the English word "church" is only found in the New Testament (Brit Hadashah). For this reason, the word "church" is most often associated with the house of Israel (Christianity). The English word "church" is the Strong’s word 1577 in the Strong’s Greek dictionary. It is the Greek word, "ekklesia." In the Strong’s Greek dictionary, the Greek word, "ekklesia" is defined as "a calling out, a popular meeting, a religious congregation, a Jewish synagogue or Christian community of members on earth or saints in heaven or both."

THE HEBREW WORD FOR CHURCH IS KAHAL

In the Thayer’s Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament numerically coded to the Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance, it will give a more complete and detailed definition of the Greek word, "ekklesia." The Thayer’s Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament will define the Greek word, "ekklesia" to mean "an assembly" and will explain that the corresponding equivalent word in the Septuagint (Jewish Scriptures translated into the Greek language/the Old Testament [TeNaKh]) as being the Hebrew word, "kahal." The Hebrew word "kahal" is the Strong’s word 6951 in the Strong’s Hebrew dictionary and is defined to mean, "an assembly, congregation, company, multitude."

ECCLESIASTES IS DERIVED
FROM THE GREEK WORD FOR CHURCH

The book of the Bible named "Ecclesiastes" is derived from the Greek word "ekklesia." In the introduction to the book of Ecclesiastes in the Hebrew-Greek Key Study Bible (King James Version) by Spiros Zodhiates published by AMG publishers, the following observation is made about the title of the book, "Ecclesiastes":

"The title of this book in Hebrew, Qoheleth (6953), is the word translated as ‘Preacher’ in chapter one, verse one. The English title is the transliteration of the title in the Septuagint, the Greek translation of the Old Testament. The Greek word Ekklesiastes, which means ‘speaker of a called out assembly,’ is derived from the word ekklesia (1577) which is the New Testament word for ‘church’."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum