The Grace Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Grace Place is a forum that shares the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you are not saved but would like to know more, please contact one of the moderators for assistance.

AWTJ BOOKS IS A PLACE WHERE INDIE AUTHORS CAN GATHER TO DISCUSS, ADVERTISE, AND PROMOTE THEIR WORK FOR FREE. EVEN IF YOU HAVEN'T WRITTEN A BOOK, YOU ARE FREE TO JOIN TOO. FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS AN AUTHOR'S WORK, OR GIVE A REVIEW! WE DO NOT ALLOW EXPLICIT CONTENT OR WITCHCRAFT BOOKS.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is God really all alone?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is God really all alone? Empty Is God really all alone? Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:31 pm

Anonymous

I was today in the library reading through many different translations of the three holy books. I wanted to compare the book Genesis. While I was reading through them I read something that made me wonder.

Have you noticed that the term God uses to talk about himself changes? Normally He says "I" if he speaks to the prophets (I'm your god), but during the creation of the world He uses "us". (Let us create humans) After that, he speaks to the humans and says something like "See I gave you the world".
As I said, I read through different translations and it was always the same. Even the tora uses us and I at the same parts. That's quite interesting since modern Bible translation are from the Latin Bible and the tora is translated from Hebrew.
Does someone has the explanation why it is like that. Most people here have better knowledge about the Bible than I have and you all know the english translations.

2Is God really all alone? Empty Re: Is God really all alone? Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:00 pm

Pamela

Pamela
Admin
Admin

The term "US" is referring to the 3 persons of God...The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit.

Some say that the "US" speaks of angels, it cannot be so, why? Because the angels cannot create, only God can...

When God speaks in terms of "I", that is just what He means..Only He can do what the text is saying...

He is not alone, Jesus is there at His right Hand...There are angels that fill the heavens...He created us for fellowship and loves it when we include Him in our lives....

http://awtj.webs.com

3Is God really all alone? Empty Re: Is God really all alone? Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:06 pm

Anonymous

This is interesting, but the trinity is hardly meant in Genesis, the creation of the world was before Jesus.

I checked the commandments and it's only I and not us. And also is not specified that god is the only god, but the only god we should pray to.

It's just that I wonder, are there other gods who helped him creating the world. (I know, get's quite blasphemic) I gonna follow that thought within the next days.

4Is God really all alone? Empty Re: Is God really all alone? Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:20 pm

Pamela

Pamela
Admin
Admin

Mr.Killerguitar wrote:This is interesting, but the trinity is hardly meant in Genesis, the creation of the world was before Jesus.

I checked the commandments and it's only I and not us. And also is not specified that god is the only god, but the only god we should pray to.

It's just that I wonder, are there other gods who helped him creating the world. (I know, get's quite blasphemic) I gonna follow that thought within the next days.
Jesus always was...All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him (Matthew 11:27).

Jesus Is The Eternal God

Jesus has been God from all eternity. Since all three persons are equally and fully God they have existed from all eternity.

So now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had in your presence before the world existed. Father, I desire that those also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory, which you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world (John 17:5, 24).

Jesus Had A Role In Creation

For example, God the Father spoke, the words that brought the universe into existence while God the Son was the agent who brought them to pass. The Bible says of Jesus.

All things came into being through him, and without him not one thing came into being. What has come into being (John 1:3).

There are no other Gods...

5Is God really all alone? Empty Re: Is God really all alone? Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:39 pm

Anonymous

It's good that you know so much in those topics. This clears the stuff really up to me. And I see, you're right.

But I'll still foloow my thought for a while, maybe I find something else ;P

6Is God really all alone? Empty Re: Is God really all alone? Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:52 am

Pamela

Pamela
Admin
Admin

Mr.Killerguitar wrote:It's good that you know so much in those topics. This clears the stuff really up to me. And I see, you're right.

But I'll still foloow my thought for a while, maybe I find something else ;P
Oh most certainly...Each person must seek it out on their own...

When ever we ask questions or even sit and hear our preachers, we still must take what we've been given by them and seek out the truth in it...We get that truth through the Holy Spirit revealing it to us...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum