The Grace Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Grace Place is a forum that shares the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you are not saved but would like to know more, please contact one of the moderators for assistance.

AWTJ BOOKS IS A PLACE WHERE INDIE AUTHORS CAN GATHER TO DISCUSS, ADVERTISE, AND PROMOTE THEIR WORK FOR FREE. EVEN IF YOU HAVEN'T WRITTEN A BOOK, YOU ARE FREE TO JOIN TOO. FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS AN AUTHOR'S WORK, OR GIVE A REVIEW! WE DO NOT ALLOW EXPLICIT CONTENT OR WITCHCRAFT BOOKS.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What about tithing......

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What about tithing...... Empty What about tithing...... Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:43 am

Anonymous

I've heard many different teachings on this subject.

The questions being:

Do we have to tithe?
How much should we tithe?
Where do we place a tithe?
Ect.....?

I'd like to read what others here have to say about this subject.

In the old testament the tithe was given to sustain the priest, temple and those in need. So because God is the same yesterday, today and forever then HIS laws are too.......so, does someone give a tithe to further the gospel by always giving it to a church or ministry or can a 10% of your income be given to those around you that you see in need? Because isn't that the same as furthering the gospel? Is it the gospel in real action? I have my answer to this query but wondered what others understand the word to say.......

Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in
mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I
will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing,
that there shall not be room enough to receive it. Malachi 3:10

2What about tithing...... Empty Re: What about tithing...... Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:07 pm

Pamela

Pamela
Admin
Admin

Do we have to tithe? I trend to look at tithe and call it sowing and reaping. We can do both in all aspects of our lives IMO. I can tithe love, patience, peace into a person's life or tithe to the church in way of a monetary gift.

How much should we tithe? I personally believe it can be endless to what's in your heart.

Where do we place a tithe? In the church or in peoples lives...

I just don't limit it to placing a check of 10% in the bucket each Sunday...I know some believe the tithe being 10% before or after taxes...

http://awtj.webs.com

3What about tithing...... Empty Re: What about tithing...... Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:30 pm

Anonymous

Do we have to tithe? I trend to look at tithe and call it sowing and
reaping. We can do both in all aspects of our lives IMO. I can tithe
love, patience, peace into a person's life or tithe to the church in
way of a monetary gift.
Yes, that is basically how I understand tithing. We not only can tithe money but we can tithe time and talents to the work of the Lord.

How much should we tithe? I personally believe it can be endless to what's in your heart.
Yes.

Where do we place a tithe? In the church or in peoples lives...

I just don't limit it to placing a check of 10% in the bucket each
Sunday...I know some believe the tithe being 10% before or after
taxes...
Yes, if we see a need then we should give with a happy heart. God loves a cheerful giver.

4What about tithing...... Empty Re: What about tithing...... Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:55 pm

Pamela

Pamela
Admin
Admin

Yes, amen...That's the key, being a cheerful giver.

5What about tithing...... Empty Re: What about tithing...... Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:41 pm

Anonymous

I have many in my family that struggled with this area. What I mean by that is they dont really want to give, it is painful to do so, and obay. So they feed off each other, teaching each other that If I cant afford it, I will not tith, at all. That G-d owns everything, and doesnt need my money. That G-d didnt tell me to. Aswell as that was in the old law, so we dont have to...and the list is many.

I have seen my own husband struggle with this, even after he was one of those believers that came you cant out give G-d, that G-d blesses what is left and that we never wanted for anything when doing it. But I seen him go under his mothers teaching, that she doesnt have to give, and she got that from her older son that has 4times as much money as we did, and could give but just didnt want to. AFter his parents stopped, they lost everything, and is now living with their 5th move, living with another family member.

I dont like confronting my husband about things and avoiled it big time. Well, I just got sick of not having milk from my daughter, when we needed it so badly. I confronted him, and demanded prof of tithing...he couldnt give it...he had gone for over 4 years with out giving. I told him he must start again, ask G-d to for give him and start doing it the next sunday. Well, he didnt and went for some time. I tithed on my birthday money, telling G-d I would, even with what little I had. Then I got the job I had, and sold some paintings, I tithed again. My husband then took my money for a time. But when I seen I wasnt saling or making money as I was. I told him I wanted my money, I was going to tith on it. Well, he went down a long, long list of way it was justified not to tith. I just was sick of it, and told him he was a stealing, and told him he was a theif. It was shocking, even more so being I just had it boldly come right out of my mouth. Not like me at all!

Well, we have gone for some time, and I keep after him, and he sees I give, even from what little I have, and I get everything I ask for on my prayer lists to G-d. He helps me find what I need, and somethings I just like and want...just because he can!

Well, He is back to giving now. It took some time but he is giving again.

I dont know it this helps but, that it my story...

Hugs!

6What about tithing...... Empty Re: What about tithing...... Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:31 am

Pamela

Pamela
Admin
Admin

Some people do struggle in this area. What does not help is when a pastor harps on this every Sunday.

That is one thing we do not do at all. We have a tithing area in our church, if you tithe that is between you and God. It is not preached from the pulpit. If a babe in Christ comes in and has no clue as to what it is, we pray that God places a desire in their heart to ask.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum