The Grace Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Grace Place is a forum that shares the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you are not saved but would like to know more, please contact one of the moderators for assistance.

AWTJ BOOKS IS A PLACE WHERE INDIE AUTHORS CAN GATHER TO DISCUSS, ADVERTISE, AND PROMOTE THEIR WORK FOR FREE. EVEN IF YOU HAVEN'T WRITTEN A BOOK, YOU ARE FREE TO JOIN TOO. FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS AN AUTHOR'S WORK, OR GIVE A REVIEW! WE DO NOT ALLOW EXPLICIT CONTENT OR WITCHCRAFT BOOKS.
Similar topics

You are not connected. Please login or register

Saved by GRACE, not by Works...

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Saved by GRACE, not by Works... Empty Saved by GRACE, not by Works... Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:15 am

Anonymous

What does it mean Saved by GRACE, not by our works?

Ephesians 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) 6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: 7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

As you grow in HIS GRACE, you will want to do things for HIM. It is not by your own works but the HOLY SPIRIT ANNOINTING and QUICKENING within you that you will be able to WORK in the SPIRIT in which the LORD has moved you...do not labor in vain, but give everything that you do, to the LORD. You will find in time, that you can't outlove the LORD. But HE will well up within you a SPIRIT of LOVE that will overflow and be passed on to others. HE wants you to pass on the LOVE!

You are not under the LAW, but under HIS GRACE. No man can fulfill the LAW, except JESUS. Because JESUS was the only one who could be the LAMB that takes away our sins.

Romans 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. 15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. 16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? 17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

It truly is a beautiful love affair with our LORD and SAVIOR! AMEN.

2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Rest assured, you are a Child of the KING!

2Saved by GRACE, not by Works... Empty Re: Saved by GRACE, not by Works... Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:17 am

Pamela

Pamela
Admin
Admin

Yes, it is truly a real rest knowing that we are saved by GRACE....

Praise the Lord..

http://awtj.webs.com

3Saved by GRACE, not by Works... Empty Re: Saved by GRACE, not by Works... Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:52 am

Anonymous

Susan wrote:What does it mean Saved by GRACE, not by our works?

Ephesians 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) 6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: 7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

As you grow in HIS GRACE, you will want to do things for HIM. It is not by your own works but the HOLY SPIRIT ANNOINTING and QUICKENING within you that you will be able to WORK in the SPIRIT in which the LORD has moved you...do not labor in vain, but give everything that you do, to the LORD. You will find in time, that you can't outlove the LORD. But HE will well up within you a SPIRIT of LOVE that will overflow and be passed on to others. HE wants you to pass on the LOVE!

You are not under the LAW, but under HIS GRACE. No man can fulfill the LAW, except JESUS. Because JESUS was the only one who could be the LAMB that takes away our sins.

Romans 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. 15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. 16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? 17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

It truly is a beautiful love affair with our LORD and SAVIOR! AMEN.

2 Corinthians 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Rest assured, you are a Child of the KING!
Thank God I am not a workaholic...

Gal 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

The cross goes back to Adam....

Jos 3:16 That the waters which came down from above stood [and] rose up upon an heap very far from the city Adam, that [is] beside Zaretan: and those that came down toward the sea of the plain, [even] the salt sea, failed, [and] were cut off: and the people passed over right against Jericho. Jos 3:17 And the priests that bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD stood firm on dry ground in the midst of Jordan, and all the Israelites passed over on dry ground, until all the people were passed clean over Jordan.

4Saved by GRACE, not by Works... Empty Re: Saved by GRACE, not by Works... Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:15 am

Anonymous

My mother was a perfectionist...but she knew that there was absolutley nothing she could do, to gain entrance into heaven, but by the BLOOD of the LAMB. She was saved by HIS GRACE, and she would often stop her daily routine, to thank the LORD for HIS GOODNESS and MERCY. I still remember her reading the BIBLE and pondering the meanings that she couldn't comprehend. But she always, told me, that the WORD was manefested by GOD, and oneday we would all understand it.

One of her favorite sayings of the day, was; "I might have gone fishing, just thinking it over...but I work my fingers to the bone instead."

HIS MERCY

HIS GRACE

HIS ANNOINTING

HIS CHILD

It all comes down to this, we were not worthy, but HE made a WAY! AMEN! JESUS is the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE.

5Saved by GRACE, not by Works... Empty Re: Saved by GRACE, not by Works... Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:44 am

Anonymous

That was a nice story. I love to hear stories from others.

H.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]