The Grace Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Grace Place is a forum that shares the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you are not saved but would like to know more, please contact one of the moderators for assistance.

AWTJ BOOKS IS A PLACE WHERE INDIE AUTHORS CAN GATHER TO DISCUSS, ADVERTISE, AND PROMOTE THEIR WORK FOR FREE. EVEN IF YOU HAVEN'T WRITTEN A BOOK, YOU ARE FREE TO JOIN TOO. FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS AN AUTHOR'S WORK, OR GIVE A REVIEW! WE DO NOT ALLOW EXPLICIT CONTENT OR WITCHCRAFT BOOKS.
Similar topics

You are not connected. Please login or register

When the Veil was torn in half... a question.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Anonymous

Here is the scripture:

Matthew 27:50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. 51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; 52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, 53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many. 54 Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the Son of God.

Mark 15:37 And Jesus cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost. 38 And the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom. 39 And when the centurion, which stood over against him, saw that he so cried out, and gave up the ghost, he said, Truly this man was the Son of God.

Luke 23:42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. 43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise. 44 And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour. 45 And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst. 46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost. 47 Now when the centurion saw what was done, he glorified God, saying, Certainly this was a righteous man.

and here:

Hebrews 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; 17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more. 18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin. 19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, 20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; 21 And having an high priest over the house of God; 22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. 23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) 24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: 25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. 26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. 28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: 29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. 32 But call to remembrance the former days, in which, after ye were illuminated, ye endured a great fight of afflictions; 33 Partly, whilst ye were made a gazingstock both by reproaches and afflictions; and partly, whilst ye became companions of them that were so used. 34 For ye had compassion of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance. 35 Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. 36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. 37 For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry. 38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. 39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

When the veil was torn in half, how does this solidify the OT Covenant and the NT Covenant?

How does this effect the Hewbrew Children's promise, and the NT promise of grafting in the gentiles?

Anonymous

bump...

Pamela

Pamela
    Admin
    Admin

The high priest in the OT atoned for the sins of the people...

The High Priest, Jesus, atoned for the sins once and for all...
    Upon doing this, we are granted the right to go boldly into the throne room to atone for our sins without the fear of death...

Your second question : Since I am currently studying something that is showing me that the Gentiles are the lost 10 tribes, I will have to reserve my answer for now...

http://awtj.webs.com

Anonymous

Pamela wrote:The high priest in the OT atoned for the sins of the people...

Upon doing this, we are granted the right to go boldly into the throne room to atone for our sins without the fear of death...

Your second question : Since I am currently studying something that is showing me that the Gentiles are the lost 10 tribes, I will have to reserve my answer for now...
    k, thanks for the response...I think we are grafted in...

Pamela

Pamela
    Admin
    Admin

Susan wrote:

Yes we are grafted in....But there is something more I believe with us and other nations being the lost 10 tribes...It's hard for me to speak about it right now until I finish studying it...

Anonymous

Pamela wrote:
    Susan wrote:

Yes we are grafted in....But there is something more I believe with us and other nations being the lost 10 tribes...It's hard for me to speak about it right now until I finish studying it...
    Thanks...let me know what you come up with...

Pamela

Pamela
    Admin
    Admin

Susan wrote:
    Pamela wrote:
    Susan wrote:

Thanks...let me know what you come up with...
    I will..

Anonymous

Herbert Armstrong wrote a book showing a very detailed analysis from scripture which showed that Ephraim and Mannasah (spelling?) are today's England and dependancies and the USA...His religion was shown to be religion and subject to a lot of the mores of religion, but I always felt he had some truth and that was a thing I reckoned with...a nation and a company of nations...Gen 35:11 And God said unto him, I [am] God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall be of thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins;

However, there is room for doubt I suspect...a lot of things sound good on paper...there was a quite a chapter on how the throne of the Queen of England is David's throne... (original)

Pamela

Pamela
    Admin
    Admin

I will continue to post on it soon...I did start a post on it, but was to quick with excitement and should not have posted until I was sure in my understanding...

Though from what I have seen and studied so far, it is looking more and more like we are along with other nations called Gentiles are the 10 tribes spread out and made blessed among the nations...

Pamela

Pamela
    Admin
    Admin

fervent wrote:

Herbert Armstrong wrote a book showing a very detailed analysis from scripture which showed that Ephraim and Mannasah (spelling?) are today's England and dependancies and the USA...His religion was shown to be religion and subject to a lot of the mores of religion, but I always felt he had some truth and that was a thing I reckoned with...a nation and a company of nations...Gen 35:11 And God said unto him, I [am] God Almighty: be fruitful and multiply; a nation and a company of nations shall be of thee, and kings shall come out of thy loins;

However, there is room for doubt I suspect...a lot of things sound good on paper...there was a quite a chapter on how the throne of the Queen of England is David's throne... (original)
    This is a piece of an article I found...
    A British man named Richard Brothers on the other hand, started British-Israelism between 1757 and 1824. It later achieved worldwide recognition through the writings and teachings of Herbert W Armstrong. Brothers was quite eccentric and was later not only confined to an insane asylum, but his key prophecy of the Hebrews regaining control of the Temple Mount in 1798 proved false. There are major glaring differences between pure untainted two house restoration views and the elitist and often racist views of British Israelism espoused by these two figures and many others.
    First and foremost British Israelism teaches that the Jews are not Israel and have no part in Israel. As the claimants to be the lost House Of Israel, they claim there are no Jews in this house. That is not what scripture teaches. Both houses had a crossover population from the other house of Israel and thus both houses contain a random representation of all 12 tribes, but not the fullness of all 12. British Israel's racist understanding goes on to teach that when it was time for Ephraim's seed to thrive, the Jews were subjugated and made subservient to the Ephraimites or the English-speaking peoples. Thus Anglo-Saxons now rule the globe and the rest of Israel instead of the Jewish nation ruling continually as Yahweh had said. They wrongly teach that as the birthright nation of Joseph (of which they are a part), that they have the authority to rule the 12 tribes due to that same birthright.
    Thus in British Israelism the scepter no longer remains in Judah, but now is to be found in Joseph. This is an illegal transference of the scepter of Judah. According to Genesis 49:10 however, the crown or scepter will belong to Judah or be found amongst the Jews until Messiah comes and establishes millennial kingdom glory. Since millennial glory hasn't been as of yet established, the right to rule resides among the Jews and her King Yahshua (Psalm 78:67-68. Not only is this a wicked and absurd form of replacement theology, it literally violates countless scriptures that refer to all Israel. including the Jews, as the head and not the tail. The Jews have not been destined to be Joseph's tail! British Israelism in order to thrive, by definition has to lord it over the Jewish part of Israel. This fallacious reasoning asserts that since Britain is Israel, no other nation can be according to others like E. Odlum in his book God's Covenant Man-British Israel. By their definition, there cannot possibly be two nations of Israelite population and background, let alone two legitimate kingdoms of Israel, according to British Israelism. Therefore Jewish Israel has ceased to exist upon their supposed rejection of Messiah Yahshua in 33AD. This rejection was the cause that moved Yahweh to transfer the scepter to Joseph. The Jews have no part in this new single global nation and have been replaced by a new covenant people of Anglo Israelites.

Pamela

Pamela
    Admin
    Admin

Something occured to me: Two in the field, one will remain..

Could this be speaking about the 2 kingdoms, The Southern and Northern Kingdoms? I have never thought of it in this manner before...

One must remain to be purified....

Anonymous

Susan wrote:Here is the scripture:

When the veil was torn in half, how does this solidify the OT Covenant and the NT Covenant?

How does this effect the Hewbrew Children's promise, and the NT promise of grafting in the gentiles?

The tearing in two of the veil was an attestation that no longer one man, the high priest, alone had access to the Holiest of Holies...but all men can come in on their own...Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as [we are, yet] without sin. Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

"How does this effect the Hewbrew Children's promise, and the NT promise of grafting in the gentiles?"

There are more answers...This is what the resurrected Christ told Paul at his conversion on the Damascus road...

Act 26:18 To open their eyes, [and] to turn [them] from darkness to light, and [from] the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

My slant is that those under the law, although it is a God induced and affirmed ritual, are serving the devil in trying to climb up to God in obedience...the Pharisees , who practiced the law and all of it's officialdom, were plainly told that they are of their father the devil...Christ accused them of being guilty of obeying the letter of the law but not the spirit of the law...a tremendous departure from what Christ preached about the heart and how it is effected in all outward obedience...Joh 8:44 Ye are of [your] father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. Christ is the bridge between saint and sinner, proponents of the law and opponents of the law as well as those who are saved by grace....

Anonymous

Pamela and Fervent, there is a school of thought that says the Church took the place of the Hebrew Promise, known as the First Covenant...but I disagree with this thought...the Church was grafted in under the New Testiment Promise....JESUS saves both Jew and Gentile.

See Romans Cahpter 3 & 11

1 Corinthians 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. 13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. 14 For the body is not one member, but many.

Anonymous

Susan wrote:Pamela and Fervent, there is a school of thought that says the Church took the place of the Hebrew Promise, known as the First Covenant...but I disagree with this thought...the Church was grafted in under the New Testiment Promise....JESUS saves both Jew and Gentile.

See Romans Cahpter 3 & 11

1 Corinthians 12:12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. 13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. 14 For the body is not one member, but many.

These scriptures assess the situation as completely as it may be spoken of in any order of wisdom...By them I have always understood the plan of God for the salvation of all men...and I agree with you, Susan...

Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office: Rom 11:14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation [them which are] my flesh, and might save some of them. Rom 11:15 For if the casting away of them [be] the reconciling of the world, what [shall] the receiving [of them be], but life from the dead? Rom 11:16 For if the firstfruit [be] holy, the lump [is] also [holy]: and if the root [be] holy, so [are] the branches. Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree; Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee. Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in. Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, [take heed] lest he also spare not thee. Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in [his] goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off. Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again. Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural [branches], be graffed into their own olive tree? Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: Rom 11:27 For this [is] my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. Rom 11:28 As concerning the gospel, [they are] enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, [they are] beloved for the fathers' sakes. Rom 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God [are] without repentance. Rom 11:30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief: Rom 11:31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy. Rom 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Pamela

Pamela
    Admin
    Admin

Okay, this is what I will be studying in my search on the Lost Tribes...Jesus and the Word is my guide to truth...In order to get history you must look to history books...

I have not come to a final conclusion of my belief yet on the Lost 10 Tribes yet...

But here is the link....

http://www.jerusalembooks.com/download/tribes.txt

Anonymous

Pamela wrote:Okay, this is what I will be studying in my search on the Lost Tribes...Jesus and the Word is my guide to truth...In order to get history you must look to history books...

I have not come to a final conclusion of my belief yet on the Lost 10 Tribes yet...

But here is the link....

http://www.jerusalembooks.com/download/tribes.txt

Thanks...I started another post on the LOST TRIBES...going to copy your link over there.

This is the link to the LOST TRIBES...

https://thegraceplace.forumotion.com/Various-Bible-Topics-f6/Ten-Lost-Tribes-of-Israel-t560.htm

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]