The Grace Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Grace Place is a forum that shares the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you are not saved but would like to know more, please contact one of the moderators for assistance.

AWTJ BOOKS IS A PLACE WHERE INDIE AUTHORS CAN GATHER TO DISCUSS, ADVERTISE, AND PROMOTE THEIR WORK FOR FREE. EVEN IF YOU HAVEN'T WRITTEN A BOOK, YOU ARE FREE TO JOIN TOO. FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS AN AUTHOR'S WORK, OR GIVE A REVIEW! WE DO NOT ALLOW EXPLICIT CONTENT OR WITCHCRAFT BOOKS.
Similar topics

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Sign of the Son of man

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Sign of the Son of man Empty The Sign of the Son of man Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:30 am

Anonymous

The sign, the sign, THE SIGN!

What is the sign of the Son of man? Is it Jesus himself or is it a sign of Jesus?

For Christ did say

Matthew 24:30
    And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

The sign is like a herald to indicate the coming of Christ, so this sign must preceed the coming of Christ. But what is the sign?

Tell me, anyone please, why does ALL the tribes of the earth mourn when the Sign of the Son of man is seen? What causes this grief if it be just a sign but not Christ himself, for Christ follows after the sign?

2The Sign of the Son of man Empty Re: The Sign of the Son of man Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:05 pm

Anonymous

Bob, that is a great question! Whenall the Tribes of the earth will mourn, is contained in that one verse...it is because they will finally see the POWER and the GLORLY of the LORD, when JESUS comes. JESUS, himself, is the sign.

We are told to look to the eastern sky, because JESUS will come from that direction...

Matthew 24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

It will be an event like no other!

Matthew 26: 64 Jesus said to him, "You have said it yourself; nevertheless I tell you, hereafter you will see THE SON OF MAN SITTING AT THE RIGHT HAND OF POWER, and COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF HEAVEN."

Mark 14:62 And Jesus said, "I am; and you shall see THE SON OF MAN SITTING AT THE RIGHT HAND OF POWER, and COMING WITH THE CLOUDS OF HEAVEN."

Luke 21:27 "Then they will see THE SON OF MAN COMING IN A CLOUD with power and great glory.

We are told that JESUS will come the same way as when he left...

Acts 1:11 They also said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into the sky? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven."

He will come for those who eagerly await him!

Hebrews 9:27 And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment 28 so Christ also, having been offered 6 once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him.

When the trumpet sounds

1 Corinthians 15:51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, F60 where is thy victory? 56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

3The Sign of the Son of man Empty Re: The Sign of the Son of man Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:52 pm

Anonymous

Very, very good, Susan! I was going to mention Matthew 24:27.

Then tell me, anyone, what shines in the east and into the west? Is this a sign seen in the day or in the night?

4The Sign of the Son of man Empty Re: The Sign of the Son of man Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:54 pm

Anonymous

okay, okay Laughing I'll give you all a hint. Christ comes LIKE a thief (not as THE thief) but like as a thief...when does a thief come to a house?

5The Sign of the Son of man Empty Re: The Sign of the Son of man Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:00 pm

Pamela

Pamela
    Admin
    Admin

When everyone is asleep and unaware...Mainly at night...

http://awtj.webs.com

6The Sign of the Son of man Empty Re: The Sign of the Son of man Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:26 pm

Anonymous

Spot on, Pamela cheers a thief comes normally at night.

There it is then when the sign of the Son of man shall be seen, it is at night. So, when the sun sets in the west lightening comest out of the East and when the sun rises in the east the sign shall shineth in the west.

What shineth in the night sky when the sun sets?

7The Sign of the Son of man Empty Re: The Sign of the Son of man Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:29 pm

Anonymous

The moon and stars...

8The Sign of the Son of man Empty Re: The Sign of the Son of man Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:54 pm

Anonymous

PRAISE THE LORD THE UTMOST FOR ONTO US A CHILD IS BORN!

... and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was.
    Matthew 2:9

He was announced by a star in the heavens onto his birth and so shall the King of Kings be announced again when he returns, for it is a star that is as lighening out of the east and so shineth in the west. As it was when he was born, the sign of the Son of man shall be a star.

Here is the final piece to this mystery. Why does the world mourn when it shall see a star?

9The Sign of the Son of man Empty Re: The Sign of the Son of man Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:51 pm

Anonymous

Is it because JESUS is the bright and morning star?

10The Sign of the Son of man Empty Re: The Sign of the Son of man Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:20 pm

Anonymous

Bob wrote:The sign, the sign, THE SIGN!

What is the sign of the Son of man? Is it Jesus himself or is it a sign of Jesus?

For Christ did say

Matthew 24:30
    And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

The sign is like a herald to indicate the coming of Christ, so this sign must preceed the coming of Christ. But what is the sign?

Tell me, anyone please, why does ALL the tribes of the earth mourn when the Sign of the Son of man is seen? What causes this grief if it be just a sign but not Christ himself, for Christ follows after the sign?

Luk 11:30 For as Jonas was a sign unto the Ninevites, so shall also the Son of man be to this generation.

I think the key is here but not sure how to fit the lock...I would have off the cuff said that the cross is the sign of the son of man...but Jonah was buried in the whales belly and in the sea and he came out to preach to Ninevah, who repented and I think there is something in that as a sign of Christ..coming as the son of man....

Also here is a link taking things deeper...

http://www.biblebb.com/files/MAC/sg2371.htm

11The Sign of the Son of man Empty Re: The Sign of the Son of man Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:47 am

Anonymous

That is an amazing link Fervent, for it says what I believe, and I have chills thinking about it.

This event, this sign is so big that it will turn night into twilight.

Two things I recall that you had posted in the past Larry that I believe applies. The dream or vision you had about an old man who throws the world through a pane of glass and Christ catches it effortlessly. The other a vision of an angel driving a fiery ball through space.

Susan, your answer is fit for a believer but many will not see the connection, because the earth will mourn that a star approaches.

The sign of the Son of man is a star and it approaches earth and it will become brighter and brighter with each passing night till it's light turns the night to twilight.

The star is a comet, a "planet killer," an extinction level event or "ele." That is why the whole earth shall mourn. And all the tribes and nations of the world will see this coming for days or weeks in advance.

Though scripture says

Acts 1:11
    Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

it is in a "like manner," and one that offers no description of what or how he was seen ascending, i.e. of bodily form or transformed into a glorious light and received into the clouds.

So, when the sign of the Son of man comes it's light will shine through the clouds and decend onto the earth.

It seems hard to believe because many might think Christ returns in bodily form like he was when he ascended before his disciples.

But fear not and take faith should you hear the news come one day, a comet approaches or a star. The world will panic and cry and none will be able to do a thing about it. Rather take comfort that you are going home, and in the final minutes you will not know the aftermath when the earth passes away for Christ will send forth his angels to gather his own in an instant before all is is gone.

2 Peter 3:10
    But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up

so now you know the sign of the Son of man. May the Lord grant all who read this wisdom and discernment. In Christ name, Amen.

Love HB

12The Sign of the Son of man Empty Re: The Sign of the Son of man Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:15 am

Anonymous

Bob, As always, I find your Bible studies refreshing.

Fervent, I find you always have something new and it is refreshing to look at the WORD with both of you.

...thank you both...

13The Sign of the Son of man Empty Re: The Sign of the Son of man Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:37 am

Anonymous

Bob wrote:That is an amazing link Fervent, for it says what I believe, and I have chills thinking about it.

This event, this sign is so big that it will turn night into twilight.

Two things I recall that you had posted in the past Larry that I believe applies. The dream or vision you had about an old man who throws the world through a pane of glass and Christ catches it effortlessly. The other a vision of an angel driving a fiery ball through space.

Susan, your answer is fit for a believer but many will not see the connection, because the earth will mourn that a star approaches.

The sign of the Son of man is a star and it approaches earth and it will become brighter and brighter with each passing night till it's light turns the night to twilight.

The star is a comet, a "planet killer," an extinction level event or "ele." That is why the whole earth shall mourn. And all the tribes and nations of the world will see this coming for days or weeks in advance.

Though scripture says

Acts 1:11
    Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

it is in a "like manner," and one that offers no description of what or how he was seen ascending, i.e. of bodily form or transformed into a glorious light and received into the clouds.

So, when the sign of the Son of man comes it's light will shine through the clouds and decend onto the earth.

It seems hard to believe because many might think Christ returns in bodily form like he was when he ascended before his disciples.

But fear not and take faith should you hear the news come one day, a comet approaches or a star. The world will panic and cry and none will be able to do a thing about it. Rather take comfort that you are going home, and in the final minutes you will not know the aftermath when the earth passes away for Christ will send forth his angels to gather his own in an instant before all is is gone.

2 Peter 3:10
    But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up

so now you know the sign of the Son of man. May the Lord grant all who read this wisdom and discernment. In Christ name, Amen.

Love HB

Act 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. Act 1:10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; Act 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven. Act 1:12 Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.

You are quite a visionary HB, one of the attributes of your personhood which has always intrigued me...beyond your personal affability that is...

As I read this, I was somehow drawn to a case in point about the return of Christ...I believe it is because Israel has become a nation all these years ago...(1948) That was the year I was born and in passing I have always felt a spiritual affinity with them because my lights came on when their's did...but I noticed just now that when Christ ascended, "Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey." In the last days before the return of the Lord, it could well be that they will have all returned to Jerusalem... (sheer speculation?) Right now there are Jews still scattered....I find myself intrigued by the thought that the signs in the heavens, and the universe reeling in disaray and the potential for a vast orb of a stellar object fast approaching earth by way of annillation, may be the very horse Christ rides to achieve His ends...and our more certain beginning...

14The Sign of the Son of man Empty Re: The Sign of the Son of man Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:25 am

Anonymous

Zechariah 14

1Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

2For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

3Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

4And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

5And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

6And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:

7But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.

8And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.

9And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

10All the land shall be turned as a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem: and it shall be lifted up, and inhabited in her place, from Benjamin's gate unto the place of the first gate, unto the corner gate, and from the tower of Hananeel unto the king's winepresses.

11And men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.

12And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

13And it shall come to pass in that day, that a great tumult from the LORD shall be among them; and they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbour, and his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbour.

14And Judah also shall fight at Jerusalem; and the wealth of all the heathen round about shall be gathered together, gold, and silver, and apparel, in great abundance.

15And so shall be the plague of the horse, of the mule, of the camel, and of the ass, and of all the beasts that shall be in these tents, as this plague.

16And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

17And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.

18And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

19This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

20In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses, HOLINESS UNTO THE LORD; and the pots in the LORD's house shall be like the bowls before the altar.

21Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the LORD of hosts: and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and seethe therein: and in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the LORD of hosts.

Your Friend in Christ,
    Val
    Messiahiscoming

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]