The Grace Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Grace Place is a forum that shares the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you are not saved but would like to know more, please contact one of the moderators for assistance.

AWTJ BOOKS IS A PLACE WHERE INDIE AUTHORS CAN GATHER TO DISCUSS, ADVERTISE, AND PROMOTE THEIR WORK FOR FREE. EVEN IF YOU HAVEN'T WRITTEN A BOOK, YOU ARE FREE TO JOIN TOO. FEEL FREE TO DISCUSS AN AUTHOR'S WORK, OR GIVE A REVIEW! WE DO NOT ALLOW EXPLICIT CONTENT OR WITCHCRAFT BOOKS.
Similar topics

You are not connected. Please login or register

Something that speaks

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Something that speaks Empty Something that speaks Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:18 pm

Pamela

Pamela
    Admin
    Admin

I was reading a post from a banned member on WorthyBoards...

The only problem is that Christians are not directly following Jesus, they are following texts written by other people about Jesus. There are several degrees of separation between what they are committing to (Christianity and the modern English translation of the Bible) and what they believe to be following ( Jesus.)

I will add this: This is why it is extremely important to develope a personal one on one relationship with Christ....You will know what to follow so not to be decieved....

http://awtj.webs.com

2Something that speaks Empty Re: Something that speaks Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:34 am

Anonymous

Pamela wrote:I was reading a post from a banned member on WorthyBoards...

The only problem is that Christians are not directly following Jesus, they are following texts written by other people about Jesus. There are several degrees of separation between what they are committing to (Christianity and the modern English translation of the Bible) and what they believe to be following ( Jesus.)

I will add this: This is why it is extremely important to develope a personal one on one relationship with Christ....You will know what to follow so not to be decieved....

If memory serves me correctly that is the site I got banned from...very religious...very heavy handed mod squad...

3Something that speaks Empty Re: Something that speaks Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:06 am

Anonymous

LOL! I got reprimanded for posting a Christian link to you tube. I don't post there too often.

4Something that speaks Empty Re: Something that speaks Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:36 am

Pamela

Pamela
    Admin
    Admin

You bunch of rebels! LOL!!!!

I don't know, I have guess I have behaved, I have not received as much as a warning..Though I did get banned from a Social Secuirty discussion board....LOL!

5Something that speaks Empty Re: Something that speaks Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:56 am

Anonymous

I guess we all have a little bit of rebel in us. Wink

6Something that speaks Empty Re: Something that speaks Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:53 pm

Anonymous

Here is something that spoke to me at church, Sunday morning...

Here is the scriptural reference:

Deuteronomy 28:1 And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth: 2 And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God. 3 Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field. 4 Blessed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep. 5 Blessed shall be thy basket and thy store. 6 Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and blessed shalt thou be when thou goest out. 7 The LORD shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways. 8 The LORD shall command the blessing upon thee in thy storehouses, and in all that thou settest thine hand unto; and he shall bless thee in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee. 9 The LORD shall establish thee an holy people unto himself, as he hath sworn unto thee, if thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, and walk in his ways. 10 And all people of the earth shall see that thou art called by the name of the LORD; and they shall be afraid of thee. 11 And the LORD shall make thee plenteous in goods, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy ground, in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers to give thee. 12 The LORD shall open unto thee his good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow.

This is a blessing the LORD blessed Israel with...

It was something the Pastor said: He said as Christians we can lay claim for verse 6: Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and blessed shalt thou be when thou goest out.

But, that Christian Pastors have mislead their flocks in the name it and claim it, prosperity movement...that we as Christians are stealing the birthright blessings of Israel, as outlined in this chapter.

I was a little shocked, but understood, what this Pastor was saying. In essence, those that have followed this teaching are coming up short on the prosperity promises, because that promise was for Israel...as Christian's our blessing lies within the promise of JESUS...we are no longer under the law...see Galations 3.

7Something that speaks Empty Re: Something that speaks Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:10 pm

Pamela

Pamela
    Admin
    Admin

Yes Susan that is correct...The law was mean't for the Jews only...When Paul began preaching to the Gentiles he is the one (before Peter) to bring the message of Jesus Christ and accepting Him by faith. That the Gentiles are decidedly not held to the law and therefore is not under the law.

If I am not mistaken, Paul was killed by the Romans first, then Peter came out to preach to the Gentiles....Peter had already been told by Jesus that he would build His church upon what He had said...

I have never settled with the name it and claim it stuff....

8Something that speaks Empty Re: Something that speaks Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:17 pm

Anonymous

Pamela wrote:Yes Susan that is correct...The law was mean't for the Jews only...When Paul began preaching to the Gentiles he is the one (before Peter) to bring the message of Jesus Christ and accepting Him by faith. That the Gentiles are decidedly not held to the law and therefore is not under the law.

If I am not mistaken, Paul was killed by the Romans first, then Peter came out to preach to the Gentiles....Peter had already been told by Jesus that he would build His church upon what He had said...

I have never settled with the name it and claim it stuff....

Many of us have sat under this teaching within the church...and many have been disapointed, by the lack of properity promised. My treasure is in heavenly places.

9Something that speaks Empty Re: Something that speaks Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:28 pm

Pamela

Pamela
    Admin
    Admin

Yes, and it is ashame that it still goes on today....

YEPPERS! Our treasures are in heaven....

10Something that speaks Empty Re: Something that speaks Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:55 pm

Anonymous

The only problem is that Christians are not directly following Jesus, they are following texts written by other people about Jesus.

That speaks volumes Pamela...I remember you telling me about this..You are always saying, why read books about the bible when your nose should be in the bible...

11Something that speaks Empty Re: Something that speaks Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:58 pm

Anonymous

why read books about the bible when your nose should be in the bible...
    Now that is worth the quote! cheers

12Something that speaks Empty Re: Something that speaks Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:00 pm

Anonymous

Susan wrote:
    You should hear her, LOL! That is one of her biggest complaints...

13Something that speaks Empty Re: Something that speaks Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:01 pm

Anonymous

Pastor Josh wrote:
    Susan wrote:
    I can imagine...mine is:

Deny HIS WORD, and you deny HIM.

14Something that speaks Empty Re: Something that speaks Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:02 pm

Anonymous

Susan wrote:
    Pastor Josh wrote:
    Susan wrote:
    I can imagine...mine is:

Deny HIS WORD, and you deny HIM.
    Powerful statement! Full of truth....

15Something that speaks Empty Re: Something that speaks Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:14 am

Anonymous

Pastor Josh wrote:The only problem is that Christians are not directly following Jesus, they are following texts written by other people about Jesus.

That speaks volumes Pamela...I remember you telling me about this..You are always saying, why read books about the bible when your nose should be in the bible...

That is why I finally (a few years ago) gave up reading the glut of Christian reading material available today...when I began to read faith books from men, they had to be found in or near the occult section at Coles Notes...but now there are many exclusive Christian outlets....one can easily be bogged down and lose meat and be bound to other men's opinions....which brings me to another truth in this present time...because we can all type away to our hearts content, we all have become preachers and teachers....there is an obvious bent in forums at large that no one wants to learn and all want to be a voice...the divergence of thought scars the peace...and so many have not the truth of the Lord, but operate in the arena of supposition....reading many such post is tantamount to continually answering a knock at the door to hear some JW telling one that miracles are not for today....

16Something that speaks Empty Re: Something that speaks Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:07 am

Pamela

Pamela
    Admin
    Admin

I hear you Larry...We all have a calling on our lives...Whether it be preach, teach, evangelize, apostleship, or prohecy.

In the church today these callings have become "MUSH" everyone wants to get "seen" and "heard" from the pulpit.

I have a particular calling and I enjoy remaining in it and flowing in it.

From time to time the Lord will call me to teach something. Once that is done, I feel the calling to teach leave me. I always have the calling of a prophet on me with a strong gift of discernment. At times He will give me a word of knowledge about someone.

Because people want to be seen and heard with anything of God the unity of the members is not evident. The body of Christ remains sick. That is why to me it is important that the leaders here remain in their callings, step up in their callings and don't try to do a legs job when your an arm.

Here at the Church we see things happen that is amazing..Since we are so few, no one here is trying to step into a calling they were not called to do..I sometimes shutter at the thought of membership growth because I know what it brings....ie...Church people, if you know what I mean....

This is how I see the leaders here...

HLA has the gift of interpretation concerning dreams and visions. She has a gift of discernment that is still developing. I also see the Apostleship on HLA, her heart for the Lord draws people to Him...
    Susan is a teacher. She has the ability to go and collect things in an order that is completely understandable to all. Susan can rebuke, correct and teach with the love of Christ outpouring and not her flesh. The gift of discerment is extrememly strong on Susan...
    fervent I see the gift of prophecy flow forth from you. The words you speak in prophecy are drawing in and not pushing out...Whether you have reconized it yet or not, the Evangelist is the larger calling I see on you...
    Pastor Josh has the calling of a peacher. I just wish he had more time to post. Pastor Josh preaches a fire and brime stone message with a shepards heart....He says those things most don't want to hear...
    I will not speak of myself because others may see me differently...

This is how I see the leaders of this forum....
    Though this forum has a preacher, teacher, prophet, evangelist and apostle...If we flow in them and allow them to work, this ministry will flourish in HIM....He will be in the midst...If we allow this, we won't have a forum just full of posts that lead to no where...They will work in the lives of those who come here...

17Something that speaks Empty Re: Something that speaks Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:58 am

Anonymous

fervent wrote:
    Pastor Josh wrote:The only problem is that Christians are not directly following Jesus, they are following texts written by other people about Jesus.

That is why I finally (a few years ago) gave up reading the glut of Christian reading material available today...when I began to read faith books from men, they had to be found in or near the occult section at Coles Notes...but now there are many exclusive Christian outlets....one can easily be bogged down and lose meat and be bound to other men's opinions....which brings me to another truth in this present time...because we can all type away to our hearts content, we all have become preachers and teachers....there is an obvious bent in forums at large that no one wants to learn and all want to be a voice...the divergence of thought scars the peace...and so many have not the truth of the Lord, but operate in the arena of supposition....reading many such post is tantamount to continually answering a knock at the door to hear some JW telling one that miracles are not for today....

This is true, and one reason I stick with the WORD. As for most forums, and I can attest to what you are saying. If we do not build this forum, on the WORD, it will not stand...just as a house divided against itself cannot stand.

Fervent, I feel led to share this with you. You have the gift of prophecy within you. It is a HOLY SPIRIT ANNOINTING, and the LORD is calling you to share HIS WORD...I know that you have struggled with this gift. Not everyone wants to hear the WORD, or is accepting to the messege or the messenger. Not many prophets are accepted in todays world, and many claim the title are not gifted. The message that flows from the LORD thorugh you, must be given, regardless of what men or women may think. Sometimes I have to re-read a post several times, when the message is clearly there, but I am seeing with human eyes, and need my spiritual eyes and heart to understand. JESUS spoke in parables, and this is how I read the WORD that you post...sometimes it is clear for me, and other times, it is not a WORD for me at the given moment, but later on, it makes perfect sense to me, and I have one of those, OH! moments. Where my brain is finally connecting to what is said. Don't give up on something the LORD has blessed you with.

We all fit together in the "quilt" the LORD is preparing here. Each peice of a quilt fits neatly with the next, until there is a covering that is usable. I use the idea of a quilt because it remids me of warmth and security, which was peiced together with love. If one peice gets tattered and torn, the quilt remains useful, because it is easily mended, and retains its usefulness. I love you

Pamela, you really have a gift of discernment. Thank you for the kind thoughts about each of us!

18Something that speaks Empty Re: Something that speaks Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:24 am

Pamela

Pamela
    Admin
    Admin

The quilt reference is a really great one to use....I really liked that...

19Something that speaks Empty Re: Something that speaks Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:39 am

Anonymous

Susan wrote:
    fervent wrote:

This is true, and one reason I stick with the WORD. As for most forums, and I can attest to what you are saying. If we do not build this forum, on the WORD, it will not stand...just as a house divided against itself cannot stand.

Fervent, I feel led to share this with you. You have the gift of prophecy within you. It is a HOLY SPIRIT ANNOINTING, and the LORD is calling you to share HIS WORD...I know that you have struggled with this gift. Not everyone wants to hear the WORD, or is accepting to the messege or the messenger. Not many prophets are accepted in todays world, and many claim the title are not gifted. The message that flows from the LORD thorugh you, must be given, regardless of what men or women may think. Sometimes I have to re-read a post several times, when the message is clearly there, but I am seeing with human eyes, and need my spiritual eyes and heart to understand. JESUS spoke in parables, and this is how I read the WORD that you post...sometimes it is clear for me, and other times, it is not a WORD for me at the given moment, but later on, it makes perfect sense to me, and I have one of those, OH! moments. Where my brain is finally connecting to what is said. Don't give up on something the LORD has blessed you with.

We all fit together in the "quilt" the LORD is preparing here. Each peice of a quilt fits neatly with the next, until there is a covering that is usable. I use the idea of a quilt because it remids me of warmth and security, which was peiced together with love. If one peice gets tattered and torn, the quilt remains useful, because it is easily mended, and retains its usefulness. I love you

Pamela, you really have a gift of discernment. Thank you for the kind thoughts about each of us!
    I have been waiting not so patiently for my calling to become evident and as I have done so the Lord has been "promoting" me in several areas of life. I am "president" on my condo board, and I am a board member at church. The church event is where it is at for me obviously. I have done nothing to attain anything there and have even seen a few people attempt to climb into the pastor's view in ways which have brought them the opposite they desired, for they were not ready and it became evidient in a fleshly way early on...as for me I have not even been able to attend church as often as I might like because of my job situation, and have still been brought to the inner circle of their confidence...the leading just now is that I will be asked to administrate a hefty program of church growth and the finances of the church which have recently become noteworthy...that would include being given an opportunity to preach at times and may even be the unfolding of a word I was given directly to myself years ago (not through another man prophesying to me) so here I am and here I am unconvinced when at a time I was wanting to be recognized so desperately and now I know who and what I am and how utterly incapable of all that I am apart from a yet to be realized anointing upon me...I have been like a sheet in the wind for years...hung out to dry in plain view and catching a lot of atmospheric dirt in the process...my "prophetic" unction has not grown at all in those years...but rather has dwindled...yet there is something stirring in me and I feel that my perceptions are couched in a new found maturity which somehow masks the initial puppyhood stage of my growth where I was nipping at everyone's heels and being a nuisance...I am very much as the Lord called me one time... a "late bloomer." he said to me, "Some seeds are planted early and bloom late while still others are planted late and bloom early." (Paraphrased) While all this is going on, I am humbled in my life by the fact that after all these years of doing what I always felt was work somewhat beneath my ability and even dignity as a truck driver, I now am submitted to even lower frames of reference as I wash the trailers I used to drag behind me and that job is decidedly untechnical and uneventful and not all that pressing or stressful..just leaves one feeling that he missed the boat in life....

20Something that speaks Empty Re: Something that speaks Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:48 am

Pamela

Pamela
    Admin
    Admin

It is when we come to the end of self and wanting ourself to be reconized that we then begin to truthfully and truely walk in the calling we are called to do...

21Something that speaks Empty Re: Something that speaks Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:57 am

Anonymous

Fervent, you haven't missed the boat. Even if your job is less than desirable, it could be a learning to submit thing with the LORD. I too have gone through the puppy stages, I think I posted that somewere on this forum. Wanting to be used, I was like a lost puppy...everything happens in the LORD'S timing, not our timing. The LORD has been preparing you.

22Something that speaks Empty Re: Something that speaks Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:12 pm

Pamela

Pamela
    Admin
    Admin

Just think of Moses...He was not a young man when the Lord called him...

Abraham and Sarah had a baby when they were older...

We have to stop our thinking of "age" and how old we are...This is an intellect type of thinking...

23Something that speaks Empty Re: Something that speaks Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:22 pm

Anonymous

Pamela wrote:Just think of Moses...He was not a young man when the Lord called him...

We have to stop our thinking of "age" and how old we are...This is an intellect type of thinking...
    I have come to that thought also many times, but have always taken it further because I do not resonably expect to live to be 120...so maybe my ministry will be short and sweet....

24Something that speaks Empty Re: Something that speaks Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:25 pm

Anonymous

fervent wrote:
    Pamela wrote:Just think of Moses...He was not a young man when the Lord called him...

I have come to that thought also many times, but have always taken it further because I do not resonably expect to live to be 120...so maybe my ministry will be short and sweet....
    I love you better get busy then... study

25Something that speaks Empty Re: Something that speaks Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:37 pm

Pamela

Pamela
    Admin
    Admin

Susan wrote:
    fervent wrote:

I love you better get busy then... study
    Who knows the plans the Lord God has for us....Only He knows them...He holds the answer to our day and hour of our passing...The Lord can allow you to move a mountain in one day that affects thousands...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]